Windows 10: Anyone knowing a CLONE program that works on Win 10 X64

Discus and support Anyone knowing a CLONE program that works on Win 10 X64 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi guys, does this already exists for the new Windows Technical Preview? thanks Jeff 2564 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jeffrys, Oct 21, 2014.

1. jeffrys Win User

Anyone knowing a CLONE program that works on Win 10 X64

hi guys,

does this already exists for the new Windows Technical Preview?

thanks

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Oct 21, 2014
  2. Ill Gates Win User

Is there a good step by step for replacing a C drive?

I know updating to a new C drive is covered a lot here, but I've yet to see a step by step guide as to how to do it. I know I'd be getting s program like Macrium, cloning the old drive and then installing the new one, but does anyone know of a step by step
    that has been proven to work. I'm on Win 10 going from a 120gb C drive to a Samsung EVO 500 GB SSD.

Please let me know ...thanks

Ill Gates, Oct 21, 2014
  3. Windows 10 - BAD_POOL_HEADER & Stuck when installing

Hello there,

I have recently updated my Win 7 x64 Home edition to Win 10 x64 Home edition, right after the install I could logon and use my computer. I started to install my programs and such, and my computer then needed to reboot. After the reboot, when I am about to
    logon, a BSOD appears, it says "For more information, search: BAD_POOL_HEADER" and I have searched and followed all the guides I could find in here, but nothing have worked yet... I have also tried to reinstall windows from my USB, that worked until I rebooted
    again. And now I cannot install Win 10 from USB anymore...

So do anyone know how to solve any of these problems?

Also, do anyone know how to contact the support team directly over email or chat??

Thyge S. Steffensen, Oct 21, 2014
  4. Anyone knowing a CLONE program that works on Win 10 X64

IF you mean cloning a drive, then use Macrium Reflect. I recently installed the FREE version on Win10TP (because I have the licensed version still on Win8.1), and it works fine. I checked the MR forums and they claim that the current version works fine with Win10 TP.

Mark Phelps, Oct 21, 2014
  5. jeffrys Win User
    ok Mark,

I will use that then. Am Planning to change the drives I use with a PCI-E SSD and hate to reinstall everything again.

thanks

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 22, 2014
  6. Jeff: Just understand that "cloning" means the target "drive" has to be as big as, or larger than, the source "drive". This means you can NOT clone a 500GB hard drive to a 240GB SSD; instead, you have to shrink down the partition(s) on the source drive to be small enough to copy to the target drive, in order to do the cloning.

Mark Phelps, Oct 23, 2014
  7. jeffrys Win User
    Yes Mark,

but the new drive will be bigger.

Thanks

jeff

jeffrys, Oct 23, 2014
  8. KenG Win User

Hi Mark,

I have done exactly that when I swapped out the 500GB hard drive for a 240GB SSD on my Win7 system. I used Acronis True Home. I don't know if Acronis works on Win10 TP.

...ken...

KenG, Nov 1, 2014
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    That should read - at least for Macrium:" The target drive has to be big enough to store the data of the source drive". The size of the actual source partition(s) is irrelevant.

10. KenG Win User
    Yes. Any good cloning software will resize the source partition to fit the target as long as there is sufficient space.

...ken...

Thema:

1. Anyone knowing a CLONE program that works on Win 10 X64 - Similar Threads - Anyone knowing CLONE

2. Does anyone know of a software program like the old Microsoft Money that will work on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know of a software program like the old Microsoft Money that will work on...: Does anyone know of a software program like the old Microsoft Money that will work on Windows 11? I am so sorry the Microsoft Money is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-of-a-software-program-like-the/4a74ce63-5cf6-472f-abbc-998a29d13c30
  3. Does anyone know of a software program like the old Microsoft Money that will work on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know of a software program like the old Microsoft Money that will work on...: Does anyone know of a software program like the old Microsoft Money that will work on Windows 11? I am so sorry the Microsoft Money is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-anyone-know-of-a-software-program-like-the/4a74ce63-5cf6-472f-abbc-998a29d13c30
  4. for anyone that knows

for anyone that knows: can someone send a link please im trying to make a virtual machine and need a iso file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-anyone-that-knows/0d5058be-af68-40b1-a05e-2d5a64147521
  5. for anyone that knows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    for anyone that knows: can someone send a link please im trying to make a virtual machine and need a iso file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-anyone-that-knows/0d5058be-af68-40b1-a05e-2d5a64147521
  6. Anyone Know of a Folder Tree Program?

Anyone Know of a Folder Tree Program?: I'm looking for software that displays the folder tree of a specific folder in Windows. Something like the Folder Pane in File Explorer but just slightly different. Linux seems to have software similar to what I want.**Customization.** I personally want to display the folder...
  7. Anyone know this program icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know this program icon?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thesilentGinlasagna [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1sbnq/anyone_know_this_program_icon/
  8. win 10 x64

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 x64: i have upgraded win 8.1 to win 10 and after upgrade i found out that i have this now a 32 bit operating system 64 based processor thank you Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-x64/20acbf93-d97c-4ec9-8753-67cb6c343fcc
  9. Cloning HDD and Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning HDD and Win 10: I believe I asked this before, but memory fails. I currently run 1Tb drives on my Core I7 system, and my new MB is capable of the 6Gb/S sata, but I wont get that with my current drives. Looking today, I see the WD Blue 6Gb/S sata drives are now down to around $45, I...
  10. Cloning WIN 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning WIN 10 Pro: I have to install WIN 10 Pro on 20 new and identical systems. I created a master drive with WIN 10 Pro installed. How do I clone this master drive to the rest of the 20 identical systems? Or what software would you recommend for cloning? On WIN 7 Pro, I used Acronis or...