Windows 10: Anyone with experience in cloud backup?

Discus and support Anyone with experience in cloud backup? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Which is the best cloud service where I can host gigabytes of data? The service should offer high security because, I need to backup my business... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Emmanuel Henry, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Anyone with experience in cloud backup?

Which is the best cloud service where I can host gigabytes of data? The service should offer high security because, I need to backup my business database and related stuffs. I have tried Google drive but not satisfied with it. One of my friend is using Cloud Backup Disaster Recovery | Stage2Data for personal storage. He told me that they have business plans too. Any advice?

:)

Emmanuel Henry, Jul 26, 2015

2. Experience with "Erudite" kindle cloud reader on 808

Been using Mike Sheldon's Erudite Book Reeader upon my MeeGo N9 for quite a while, but Store feedback for recent Symbian version addition not so good unfortunately.

scoobyman---01, Jul 26, 2015
  3. Experience with "Erudite" kindle cloud reader on 808

I thought I would share my experiences with this app - which unfortunately ended in a brick wall.

I paid my two bucks despite the mixed reviews, because it seemed to show promise. At first my experience was very good, and I thought the crash problems must have been solved with a new release. All other problems were minor - next to largest size text
    and smallest margins was a good balance between legibility (with reading glasses) and a reasonable amount of text per screen, occasionally I had to start it twice, and once it unexpectedly logged me out of Amazon, that was it. And I was giving it an acid test
    - "Das Kapital" - dense enough to crash any unworthy ereader! I was even adding annotations and they were automatically uploading to the cloud!

Then it died, dead as a doornail.

First it froze in the middle of writing an annotation, then it was restarting into a black screen. I thought I must finally have pushed it too far, and that it was choking trying to reload Marx each time, and I took progressively more agressive measures
    to make sure it was not trying to reload the same text. Finally, I uninstalled Erudite, I deregistered it from my kindle account (shows up as "cloud reader"), I
    started kindle cloud reader on a PC and opened a different book, then closed it, and finally reinstalled on the phone. No good - every time I reinstalled on the phone I got as far as resubmitting my Amazon credentials, and the program crashed
    into a kind of zombie state which wouldn't close without the intervention of a task manager.

Of course I first thought that "Das Kapital" had finally choked the app, but I'm not so sure now. I don't see why or how it could be trying to reload that file after the steps I took. I'm beginning to think Amazon intentionally took steps to disable Erudite.
    If you look at the kindle cloud reader interface on another device, you will see that this app is really kind of a browser fragment pointed at the kindle cloud reader, which
    fools Amazon into thinking it is one of the browsers they support - the interface all comes from the standard cloud reader browser interface.

Why would Amazon care? I don't know. Maybe with Symbian's widespread distribution to dodgy countries with a weak rule of law (very un-PC of me), Amazon thinks of the OS as the Somalia waters of International Intellectual Property Piracy (IIPP)! If people
    using Symbian were able to read their kindle books - my God! - it would be like giving away the copyright on them altogether! (As if people who want to pirate copyrighted books couldn't find other avenues).

After this bright ray of hope, to be able to use the phone which does so well as a camera, a phone, a navigator and a music player
    as an ereader, to have my hopes suddenly dashed by death under suspicious circumstances? Right now I'm PO'd at Amazon, Nokia, Symbian (is it sick to be angry with an OS?), in about that order.

Just wonder if anybody shares my view that there is some kind of arms race going on here - like the one between Google and the crew that write You Tube downloaders, or, just possibly, if anybody has found a way to resurrect this app?

EdwardG---01, Jul 26, 2015
  4. owensdj Win User

Anyone with experience in cloud backup?

When I looked at all of the cloud backup services I felt like Mozy Pro was the best for serious use.

owensdj, Jul 26, 2015
  5. cyberSAR Win User
    cyberSAR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Anyone with experience in cloud backup?

1. Anyone with experience in cloud backup? - Similar Threads - Anyone experience cloud

2. is anyone having a problem signing into Cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is anyone having a problem signing into Cloud?: I tried to sign into cloud, but it is telling me there is a problem, but doesn't say why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anyone-having-a-problem-signing-into-cloud/acfc2469-f66b-4b03-800a-386705682c11
  3. is anyone having a problem signing into Cloud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is anyone having a problem signing into Cloud?: I tried to sign into cloud, but it is telling me there is a problem, but doesn't say why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anyone-having-a-problem-signing-into-cloud/acfc2469-f66b-4b03-800a-386705682c11
  4. is anyone having a problem signing into Cloud?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup: Hello Team,I hope you are doing well, I have a question regarding DC backup, we have implemented a veeam backup solution, and we have been asked to backup 2 DCs Primary and secondary but after googling a lot of people say that creating a backup for DCs is kind of a bad idea,...
  6. Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a domain controller in the cloud as a backup: Hello Team,I hope you are doing well, I have a question regarding DC backup, we have implemented a veeam backup solution, and we have been asked to backup 2 DCs Primary and secondary but after googling a lot of people say that creating a backup for DCs is kind of a bad idea,...
  7. Anyone else experience these bugs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else experience these bugs?: I get three frequent bugs with Windows 10. -Certain windows lag when I close them. The taskbar lags sometimes when it hides/unhides. -Sometimes a window will overlap the taskbar when maximized. I have to press the windows key to get it to show up again. -Taskbar icons will...
  8. Which cloud backup if any?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Which cloud backup if any?: Windows 10 1909 (build 18363.836) Hello folks. So I have a few external hard drives and regularly do file back ups and the occasional system image. More file backups. Just clean installed 1909 and set everything up and every time I do a clean install and faff about with...
  9. Slightly OT: Cloud Backup Services

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Slightly OT: Cloud Backup Services: Hi all, I am looking for a replacement for my CrashPlan Unlimited subscription since they are ceasing consumer backup services. I need to back up 4 PCs. So far, it seems that BackBlaze is the best or similarly priced option. Any one else have one picked out? I...
  10. Anyone any experience with Shoebox ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone any experience with Shoebox ?: Hi I'm trying to store a lot of photos into Shoebox which I've heard good reports about but whilst easy to understand and follow, it's ridiculously slow so wondered if I'm doing something wrong ? Thanks for any help... 89489