Windows 10: Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing?

Discus and support Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I wish to send small bits of information in a sort of LAN format between computers in my room, without the use or need necessarily for USB or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SotoPrior, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SotoPrior Win User

Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing?

I wish to send small bits of information in a sort of LAN format between computers in my room, without the use or need necessarily for USB or otherwise. For example I'm needing to download a file that I have the link for now on a separate tab, but I don't wish to waste the bandwidth of the current computer I'm typing on and studying through with streamed videos on at the same time. I mean luckily enough, I can log into another computer at the same time to use a separated bandwidth to download this ISO file, but I'd hate running back and forth between the two computers to ascertain that I typed the web address correctly. Now our older windows 7 computers HAD a sort of shared files folder directory, but since we've upgraded a well bout in I'd say December, all sorts of directories for windows 10 have been either not created, or not authorized as of yet; (and given our elderly IT senior,) potentially not called for at all anytime soon. I mean I can always email myself the link, but I was just wondering if there was another manner a bit more simplified for this, a kin to things like the program Kik on the mobile phone, but more simple or direct for portable use.

Now I do want to give a fair disclaimer, this is not for malicious intent or otherwise, and the choice for the file system change was not made for any real security issue, but seemingly disregarded, when our study material was subsidized from filed documents of study material and videos, towards a more of what they considered "streamlined" manner of teaching through fully browser sported lesson plans, tests, videos, simulations, and otherwise, that coupled with the reluctant compliancy of other students here, have just led from one thing towards the other, with less and less for what they'd have to provide for us fiscally, it would seem.

:)

SotoPrior, Jun 13, 2018

2. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Howdy, Bree:

I successfully implemented your instructions.

Default PowerSpect 1510

Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing? [​IMG]

I have (1) issue to resolve (see printscreen):

• Not able to CREATE more than (4) partitions on Disk 2.

Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing? [​IMG]

Might you suggest a SOLUTION?

Thank you much in advance.

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Jun 14, 2018
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing?

QUESTION: Efficacy of Running Portable Apps on Internal Hard Drive ?

Howdy, slicendice:

Appreciate the viable points you're making:

• Legal implementation of portable apps
    • Avoid modified binaries
    • Sandboxing hardens system security
    • Safety provided by implementing PortableApps.com converter

I will be creating an Evernote Portable App NOTE compiling the many valuable and practical pointers made in this thread by ALL.

Thank you much!

~ Alan

ab1kenobee, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing?

1. Anyone Know of a portable Chatroom Desktop app with filesharing? - Similar Threads - Anyone portable Chatroom

2. SmartGenius app portable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SmartGenius app portable: Hello, i have Genius NX-7015 mouse and i did go to official Genius website to download SmartGenius app but when i downloaded it. It was setup for SmartGenius app bu it has admin rights and i don't have admin rights.Sincerely,Windows_7_2009...
  3. SmartGenius app portable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SmartGenius app portable: Hello, i have Genius NX-7015 mouse and i did go to official Genius website to download SmartGenius app but when i downloaded it. It was setup for SmartGenius app bu it has admin rights and i don't have admin rights.Sincerely,Windows_7_2009...
  4. for anyone that knows

for anyone that knows: can someone send a link please im trying to make a virtual machine and need a iso file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-anyone-that-knows/0d5058be-af68-40b1-a05e-2d5a64147521
  5. for anyone that knows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for anyone that knows: can someone send a link please im trying to make a virtual machine and need a iso file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-anyone-that-knows/0d5058be-af68-40b1-a05e-2d5a64147521
  6. FSLogix on SOFS Fileshare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSLogix on SOFS Fileshare: HiI need to implement FSLogix in an on-prem RDS-environment. The customer has SOFS where the share for the profiles would be stored. Is SOFS any good for FSLogix?thanks in advance...
  7. Local Network Filesharing

Local Network Filesharing: I and other people in the office cannot access the local filesharing from today. It used to work properly but for some reasons we cannot access it anymore. The error I get when I click on Fileshare is: The drive or network connection that the shortcut "Fileshare.Ink" refers...
  8. Anyone knows what this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone knows what this is?: do anyone knows what this "program" means? literally bought this notebook 3 days ago, and this is something i dont have any idea what it is. submitted by /u/Imtiredpleaseshtup [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzqvij/anyone_knows_what_this_is/
  9. Anyone knows what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone knows what is it?: Windows Version number 19041.685 Does anyone knows what is it showing on the picture. It keeps happening when I'm playing game. I play FPS, it might be the tab, cap locks, shift keys of some kind of combination. When it happens whenever key I press, it will force the game to...
  10. Anyone know what causes this? (My Desktop Screen)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what causes this? (My Desktop Screen): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Clumsy3D [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f67enm/anyone_know_what_causes_this_my_desktop_screen/