Windows 10: Anyone used winreducer wim converter?

Discus and support Anyone used winreducer wim converter? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone used winreducer wim converter? 5061 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by groze, Mar 30, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Anyone used winreducer wim converter?

:)

groze, Mar 30, 2015
  2. SS-Steve Win User

Windows 10 DISM

Don,

You're welcome. I am downloading the 14946 build now. FYI: The Winreducer program was just a means to an end. My main surprise was that the WIM file appears to work with DISM, while the ESD file did not.

Good luck! I'll still follow this thread.

Steve

SS-Steve, Mar 30, 2015
  3. FM_1109 Win User
    Using Project Centennial to convert .exe into .appx

Hello

I'm trying to convert the test.exe file into test.appx using Project Centennial. I type in Powershell as admin
    : PS C:\> .\DesktopAppConverter.ps1 -Setup -BaseImage .\BaseImage-14393.wim

I'm having this error 'DesktopAppConverter : error 'E_INVALID_BASEIMG': '.\BaseImage-14393.wim' is not a valid base image. Please supply a
    valid .wim file' since in the first steps during expanding the BaseImage-14393.wim, my windows 10 version is 1607 (OS Build 14393.82). Can anyone help me with this? or with any other method how i can convert .exe apps into appx ?

Thanks in advance.
    Anyone used winreducer wim converter? [​IMG]

FM_1109, Mar 30, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Haven't had a chance to try it out.. seems like a good tool.

BunnyJ, Mar 30, 2015
  5. Superfly Win User
    Yes, I had a look at the source code - it's process driven - basically a wrapper for the various DISM commands.

Superfly, Mar 30, 2015
  6. groze Win User
    I have tried the tool it keeps crashing for the 64 bit. Don't know about the 32 bit yet.

groze, Mar 30, 2015
  7. Superfly Win User
    I wouldn't bother with it - technically it's inefficiently coded (.Net with redundant C++ calls, exceptionally high resource usage etc) - also it uses the old method of mounting the image before servicing - whereas the latest DISM can service compressed files...
    - none of these occur with the ESD decrypter script in Kari's tut.

(P.S. Not sure why the VIP activation - the code is not obfuscated...)

Superfly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyone used winreducer wim converter? - Similar Threads - Anyone used winreducer

2. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data WIM using DISM: Dear Support Team,Can anyone guide me how to add Data Wim in Answer file using Windows System Image Manager Windows 10 with real life example. I was able to create Data Wim using DISM but got stuck at further steps....
  3. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data WIM using DISM: Dear Support Team,Can anyone guide me how to add Data Wim in Answer file using Windows System Image Manager Windows 10 with real life example. I was able to create Data Wim using DISM but got stuck at further steps....
  4. Data WIM using DISM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. capture WIM image of KVM W10 VM for convert to physical (V2P)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    capture WIM image of KVM W10 VM for convert to physical (V2P): Hi folks @Hopachi one for you as well to try out !!! I've got a great running W10 KVM virtual machine running with all the software working etc -- so I would like to capture the WIM image via DISM. Also I'd like all the software etc on a Windows ISO so I don't have to...
  6. Create Wim image of a running system anyone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Wim image of a running system anyone: Hi folks Does anybody know how to make a WIM image of a running system -- the reason I'd like this is that I use a Win to Go on an external SSD at times - often want Windows in totally different languages also with a load of applications in different languages -- not always...
  7. Error during convert from ESD to WIM image MSMG Toolkit 9.1

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Error during convert from ESD to WIM image MSMG Toolkit 9.1: Hi ! I'm using MSMG Toolkit 9.1 (All operations I'm doing on Windows 10_64bit_build 1809 having administrator rights ) When I want to convert ESD to WIM (install.esd to install.wim) windows_10.iso , I'm receiving next message 'D:\MSMG' is not recognized as an internal or...
  8. Stuck on converting ESD to WIM File using a script tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on converting ESD to WIM File using a script tool: Hi, I'm facing difficulty while trying to convert .ESD to .WIM File I'm using a script that belongs to below source: How to convert install.esd to install.wim Mark The Tech DISM giving me the following error when reaching at 84%> error 605 the specified buffer...
  9. convert wim file to vdh

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    convert wim file to vdh: I have several custom wim files each containing bootable windows 7 images plus applications how do I convert these to a format to run as virtual PC's in VMware or Virtual box. There are many solutions out there (notably using a convert-windowsimage .ps1 in powershell) but...
  10. Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10: How to: Convert ESD file to WIM using DISM in Windows 10 [img] Information Servicing an offline image, mounting an image, committing changes, it all sounds a bit complicated to an average Windows user. However, it's just geek speak meaning modifying default Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win converter win reducer

2. winreducer windows 10