Windows 10: Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing?

Discus and support Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wish to send small bits of information in a sort of LAN format between computers in my room, without the use or need necessarily for USB or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SotoPrior, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing?

I wish to send small bits of information in a sort of LAN format between computers in my room, without the use or need necessarily for USB or otherwise. For example I'm needing to download a file that I have the link for now on a separate tab, but I don't wish to waste the bandwidth of the current computer I'm typing on and studying through with streamed videos on at the same time. I mean luckily enough, I can log into another computer at the same time to use a separated bandwidth to download this ISO file, but I'd hate running back and forth between the two computers to ascertain that I typed the web address correctly. Now our older windows 7 computers HAD a sort of shared files folder directory, but since we've upgraded a well bout in I'd say December, all sorts of directories for windows 10 have been either not created, or not authorized as of yet; (and given our elderly IT senior,) potentially not called for at all anytime soon. I mean I can always email myself the link, but I was just wondering if there was another manner a bit more simplified for this, a kin to things like the program Kik on the mobile phone, but more simple or direct for portable use.

Now I do want to give a fair disclaimer, this is not for malicious intent or otherwise, and the choice for the file system change was not made for any real security issue, but seemingly disregarded, when our study material was subsidized from filed documents of study material and videos, towards a more of what they considered "streamlined" manner of teaching through fully browser sported lesson plans, tests, videos, simulations, and otherwise, that coupled with the reluctant compliancy of other students here, have just led from one thing towards the other, with less and less for what they'd have to provide for us fiscally, it would seem.

:)

SotoPrior, Jun 13, 2018
  2. ab1kenobee Win User

Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Howdy, Bree:

I successfully implemented your instructions.

Default PowerSpect 1510

Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing? [​IMG]

I have (1) issue to resolve (see printscreen):

• Not able to CREATE more than (4) partitions on Disk 2.

Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing? [​IMG]

Might you suggest a SOLUTION?

Thank you much in advance.

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Karthicka_R Win User
    How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2018
  4. ab1kenobee Win User

QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?

Howdy, slicendice:

Appreciate the viable points you're making:

• Legal implementation of portable apps
    • Avoid modified binaries
    • Sandboxing hardens system security
    • Safety provided by implementing PortableApps.com converter

I will be creating an Evernote Portable App NOTE compiling the many valuable and practical pointers made in this thread by ALL.

Thank you much!

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing? - Similar Threads - Anyone portable Chatroom

2. Does anyone know of this software?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know of this software?: Hi folks - This was passed onto me by a old friend: Ultimate Boot CD - Overview Doesn't even look like it is updated. Is it known and trusted? Few details. TIA *Zip 121780
  3. Anyone know what this file extension is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what this file extension is?: These are the files on my back up drive, some are Ghost and (so I thought) a Win 10 back up. One has the extension .7 file. I know this is usually 7 zip but I don't use 7 zip and it looks like a back up from the size of it. Any ideas please? [img] 113979
  4. Anyone know how to change default font in 'Mail' app?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone know how to change default font in 'Mail' app?: It appears that the Mail app wants to show all messages in nasty 'Times New Roman' or similar. Does anyone know how to change default font that the Mail app uses? I can't find anything in the settings at all. Edit: I should make it clear that I am talking about the font...
  5. Anyone Know what these Green ticks are?

Anyone Know what these Green ticks are?: Anyone Know what these Green ticks are? It's not the first time I've seen them they stay for hours and then go away eventually. Thank you in advance. [img] 73913
  6. Portable app opening wrong desktop after switch to standard user...

Portable app opening wrong desktop after switch to standard user...: For a long time, I've used an admin account in Windows for everyday use. Based on recommendations, I finally switched to using a Standard account for safety. Consequently, a portable app that I use regularly now prompts me to enter my Admin password and when I open files...
  7. Does anyone knows any file delete app?

Does anyone knows any file delete app?: Hi, I'm using the Tuneup 2016 app, this suite has a program called Tuneup shredder, I wonder if someone knows any alternative of this tool. This app safes delete the files. I'm planning to stop using Tuneup but i find very usefull the file deteler. Thanks!. 67676
  8. Missing apps in Start Bar, anyone know a fix?

Missing apps in Start Bar, anyone know a fix?: This is what I see when I open my Start Bar; https://i.imgur.com/s9WDU0J.jpg 10433
  9. Anyone know a way to restart Cortana?

Anyone know a way to restart Cortana?: Anyone know a way to restart Cortana? I've tried to end task, turning off/on, trying to relearn voice and she doesn't speak. This happens every time after locking the pc or turning off my tv display and logging back in. 8206
  10. Does anyone know what this is about?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does anyone know what this is about?: Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: Application:9WZDNCRD2G0J-Submission:1152921504626905280 This message has appeared in Windows 10 update log for the last few weeks. Haven't been able to track it down. Thanks in advance. 91993