Windows 10: Anyway I can revert changes of msconfig via another computer

Discus and support Anyway I can revert changes of msconfig via another computer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; so today my computer got corrupted but before the corruption I already configured my computer to restart on safe mode with networking via msconfig but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Droyk, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Droyk Win User

Anyway I can revert changes of msconfig via another computer

so today my computer got corrupted but before the corruption I already configured my computer to restart on safe mode with networking via msconfig but now safe mode doesn't work but normal one work's but how to run my os without safemode

Important Points
    I have tried all the safe modes but still can't get into the computer to configure msconfig
    I have another window 10 install on my other hard disk
    2nd my keyboard isn't working only the few key works so I have to work with on screen keyboard which only available in the OS sadly*Sad

:)

Droyk, Nov 17, 2016

2. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 10 home from pro

I accidently downloaded windows 10 pro instead of the home edition. Now it keeps telling me to activate windows. The only problem with that is I'm sitting here with a product key for the home edition. Do I have to just suck it up and pay the $200 or is
    there any way I can revert back to home?

DevinMaddox, Nov 17, 2016
  3. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 10 home from pro

Hi Devin,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• From where did you downloaded Windows 10 Pro?
    • Which OS edition did you had prior installing Windows 10?
    Please be informed that, if you have Windows Home edition prior installing Windows 10 it will automatically upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition.

I would suggest you to go through the below link to download Windows 10 ISO and media creation tool and install it on your system and check. While installing if you have an option to select the edition kindly select it as Windows Home.

Download Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 17, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

What do you mean by this? Can you boot the computer into Normal Mode?
    Get another USB keyboard
    If you have Windows Install media (ie) DVD or USB Flash, Boot off of that and choose your Language then Repair Your Computer.
    If that doesn't work, you can press Shift + F10 to go directly to the Command Prompt. There are a few BCD commands you can run from here.

spunk, Nov 17, 2016
  5. Droyk Win User
    is there is anyway I can reset msconfig via another computer

Droyk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyway I can revert changes of msconfig via another computer - Similar Threads - Anyway revert changes

2. Rollback msconfig changes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rollback msconfig changes: Hello! I've got a following issue: I changed option in msconfig to Diagnostic startup. After that I rebooted my laptop. Some updates have been installed after reboot. And after that I lost access to admin user - pin is not working with error 0x8007139f and I forgot last admin...
  3. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt: Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via...
  4. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt: Hi all,I made a seemingly pretty dumb decision of selecting 8 cores in msconfig after reading only the available amount would be showing. After rebooting my PC keeps crashing when it tries to load Windows and i cant even go in via safe mode. Is there a way to change this via...
  5. How to change msconfig settings via cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can I change Windows security questions from another computer ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I change Windows security questions from another computer ?: I’ve forgotten the password for my Windows 10 pc. I normally use a PIN to enter but I changed the PIN and my computer isn’t accepting the changed code. Making matters worse, it won’t accept the answers to security questions. All of the fixes I’ve found on line require me to...
  7. Anyway to revert from broken update?

Anyway to revert from broken update?: A number of programs no longer starting up upon boot after the most recent update, which means I now have to start them all manually. Another utterly useless update which just added functionality I have absolutely no need for which was some **** news and weather thing. If i...
  8. How can I share a WiFi connection to another computer via direct ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I share a WiFi connection to another computer via direct ethernet cable?: Hello I have a very specific problem with a temporary setup that cannot be changed right now, and I was hoping a kind soul would be able to help me. I have a laptop and a desktop, both running latest Windows 10. The laptop can connect to a WiFi network, but the desktop...
  9. Can you access msconfig via command prompt?

Can you access msconfig via command prompt?: Hi, Is there a command to issue in command prompt that opens msconfig or is there a command that changes msconfig start up to "selective" or "normal"? My laptop is win 10 ver 1909. It's stopped booting into windows after I changed the start up in msconfig from...
  10. msconfig changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    msconfig changes: I took a picture of my msconfig and I noticed that in a day the numbers behind these 8 services changed they were DevicePicker_ DevicesFlow_ MessaginService_ Sync Host_ Contact data_ PrintWorkflow_ User data storage_ user data access_ they all had the same number...