Windows 10: Anything I download not able to install it because it requires admin user and password,...

Discus and support Anything I download not able to install it because it requires admin user and password,... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have tried to add local user but when I am checking with -netstat user command in CMD it shows only guest user not administrator.And whenever trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amitt jk, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Amitt jk Win User

Anything I download not able to install it because it requires admin user and password,...

I have tried to add local user but when I am checking with -netstat user command in CMD it shows only guest user not administrator.And whenever trying to install it asks for administrator permission and yes option not visible.

:)

Amitt jk, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Forgot admin password

Hi,

Thank you for posing your response.

As you are in a state were your account is completely inaccessible, I suggest that you try to access in build admin account and check if you are able to access the desktop.

To access the in built administrator account follow the steps below

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• As you are stuck min Safe Mode, in the sign-in
      screen, press and hold shift key and click on the
      power icon.
      Here click on Restart and then Restart now.
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: From Built-in Administrator account give Administrator rights to your user account:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Control Panel.
    • Click on User account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on your user account.
    • Click on reset the password.
    • Restart the computer and check if you are able to login.

Note: Once done exist the build in admin account by typing the command
    net user administrator /active:no

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 11, 2024
  4. freeboy Win User

Anything I download not able to install it because it requires admin user and password,...

admin password?

my repair windows install keeps failing due to "what is admin password" ?
    How do I either find it? It is my computer and Ia am the admin or change it? this is for disk D and It is booting from c...

freeboy, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

1. Anything I download not able to install it because it requires admin user and password,... - Similar Threads - Anything download able

2. Anything I download not able to install it because it requires admin user and password,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anything I download not able to install it because it requires admin user and password,...: I have tried to add local user but when I am checking with -netstat user command in CMD it shows only guest user not administrator.And whenever trying to install it asks for administrator permission and yes option not visible....
  3. Anything I download not able to install it because it requires admin user and password,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anything I download not able to install it because it requires admin user and password,...: I have tried to add local user but when I am checking with -netstat user command in CMD it shows only guest user not administrator.And whenever trying to install it asks for administrator permission and yes option not visible....
  4. Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password: Hi, How can I remove the option of giving my non-admin account password when requiring admin elevation? I recently got a new computer Win11, I have my account set up as a non-admin account with a seperate admin account. However when I am on my non-admin account and I need to...
  5. Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove option for non-admin user password when requiring admin password: Hi, How can I remove the option of giving my non-admin account password when requiring admin elevation? I recently got a new computer Win11, I have my account set up as a non-admin account with a seperate admin account. However when I am on my non-admin account and I need to...
  6. require an admin password for a user trying to access "Properties"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    require an admin password for a user trying to access "Properties": <moved from Microsoft Word>Hello. I am trying to require the admin password for the "properties" tab that is highlighted, but I am not sure how to do that. I noticed the blue and yellow shield, but I could not enforce the admin password for these properties, because when I...
  7. Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin user rights requires fingerprint; password not an option: I am admin. In Admin account, Windows Security App & Browser Control is enabled. In a User Account, it is not. When I try to activate it, a window pops up asking for Admin privileges and I am asked for fingerprint. Fingerprint doesn't work. Doesn't work to login to Admin...
  8. Can't run anything that requires admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't run anything that requires admin: I can't run anything that requires admin. When I try to it doesn't do anything [ATTACH] Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-run-anything-that-requires-admin/2e5a6270-5fc0-4657-ae99-f57e1b9d4095
  9. Admin password required for sign-in password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin password required for sign-in password.: Hey. Is there a way I can make windows to ask for my admin password to confirm when changing the sign-in password for windows? Just curious. 119339
  10. Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Require Admin Password or Fingerprint to Install Programs?: Hey all, I was wondering if there was a way to require an Admin password or fingerprint (using the sensor on my PC) when installing an application, even when I am already an admin on the PC. I would like to do this just as another layer of security. As you know, on windows...