Windows 10: Anyone seen seen mistakes in Edge's spell checker?

Discus and support Anyone seen seen mistakes in Edge's spell checker? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've noticed two words, there may be more, that Edge's spell check say are misspelled even when they are correct. Carter and China are two words when... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Looey, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Looey Win User

Anyone seen seen mistakes in Edge's spell checker?

I've noticed two words, there may be more, that Edge's spell check say are misspelled even when they are correct. Carter and China are two words when used with a capital C that give me a spelling check error. Is anyone else experiencing that? In fact they show up as errors on this comment. Very funny.

:)

Looey, Jun 30, 2015

2. Spell check not working in IE 11, with Windows 10. Typing Settings enabled. Works in Chrome

My spell check doesn't work in Internet Explorer 11, with Windows 10. I have enabled the Typing settings 'Highlight Misspelled Words', and it works in Chrome and Edge. Has anyone seen this?

MatthewRetford, Jun 30, 2015
  3. Disappearing Keyboard, It is a known issue with Mango,

It's my impression that the problem happens when there is a spelling mistake in the text (red wavey line under a word). I've only seen it in these cases.

9a65224c-6c45-4a6c-9fb4-8a7b8e3b66ec, Jun 30, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

+1 It needs some work.. it marked John as incorrect.

BunnyJ, Jun 30, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    Can you add words to Edge's spell check?

Winuser, Jul 1, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Yup.. you can do that easily just like in Firefox or Chrome.

BunnyJ, Jul 1, 2015
  7. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Jul 1, 2015
  8. Anyone seen seen mistakes in Edge's spell checker?

Yes it is global.

I fed MS this a few times (10.0.158 & 10.0.159).

Grins an giggle time: try spell checking Are Windows Explorer Internet at least they got Microsoft correct *Tongue

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyone seen seen mistakes in Edge's spell checker? - Similar Threads - Anyone mistakes Edge's

2. Mbam Pop-Up....Anyone Seen This Before?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mbam Pop-Up....Anyone Seen This Before?: I woke up my machine and a second later was greeted with this in the lower right corner: [img] Hovering over the links didn't show the links in the lower left corner and I sure wasn't going to click on them, the only way I got rid of it was to do a re-start. This is in...
  3. Visual Bug - Has anyone seen this before?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Visual Bug - Has anyone seen this before?: Randomly this happens when opening a new window. It's always happened after I upgraded to Windows 10 years ago. If anyone could tell me the cause and possibly a fix it would be awesome. I also have the latest Nvidia drivers and windows updates. Example Pic...
  4. Spell Checker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spell Checker: I have lost Spellchecker on my Windows 10, can you suggest how to get it back please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-checker/edf91932-0b16-4493-8704-099a6b04c99b
  5. Spell Checker problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Checker problems: as I type I get spelling correction on words that are not incorrectly spelled. Such as the word "Does" it shows as incorrect with a recommendation of ooes. This does not matter in word or internet or any other program I use....
  6. Spell checker

in Browsers and Email
    Spell checker: With Internet Explorer I have IE spell. And I Knead a spale checker reel baad. Is there one I can use with 10? Eye hope ewe kan help me. 7187
  7. spell checker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    spell checker: windows 10 Microsoft Edge corrects all words in Facebook messages. All this happened when Microsoft update original Windows 10 that I installed months ago. 34573
  8. Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone seen threshold 2 yet?: I have had a cumulative update but winver build has stayed at 10240 was that it or not? 29369
  9. hdd not seen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hdd not seen: I am trying to load win 10 but when I get to the screen "where do you want to install windows" the message "we couldn't find any drives........." and only the "refresh and load driver" buttons are enabled. The load driver button points in the direction of the installation...
  10. Does the Windows 10 spell checker work for anyone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does the Windows 10 spell checker work for anyone?: Relatively new user of Windows 10 (about a month). Before that, I was exclusively mac. I have all the settings turned on under the typing section of the settings app. However, there seems to be no checking of spelling at all. Is this just me, or is the spell checking...