Windows 10: Anyway TO CHANGE fonts OF MENUS / TITLEBARS ETC IN w10

Discus and support Anyway TO CHANGE fonts OF MENUS / TITLEBARS ETC IN w10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there on previous releases of Windows you could select Fonts for Window titles, menus , toolbars etc. On two of my monitors the current fonts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jimbo45, Sep 23, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anyway TO CHANGE fonts OF MENUS / TITLEBARS ETC IN w10

Hi there

on previous releases of Windows you could select Fonts for Window titles, menus , toolbars etc.

On two of my monitors the current fonts just look HIDEOUS and there's no way to change them -- worked fine on Windows 7.

This is going to cause BIG problems for some people if we upgrade to W10. They are using laptops - then it's fine if not using an external monitor but when plugged into decent monitors via HDMI is when the problem starts. Applications are fine but the menus / titlebars etc are almost unreadable !!!!!

For instance -- no problem typing this post on to the Forum but looking at the http address or the menu line of the browser is HIDEOUS.

Using latest INTEL HD graphics drivers.

At least on XP --->W8 you could st the individual fonts for system items such as titlebars etc.

I'm running W10 x-64 pro build 10240 (RTM).

This is a BIG showstopper.

Note it's for the WINDOWS SYSTEM stuff I need to change the fonts for -- in things like Word you can change as desired in the APPLICATION area but not the Menu area etc.

For example -- File explorer list --hideously unreadable !!!! However uploading to png you can't see how bad it is !!! but it IS unreadable on the monitor.

Anyway TO CHANGE fonts OF MENUS / TITLEBARS ETC IN w10 [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 23, 2015
  2. DMRLMT Win User

how to change appearance of fonts, menus, etc.

I have tried all the explanations of how to do this but none of them are accurate or complete. I just want to be able to read the text under the icons and change the menu background color. I have no problem making these changes in the past. Why does technology
    get worse? It should be better.

I would like to change the menu background color. I would like all my fonts to be visible. Is that too much to ask?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DMRLMT, Sep 23, 2015
  3. how to change appearance of fonts, menus, etc.

Hi,

To better assist you, may we know what icons are you referring to (desktop or Start menu icons)? What steps have you taken so far?

Are you looking for the same feature that is in the previous versions of Windows? See below screenshot.

Anyway TO CHANGE fonts OF MENUS / TITLEBARS ETC IN w10 [​IMG]

Also, if you want to change the color of the Start menu, taskbar, and action center, refer to this
    link.

Regards.

Meliton Dec, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 23, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Size isn't a problem --it's the default system fonts --on XP / w7 etc you could switch to different fonts e.g Tahoma, segui, etc etc for different things such as window titles, menus etc.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 24, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    You can play around with these reg settings. Suggest you export them first so you can put them back! Google the Font Substitute stuff for Win 7, there are some decent articles out there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]
    "Segoe UI (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Bold (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Italic (TrueType)"=""
    "Segoe UI Bold Italic (TrueType)"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]
    "Segoe UI"="Tahoma"
    "MS Shell Dlg"="tahoma"
    "MS Shell Dlg 2"="tahoma"

f14tomcat, Sep 24, 2015
  7. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Sep 24, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

Thanks for the suggestions will have a go with these (on a VM first !!)

Seems stupid though you have to mess around with this when the feature used to exist in Windows already !!!! On laptops / tablets the standard W10 default fonts are fine but try plugging in a laptop to a large monitor via the HDMI cable --especially the older models. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyway TO CHANGE fonts OF MENUS / TITLEBARS ETC IN w10 - Similar Threads - Anyway CHANGE fonts

2. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somehow-my-font-changed-into-the-marlett-font-is/aa1af508-fe4e-4adf-85f1-a36ab391104b
  3. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somehow-my-font-changed-into-the-marlett-font-is/aa1af508-fe4e-4adf-85f1-a36ab391104b
  4. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to change font size on title bar and menus?

How to change font size on title bar and menus?: How to change font size on title bar and menus? The font on the title screen are not readable; and also some menus. Available settings do not change properly this font front a high resolution HP laptop....
  6. Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done: Hi folks While it's simple to re-set font sizes for general desktop settings etc in most linux distros sometimes the top menu bar and things like space in things like firefox to enter say a search address is tiny with small fonts too -- it's quite easy but you need to set...
  7. Is there someway to change titlebar text color?

Is there someway to change titlebar text color?: Is there a way to change titlebar text color? like for active and inactive title bars? I mean I really do not understand at all why they removed all these customization options in windows 10, that even windows 95, 98, xp, me, vista, 7 and I think 8 had. 14676
  8. Anyway to change color on login screen (accents etc)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyway to change color on login screen (accents etc): Hi there To change logon screen colour and background in W10 doesn't work any more. The Windows 8.1 method doesn't work any more -- if you choose the wrong colour at install time you are stuck with it. The option to change doesn't work from the desktop - It used to...
  9. Changing my MOBO etc. will that KILL my W10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing my MOBO etc. will that KILL my W10?: I am presently running a FREE W10 which is fully up to date, upgraded from W7; I presently have a AMD CPU Powered MOBO etc. but plan to shortly install a NEW Intel CPU and MOBO and am concerned from some of the things that I have read - that this might trigger MS not allowing...
  10. Fonts etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts etc: I don't know about you but I am finding this messy and maddening. In Win.7 you could modify the font for the windows, both size and font itself. Win 10 will not all me to modify size, which is stuck on 9pt, and there is no option shown to change the font to Times from...