Windows 10: Anyone Know what these Green ticks are?

Discus and support Anyone Know what these Green ticks are? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone Know what these Green ticks are? It's not the first time I've seen them they stay for hours and then go away eventually. Thank you in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hollyoaks777, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Anyone Know what these Green ticks are?

Anyone Know what these Green ticks are? It's not the first time I've seen them they stay for hours and then go away eventually. Thank you in advance.

Anyone Know what these Green ticks are? [​IMG]

:)

hollyoaks777, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Does anyone know what the purpose of any of these systems apps actually is?

These apps are windows 10 provisioned applications, or are part of Windows system components that helps your PC safe. It is not advisable to remove these applications since it may result to unwanted behavior and system instability. If you are using the Windows
    10 Home, uninstalling or disabling these applications or services are not an option. However, if you are using Windows 10 Pro, or any other Windows 10 edition that can be acquired via volume licenses, we suggest that you post your concern on the

TechNet forum
    since the subject of uninstalling, and disabling apps or services on these editions of Windows 10 are beyond the scope of this forum. They can provide further assistance on your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jan 2, 2017
  3. Does anyone know what the purpose of any of these systems apps actually is?

These are mostly applications installed by the creator update. Unfortunately no one seems to know what any of them do, or if they are system critical.

For the sake of clarity, I do not use any apps on this computer, personally I find the app model to be clunky and has inherent stability and backwards compatibility problems. Essentially the OS is telling us that we have been doing everything wrong by setting
    up a stable computer and running it as it is instead of updating everything all the time, if we want to avoid losing data we should use the cloud, for a small fee.

The big problem is that I have software being installed on my computer against my will that I have no idea what it is, what it does, or if it is safe in a corporate environment. Of course I have no choice about what is being installed, because it is all
    part of Windows Update!

There is already a large list of apps that I have removed by simply moving them out of the SystemApps folder.

This includes:

InsiderHub

CortanaListenUIApp

EnvironmentsApp

holocamera

holoinemplayerapp

Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge

Microsoft.PPLProjection

Microsoft.Windows.Coratana

Microsoft.Windows.HolographicFirstRun

ContactSupport

Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI

Microsoft.Windows.SecondaryTileExperience

The problem I am having is that there is this list off applications with no removal option, that I have no information as to what purpose they serve, or if they are even safe for use on this system.

Ye Old Great One, Jan 2, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Anyone Know what these Green ticks are?

Do you use Norton 360? Norton -> Settings -> Backup Settings -> Backup Status Overlays -> OFF -> Apply. After you run your next backup (you can do it manually) the check marks will disappear.

SOURCE: Green check marks on desktop icons - Microsoft Community

Also, right click on a blank place on the desktop and Refresh, that will clear them.

NavyLCDR, Jan 2, 2017
  5. Hi there. No had it since new and I always steer well clear of Norton. As I understand it. Norton is a pain in the neck to uninstall. Of the little computer knowledge I have.

I had Avast premier installed. But I uninstalled it a while ago. And I am now using Windows Defender. Which found 2 trojans a boot time scan with Avast couldn't.

Beginning to think security software is a con! But thanks anyway.

hollyoaks777, Jan 2, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes it is, and does right clicking on the desktop and selecting Refresh make the green checkmarks go away?

Onedrive integration:
    Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

NavyLCDR, Jan 2, 2017
  7. Yip you did it. Thanks very much for your help. Navy

hollyoaks777, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Anyone Know what these Green ticks are?

1. Anyone Know what these Green ticks are? - Similar Threads - Anyone Green ticks

2. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone know what this is?: Theres a folder called Backup in appdata/local. It has a single text file in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-what-this-is/879d9493-83bc-42ee-a30f-a75de62f005a
  3. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyone know what this is?: Theres a folder called Backup in appdata/local. It has a single text file in it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anyone-know-what-this-is/879d9493-83bc-42ee-a30f-a75de62f005a
  4. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] After installing windows I noticed this window border there, I am unable to interact with it nor am I able to figure out what this is and how to fix it submitted by /u/hotspitta312 [link] [comments]...
  5. Anyone knows what this is?

Anyone knows what this is?: do anyone knows what this "program" means? literally bought this notebook 3 days ago, and this is something i dont have any idea what it is. submitted by /u/Imtiredpleaseshtup [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzqvij/anyone_knows_what_this_is/
  6. Anyone knows what is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone knows what is it?: Windows Version number 19041.685 Does anyone knows what is it showing on the picture. It keeps happening when I'm playing game. I play FPS, it might be the tab, cap locks, shift keys of some kind of combination. When it happens whenever key I press, it will force the game to...
  7. anyone know what the deal with this is?

anyone know what the deal with this is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThatOneBuilderGuy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h94gjg/anyone_know_what_the_deal_with_this_is/
  8. Anyone know what this is?

Anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/enyj9s/anyone_know_what_this_is/
  9. Anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what this is?: Anyone recognize this message or know how to stop it? With all the viruses and malware going around, you would think AMD would have something more official looking than this??? [img] 136532
  10. Green tick symbol on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Green tick symbol on desktop icons: Hi I have annoying green ticks on SOME of my desktop icons (see example below). Is there a way to get rid of these please? 128510