Windows 10: Anyone knows good MS-DOS 7.1 games?

Discus and support Anyone knows good MS-DOS 7.1 games? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I found my old PC with MS-DOS, anyone knows some cool games? Thanks. 3099 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by algiuxas, Nov 28, 2014.

1. algiuxas Win User

Anyone knows good MS-DOS 7.1 games?

I found my old PC with MS-DOS, anyone knows some cool games?
    Thanks.

:)

algiuxas, Nov 28, 2014
  2. Entegy Win User

Anyone know of a good media player?

A media player for the phone? Needs that basic are served by the built-in player.

Entegy, Nov 28, 2014
  3. Regineaux Win User
    Anyone know of a good media player?

Thanks! I'll try that...

Regineaux, Nov 28, 2014
  4. swarfega Win User

Search Google for "free MS-DOS" games or similar. The most famous DOS game was Wolfenstein 3D but I think thats still copyrighted to iD.

swarfega, Nov 28, 2014
  5. CountMike New Member
    Castle Wallenstein was made free few years ago and so was first Doom.

CountMike, Nov 28, 2014
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    I actually have a game from 94 called Full Throttle (LucasArts Entertainment), a biker game. It's DOS & now I feel even older then I am....*Roflmao2. But it was actually as good game with decent animation.

Borg 386, Nov 28, 2014
  7. swarfega Win User
    Castle Wallenstein was made free few years ago and so was first Doom. Wasn't aware of this, thats good to hear!

swarfega, Nov 28, 2014
  8. Anyone knows good MS-DOS 7.1 games?

Acid Tetris
    Apocalypse Abyss
    Betrayal at Krondor
    Commander Keens
    Cyberia
    Dune II
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
    MDK
    One Must Fall 2097
    Seek & Destroy
    Sim City 2000
    Raptor: Call of the Shadows
    The Dig
    Tyrian
    Willy Beamish
    Zone 66
    Winter (scrolling demo, by Yiffware)

Those are some.

Delicieuxz, Jan 25, 2015
  9. Winuser Win User
    I still have my copy of Full Throttle stored away in my shed. Right next to Sam And Max Hit the Road and Monkey Island.

Winuser, Jan 25, 2015
  10. Joe OpZ Win User
    I really like Hoyle Volume 1 DOS card games on W10 32 bit.
    Joe

Joe OpZ, Jul 14, 2015
  11. Berton Win User
    Just a note, MS-DOS 6.22 was the last, after that Windows 95 and DOS began the merging of the Disk Operating System and the GUI/Graphical User Interface. I never saw MS-DOS 7.x as an installable OS but a bootable floppy could be made while running Win95 through WinME. I created a WinME boot floppy then used a small program to create a bootable CD from that floppy disk, used it a couple of times several years ago for clients when their floppy drive had died. The biggest issue I have with DOS is no support for 64-bit computers which is also an issue running old games on mew computers.

Berton, Jul 14, 2015
  12. Joe OpZ Win User
    I run an automotive business and have been using a DOS program for the last 27 years, when I had to upgrade to Windows 7, the 32 bit version was my only option unless I used DOSbox (which I tried) on my other 64 bit machine but you could not print invoices. So currently I'm still using W7 32 bit, but most of my DOS programs & games still work with Windows 10 32 bit Technical Preview. But still not sure if I will upgrade my shop computer on July 29th. Must do extensive testing first.

Joe OpZ, Jul 14, 2015
  13. popeye Win User

I've run quite a few of the old DOS games using DosBox. One trick I think many people miss is to mount the ISO, CD in DosBox then run the installer to a C folder mounted as the C drive. Once installed and configured then back out, unmount the ISO/CD then run whatever the executable is to start the game from the auto line in the DosBox config file.

popeye, Jul 14, 2015
  14. Delicieuxz, Jul 18, 2015
  15. swarfega Win User
    Both 95 and 98 still relied heavily on DOS. It wasn't until Windows NT that DOS was finally ditched in some meaningful way.

swarfega, Jul 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyone knows good MS-DOS 7.1 games? - Similar Threads - Anyone knows DOS

2. MS Dos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Dos: Now available MS Dos in windows 10 64 bit OS:Yes or No?See screenshoot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/5c0232d2-d909-4a12-9db5-f74b0c38e274
  3. MS Dos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Dos: Now available MS Dos in windows 10 64 bit OS:Yes or No?See screenshoot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/5c0232d2-d909-4a12-9db5-f74b0c38e274
  4. MS Dos

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Ms-DOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ms-DOS: Using MS-DOS I want to create a list of the files on Drive D on my Windows 10 PC. I know how to do this for Drive C but when I added D: it would not accept. Can you please tell me the correct typing for the path. Thank you...
  6. invincible ms dos

in Windows 10 Customization
    invincible ms dos: I use a program running in a DOS window. As long as it ran under Windows 7, the right mouse button worked as Esc and the left mouse button as Enter in this dos-window. In the current version of Windows10 32bit it no longer works - is it possible to set it up? Thank you....
  7. What are good DOS games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are good DOS games?: I need recommendation of good DOS games. What are some good DOS games? 152654
  8. MS-Dos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS-Dos: How do you download MS-Dos.iso? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/8fdefe74-ac15-4358-83b3-f8135c5fa4e2
  9. Does anyone know a good alternative to MS Money Plus for WIn10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know a good alternative to MS Money Plus for WIn10?: I just upgraded from WIn7 to Win10. The upgrade went very well. However, there is one issue I am concerned about. Microsoft Money Plus Sunset edition is no longer working :-( Others have posted fixes to include a registry hack. I really don't want to go that route. But I do...
  10. Invalid MS-DOS

in Windows 10 Support
    Invalid MS-DOS: Ive just done an update, and i can no longer delete anything or move anything on my desktop. So if i wanted to tidy up my desktop and put shortcuts into a folder i can no longer do this. I can no longer delete anything either. The message that comes up is invalid MS-DOS...