Windows 10: Anyone Heard Of Screensaver Stopping An Ongoing A/V Scan?

Discus and support Anyone Heard Of Screensaver Stopping An Ongoing A/V Scan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On another forum I'm trying to help a guy who insists his A/V scan is interrupted every time his screensaver engages/locks. (requires password to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ex_Brit, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

Anyone Heard Of Screensaver Stopping An Ongoing A/V Scan?

On another forum I'm trying to help a guy who insists his A/V scan is interrupted every time his screensaver engages/locks. (requires password to resume).
    He's blaming the A/V and I'm blaming Windows 10....ideas anyone?

:)

Ex_Brit, Dec 7, 2015
  2. CamMan68 Win User

Has anyone heard of a fix for the Palm Pro running 6.1 SMS 2016?

Is anything being done to fix the SMS issue showing 2016 on SMS to Sprint Palm Pro phones?

CamMan68, Dec 7, 2015
  3. CamMan68 Win User
    Has anyone heard of a fix for the Palm Pro running 6.1 SMS 2016?

I looked at these but it appears that these are only temporary. My understanding is that this changes the settings to show the time received instead of the time sent. I live in a rural area and some of my texts are delayed by up to 5 hours so I need
    to know when the texts were actually sent - NOT received. Do I understand this correctly?

(Sprint is aware of the delays but say there is nothing else they can do about them.)

CamMan68, Dec 7, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows would not do that. My experience is that I can run the av and it doesn't interrupt the screen saver.

BunnyJ, Dec 7, 2015
  5. Ex_Brit Win User
    In the case I'm dealing with it's the other way around, he maintains that the screensaver is interrupting the a/v scan. I can't repro it at all.

Ex_Brit, Dec 7, 2015
  6. What A/V is he using as he has not posted that
    Also windows 10 would not do that
    It has to be a bug in his A/V

hTconeM9user, Dec 7, 2015
  7. Ex_Brit Win User
    OK I guess it is. It's McAfee Internet Security suite. I also have the software but for me it works fine.

Ex_Brit, Dec 7, 2015
  8. Anyone Heard Of Screensaver Stopping An Ongoing A/V Scan?

I have the same also so might not be that as mine works ok as well
    Can you get more information like is the scan set to only work when computer is idle as mine is set to do it once a month on start up

hTconeM9user, Dec 7, 2015
  9. Ex_Brit Win User
    I've suggested various settings that perhaps should be changed and am waiting to hear back. I asked here simply to see if anyone had encountered it.

Ex_Brit, Dec 7, 2015
  10. DerDonc Win User
    Occasionally I have the same problem. I´m using AVIRA Antivirus Pro. It used to happen while I was using Windows 7. I did the upgrade to Windows 10 and sometimes it still occurs.

DerDonc, Dec 8, 2015
  11. Ex_Brit Win User
    That's interesting to know, thanks.

Ex_Brit, Dec 8, 2015
  12. vgchat Win User
    Well if it comes down to it, try to advise him to disable the screensaver and just turn off the monitor instead until the AV finishes up.

vgchat, Dec 13, 2015
  13. Ex_Brit Win User

We're trying various scenarios, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it. He says it's intermittent anyway, so not a real problem or a bug that support could work on. One thing we did find out, Win key + L not only locks the desktop, it locks the A/V scan too which is a bug that support could work on.

Ex_Brit, Dec 13, 2015
  14. Do people still use screen-savers? How quaint.

nigelmercier, Dec 14, 2015
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes.. we do.

BunnyJ, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyone Heard Of Screensaver Stopping An Ongoing A/V Scan? - Similar Threads - Anyone Heard Screensaver

2. Has anyone heard of PS.sales offering microsoft programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone heard of PS.sales offering microsoft programs?: found this advert on my yahoo homepage. want to know if this is a legit company and offer, or if this is too good to be real scam.https://ps.sale/product-category/black-friday/?utm_source=y&utm_medium=21&utm_campaign=c...
  3. Has anyone heard of PS.sales offering microsoft programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone heard of PS.sales offering microsoft programs?: found this advert on my yahoo homepage. want to know if this is a legit company and offer, or if this is too good to be real scam.https://ps.sale/product-category/black-friday/?utm_source=y&utm_medium=21&utm_campaign=c...
  4. Has anyone heard of Hotspot Shield

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has anyone heard of Hotspot Shield: Has anyone heard of an app called HotSpot Shield, I'm guessing it is a VPN. It showed up on my Fujitsu Q704 convertible after I allowed a bunch of updates to be done after I purchased it. Wondering if it is any good or not, or if it is a umm, well, bs app. Also I am an owner...
  5. Anyone ever heard of walliant?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone ever heard of walliant?: Found a game I wanted to try but the website seemed sketchy, thought I was just paranoid but I was wrong. I have a dell laptop, I deleted everything the download came with but this thing called walliant downloaded with it and when I try to uninstall it asks if I want to let...
  6. Stop me if you've heard this before...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stop me if you've heard this before...: Hi there, After running Win 10 (Professional) without incident since it was introduced, our trusty desktop system decided it was ready to die. We had all data and apps transferred to temporary replacement system. When that old boat anchor was replaced by this new Dell...
  7. Trouble with App removal CDNetstreamer2.r05? Anyone heard of it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble with App removal CDNetstreamer2.r05? Anyone heard of it?: So I've been getting these pop up ads at random. When I'm surfing on mozilla, when I'm just cruising around my desktop moving files or doing drive modifications or what ever else. I understand when surfing the net but when I'm just on my desktop with no browsers open? Also...
  8. anyone heard of this sandbox shadesandbox??

anyone heard of this sandbox shadesandbox??: Hi all was searching for a simple sandbox and came across a youtube video on this one shadesandbox here's the address shadesandbox. com anyone use it from here and what do you know about it does it play nice with antiviruses and i know sandboxie does not like allot of...
  9. Has anyone heard of EasyUEFI? Is it safe?

Has anyone heard of EasyUEFI? Is it safe?: Hello, I was recently advised here to download EasyBCD, but accidentally installed EasyUEFI. Has anyone heard of it? I didn't find too much information about it anywhere. Thanks! 40074
  10. anyone heard of this blu-ray software Leawo player

anyone heard of this blu-ray software Leawo player: Hi all so this is a not clickable link do to safety reason has anyone heard of this software Leawo blu ray software here is not clickable link must copy and past, is it any good. www. leawo.com/blu-ray-player/?b as i was looking for a free bdvd player and was wondering has...