Windows 10: Anyway to default the window size

Discus and support Anyway to default the window size in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I found that all of the window size has been changed. for example, the setting window has been changed too small size. I would like to default all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hkkenw, Feb 28, 2018.

1. hkkenw Win User

Anyway to default the window size

I found that all of the window size has been changed. for example, the setting window has been changed too small size. I would like to default all the window size, position to default value(setting, control panel, chrome...etc). Anyway to do that?

:)

hkkenw, Feb 28, 2018

2. Japanese Language

The default font size is incredibly small for the Microsoft IME Japanese language pack. Is there anyway to set the default size to be bigger. I switch between typed japanese and english frequently and having to manually change the font size each time is
    incredibly irritating.

DaigenWeir, Feb 28, 2018
  3. windows 10 display font size

how to change font display size for windows 10 running on bootcamp.

the default is 300%, wants to change to another size.

tried turning off and re-login, but not able to change.

anyway or steps that i can do that? please advise

kenny go (kenny.go), Feb 28, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

You can click and drag the edge of the Settings app to resize the window, you can also set it to be maximised. The next time you open Settings it will use these size settings.

If you have just had the Features Update to Fall Creators Update (1709) that could explain why the sizes have changed - but it's easy to put them back as you'd like. The should stay that way until the next major features update (Spring Creators Update in April?).

5. hkkenw Win User
    I know. But is there a way to reset default value?

hkkenw, Feb 28, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Not that I'm aware of - at least, @Brink has no tutorial on setting a general default window size.

As I understand it, unless it hard-coded to have a fixed size window, each app (Microsoft or 3rd-party) when opened for the first time is assigned a windows size that fits the available desktop space at the time of launch. After that it remembers what you last had it adjusted to. There appears to be no global default.

A Features Update probably clears the remembered size, so it opens as if it were for the first time.

7. LMiller7 Win User
    Under normal circumstances an application has full control over the location and size it's window opens. There are defaults for an application opening for the first time if the developer chooses to use them. Not all do. I don't know how these are defined or if they can be changed. I suspect they are based on screen dimensions and are not directly changeable. Most applications will open in the same size and location as when they were closed. This information is stored where and however the developer chooses. Windows may override this under certain conditions. Some of these details are undocumented and subject to change at any time without notice.

LMiller7, Feb 28, 2018
  8. hkkenw Win User

As I have tested, Registry can reset folder view window size. But I found that it can not change the settings page. So I ask it here.

hkkenw, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyway to default the window size - Similar Threads - Anyway default window

2. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?: Is there a way to set a default volume for new programs in Windows 10? I know about volume mixer and how it works but that's not what I'm talking about. I noticed when new programs are installed Windows will default the volume to 100 which if I am not quick and make my way...
  3. Change default window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change default window size: I would like Windows Media Player on Windows 10 to reopen with the same window size it was closed. Currently Windows Media Player always opens with the window size almost maximised fullscreen but not quite, a few millimetres smaller than the screen. This is despite me...
  4. is there anyway to set the browser private mode as windows default browser?

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there anyway to set the browser private mode as windows default browser?: Hi everybodyI need to set windows default browser to private mode without changing the browser setting to always start in private mode, is there any way to do that without harming the windows?...
  5. Set default explorer window size?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set default explorer window size?: Is it possible to define the pixel dimensions of a new Windows Explorer window? If I resize one, subsequent ones will open at that size, but not after a reboot. I'd like to set a permanent size at a deeper level. submitted by /u/kirkbross [link] [comments]...
  6. Reset window size to default

Reset window size to default: Hi, I have been using an AutoTiling program to organize the windows. It has put the windows of very strange sizes, and I wish I could reset this to default like when you use W10 for the first time. Is there an area where this configuration of window position and size is...
  7. Is there anyway to change the display size in the arrangement settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to change the display size in the arrangement settings?: submitted by /u/tails618 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hoohkm/is_there_anyway_to_change_the_display_size_in_the/
  8. Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.

Setting default paper size in windows 10, is the paper size of the default printer.: Hi Microsoft, you can improve the documentation for the setting of the default paper size for application. I noticed the default paper size for Edge, Outlook, ... is taken from the paper size of the default printer. Where is this documented. The discussions on this...
  9. Anyway to increase screen size Remote (on LAN) Windows VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Anyway to increase screen size Remote (on LAN) Windows VM: Hi folks I'm connecting to a remote Windows VM from a Centos 7 machine via RDESKTOP. Connection is fine -- SSL is good but Screen size is fixed -- anybody know of parameters how to change it -- [img] On the Centos machine the windows desktop is too small --but...
  10. Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?: When I open the window or application, it often starts in small windows. Is there any option in Wndows 10 to make system remember that I prefer fullscreen windows from the start? 34261