Windows 10: Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"?

Discus and support Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"? What are the Pros and Cons? EDIT: Build 10240. On the Updates options. 8548 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fjk61011, Jul 18, 2015.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"?

What are the Pros and Cons?

EDIT: Build 10240. On the Updates options.

:)

fjk61011, Jul 18, 2015
  2. Tom_EC Win User

Updates from more than one place (local network) not working

I just checked Disk Cleanup on my front comp and there's only about 3MB in "Delivery Optimization Files". I haven't run Disk Cleanup on that machine in a long time. But I do run CCleaner v5.12 on every bootup to cleanup temp files and junk. But there's no
    section in CCleaner about cleaning the DOF location. I checked the temp file's location and it only has the 2 standard temp directories. I wonder where those files are actually stored, and why my system that runs everyday only has 3MB.

EDIT: I did find "\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DeliveryOptimization". It's empty. The modified date of the folder was yesterday morning at the time I turned on the computer.

Tom_EC, Jul 18, 2015
  3. SteveMat Win User
    Updates from more than one place (local network) not working

Noticed once when I ran Disk Cleanup, that "Delivery Optimization Files" showed ~900MB's. This was ~2 weeks ago, for some reason I kept it "checked" and removed the files so now it is down to ~3MB's.

Given it is patch Tuesday, might see if I can catch it working this week....

SteveMat, Jul 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyone using "Updates from more than one place"? - Similar Threads - Anyone using Updates

2. I want to use more than one camera simultaneously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to use more than one camera simultaneously: I want to use 4 usb cameras for live streaming, but Windows will only allow through the camera feed I last clicked on in Camera settings, how do I get all 4 cameras to be available at the same time?Win 11all MS Lifestyle webcams...
  3. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  4. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  5. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  7. One license for more than one versions.

One license for more than one versions.: I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got...
  8. Updates showing as installed more than one time

Updates showing as installed more than one time: This is probably nothing but have had problems with updates in the past and am more aware when something seems odd. When checking latest installed updates, I see KB4483234 being installed successfully two times on 21 December. Is that just a glitch in the reporting or...
  9. Does "Updates from more than one place" work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Does "Updates from more than one place" work?: Has anyone ever done a bandwidth analysis or comparison that demonstrated that a group of computers updated by sharing update packages instead of downloading complete packages for each computer? Is there any known command to tell a computer to look for updates on another...
  10. How to use internet from more than one smart phone in PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to use internet from more than one smart phone in PC: I have two smart phones. I want to connect these two to a pc using USB tethering and combine the internet from two phones to use in the pc. I tried bridging in device adapter settings in network settings in Windows 7 and 10. It is showing successful bridge formation. But the...