Windows 10: Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu?

Discus and support Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have decided to go default with some of my Windows 10 settings. So does anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu? 38778 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu?

I have decided to go default with some of my Windows 10 settings. So does anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu?

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 26, 2016

2. Does anyone know how to change the default contacts menu in mobile 6.1?

I just installed iContact 0.9 into my HTC touch HD and like it far more than the windows mobile 6.1 default contacts menu. I would like my phone to find iContact as the default contacts menu rather than having to open the program separately. I am running
    my phone with the touchflo interface. Any suggestions?

Hong Kong Ryan, Jan 26, 2016
  3. Does anyone know how to change the default contacts menu in mobile 6.1?

I'm sure you are already doing this Ryan but I would use the Programs Tab in the Touch Flo interface and have your program as one of the first apps showing.

http://www.experiencemobility.net

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu?

Have you looked in Settings
    System
    Display
    Then scroll down to Default Apps
    Scroll down again
    Until you come to
    Reset to Microsoft default Apps
    Then click
    Reset
    Hopefully that is what you want

hTconeM9user, Jan 26, 2016
  5. No. I am trying to reset the layout to Default of the Start Menu.

6. philc43 Win User
    On your system the default user will still have a fresh start menu layout and you could create a temporary new user and examine that start menu to see how it looks but I do not have a clever way of resetting your own unless this idea sparks off someone else to suggest one!

philc43, Jan 26, 2016
  7. Well, I tried other tutorials but it looks like they don't work anymore. So, I have a fresh install of my sister's PC of the Default Start Menu and copying it on my mom's Desktop PC.

8. BunnyJ New Member

Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu?

Out of curiosity ... what occurred to mess it up??

BunnyJ, Jan 26, 2016
  9. The computer or the Start Menu?

10. BunnyJ New Member
    The start menu.. what happed?? Was it working from the beginning??

BunnyJ, Jan 26, 2016
  11. Yes, but I rearranged it to my liking. Now, my OCD has kicked in after I saw a Default Windows 10 Start Menu and want it back to Default.

12. BunnyJ New Member
    Can you post an image of what you have now and what you want it to look like. If you simply removed the tiles from the right of the start then all you should have to do is pin them back on there.

Here's what mine looks like and I just pin or remove the tiles as I want so it suits my needs:

Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jan 26, 2016
  13. Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu?

Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu? [​IMG]

14. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok.. that looks like the default I got when I installed 10.. what do you want to do to it??

BunnyJ, Jan 26, 2016
  15. I am working on getting it back to default. However, I wanted to reset it back to normal with a simple command of some kind. But I guess you have to do it manually.

Thema:

Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu?

1. Anyone know how to Restore the Default Windows 10 Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Anyone Restore Default

2. Anyone know how restore utilman.exe back to normal?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Anyone know how restore utilman.exe back to normal?: I have tried several times to do so and it keeps telling me "The system cannot find the file specified." I did this to be able to log on to my computer but now it has an access to cmd on the logon screen which anyone can use. Please help and thank you....
  3. Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pulagatha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnsn6a/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_the_search_menu/
  4. Does anyone know what's the cause of this text issue on the start menu and know how to fix it?

Does anyone know what's the cause of this text issue on the start menu and know how to fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FUKAYOU2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnj7wx/does_anyone_know_whats_the_cause_of_this_text/
  5. How to increase start menu font size anyone knows?

How to increase start menu font size anyone knows?: Today I switched on my laptop and pressed the windows keys and I don't know how but the start menu font got very small how to increase that? submitted by /u/RadioActiveMemes_YT [link] [comments]...
  6. Does anyone know how to enable the new Start Menu on build 20175?

Does anyone know how to enable the new Start Menu on build 20175?: [ATTACH] I have a Windows 10 Insider VM Build 20175 set up, but I want to try the new start menu because it is not enabled by default. I tried using ViveTool but failed. Can anyone help?...
  7. Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?

Does anyone know how to disable web results in Start Menu search?: It's getting kinda annoying having random videos pop up in Start when I'm just trying to find a file on my computer. submitted by /u/DeportThatBeanBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1nofy/does_anyone_know_how_to_disable_web_results_in/
  8. Restore Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore Windows 10 Start Menu: How do I restore the start menu? I did an update and now my Start menu isn't right. Please help me restore it back to before I did the update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-10-start-menu/0f439f79-4c9d-4b22-afa6-28c0b5dc5258
  9. Restore default start menu and task bar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore default start menu and task bar?: How to restore default start menu and task bar? I don't like the apps set as "tiles" and I cant seem to find how to bring the default start menu and task bar....
  10. Restore start menu apps to default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore start menu apps to default: I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default. Any way to do this? 7765