Windows 10: Anything in Windows 10 like the very old Photoed.exe?

Discus and support Anything in Windows 10 like the very old Photoed.exe? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My confession: I've been using Photoed ever since Windows 98, I think (my original exe file is dated 2000). I've copied the exe file to succeeding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gogreen, Jul 11, 2015.

1. gogreen Win User

Anything in Windows 10 like the very old Photoed.exe?

My confession: I've been using Photoed ever since Windows 98, I think (my original exe file is dated 2000). I've copied the exe file to succeeding updates of Windows and placed it on my desktop, and I still use it with Windows 7. I do occasionally use GIMP, too, but Photoed is just convenient for my uses. Does anything in Windows 10 come close to the ease and convenience of Photoed?

Thanks.

:)

gogreen, Jul 11, 2015

2. WINDOWS 10 DOWNLOADED. BLUE OUTLINE BOX LINE NOW ON MACHINE ON ANYYTHING. IT'S PURPOSE? GOOD/BAD?

I have the exact same problem. It seems like Windows 10 sometimes has trouble switching to a new active window or active field. When you switch to a new one, the blue box appears where the old window/field used to be. VERY ANNOYING!!!! I just upgraded to
    Windows 10 from Windows 7 today, have not downloaded any new software or anything like that.

GaelicSpawn, Jul 11, 2015
  3. WINDOWS 10 DOWNLOADED. BLUE OUTLINE BOX LINE NOW ON MACHINE ON ANYYTHING. IT'S PURPOSE? GOOD/BAD?

I have the exact same problem. It seems like Windows 10 sometimes has trouble switching to a new active window or active field. When you switch to a new one, the blue box appears where the old window/field
    used to be. VERY ANNOYING!!!! I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 today, have not downloaded any new software or anything like that.

GaelicSpawn, Jul 11, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Photoed was part of office 2000 if I recall correctly.

Regardless, I've never really used it... so it's impossible for us to say when we have nothing to compare it to.

There are any number of free, and easy to use image editing tools. For instance, Photoshop Express is free, and easily installable from the store. There are literally hundreds of free, simple photo editing tools available.

You can see a review of the web-based version here:

Photoshop Express - YouTube

Depending on what you want to do, a different app might work better... like Paint.net Get Paint.NET

Mystere, Jul 11, 2015
  5. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Yeah, I was going to say paint.net. Should be no learning curve coming from photoed and there are lots of free plugins if it doesn't do something you want out of the box.

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html

6. swarfega Win User
    Another vote for Paint.net here.

swarfega, Jul 11, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    IrfanView is the best small image editor around as far as I'm concerned.

Been using it since early XP and still works great on 10.

Ztruker, Jul 11, 2015
  8. gogreen Win User

Thanks, all, for the suggestions!

gogreen, Jul 11, 2015
  9. Svizzero Win User
    have a look here
    Windows 7: MS Photo Editor "PHOTOED.exe"
    http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pic...to-editor.html
    DStealth's 7Forums Page
    MS Photo Editor v3.0.2.3 - 32bit
    MS Photo Editor v3.0.2.3 - 64bit
    Photo Editor PATCH's
    have no problem at all up to now to use this solution on WinX 64bit
    needed only replacement of "PHOTOED.EXE" as described in Patch!
    But remember WinX is a morbouse collection system so you need to
    clear all W Cache related infos after application
    (clean start of app, also needed in many other cases)! for example use CCleaner
    Attention if you don't finde what you already instaled.. it's there.. WinX has a great
    problem.. not finding all installed App's... problems of the last century...

Svizzero, Sep 9, 2015
  10. Just in case you still are having the problem and still want to use the old MS PhotoEd program (photoed.exe) they never really got rid of it; they simply hide it when you go from XP or 7,8 10, etc. Also, for some reason, it's hard to search the command line in Windows 10 with any success. But the program is still very much available. As was stated here before, you will find the program already installed if you have Office 2000, Office 2010, and so on. It is a "Tool" found in Office's common files. Using Windows Explorer hunt around in your Programs Folder (presuming you do have some version of Office installed) and you will find it. Once you find the logo, right click that and create a shortcut. You will be told that you can't create the shortcut there (in the folder it's already in) and asked if you want to create a shortcut on your desktop. Click to do that and then you may (if you wish) right click the logo on your desk top to pin it to your task bar (or earlier pin it to start up if you want to do that). Hope that helps. I agree, btw, that it's certainly the fasted way to tweak a simple picture without lumbering under a full-throated photo editor program. Often in life, fewer choices make for happier living.

Karen Kraft, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anything in Windows 10 like the very old Photoed.exe? - Similar Threads - Anything very old

2. Driver for very old Epson stylus photo RX600 for Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver for very old Epson stylus photo RX600 for Window 10: I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX600 that is pretty old but which can scan 35mm slides and all the rest brilliantly, better than any other scanner I have tried. However, atm it will not print because 'there is a problem with the setup' I need a copy of the very old software...
  3. Driver for very old Epson stylus photo RX600 for Window 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver for very old Epson stylus photo RX600 for Window 10: I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX600 that is pretty old but which can scan 35mm slides and all the rest brilliantly, better than any other scanner I have tried. However, atm it will not print because 'there is a problem with the setup' I need a copy of the very old software...
  4. Driver for very old Epson stylus photo RX600 for Window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location: Ive installed the old photo viewer from Win7 and it works fine but I got files I cant select it as "open with" even tho I know they can be opened with it. So I need to find the .exe file to select it from the menu but I dont really remember where it got installed or how to...
  6. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location: Ive installed the old photo viewer from Win7 and it works fine but I got files I cant select it as "open with" even tho I know they can be opened with it. So I need to find the .exe file to select it from the menu but I dont really remember where it got installed or how to...
  7. Windows 10 Old Photo Viewer .EXE location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Driver for very old Epson stylus photo RX600 for Window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver for very old Epson stylus photo RX600 for Window 10: the Epson web site provide page for Epson stylus photo RX600 with a download itemthe download state start your machine and connect and it will download automatically?this does not happen, whatever we start compute then start printe/attach printer usb cable or keep printer on...
  9. windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 compatibility for a VERY OLD desktop: I know nothing about computers, so I ask that you have patience and be kind please. My mother just passed away at age 96. She has an ancient HP Pavilion All-in-One, in brand new condition and I would love to keep it simply because it is hers.My question is: Is this desktop...
  10. Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 very slow, can't do anything with it.: So had Windows 10 on my HP Envy for a good couple years now. It's up to date, 1TB hard drive, 12gb ram, working fine. Switched it on yesterday and took 3 hours to start. Over an hour to get to log on screen.. Almost same amount to get to enter password screen. Further...