Windows 10: Anyway to get windows 10 to look like this?

Discus and support Anyway to get windows 10 to look like this? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Anyway to get windows 10 to look like this? The background color is gray in file window, taskbar, applications, etc (except for the wallpaper that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by groze, Nov 4, 2014.

1. groze Win User

Anyway to get windows 10 to look like this?

Anyway to get windows 10 to look like this? The background color is gray in file window, taskbar, applications, etc (except for the wallpaper that is partially shown.) I can't seem to get the colors exactly like windows 7 but got close to it.

One Drive doesn't save desktop/windows settings from windows 7.

Thank you in advance.

:)

groze, Nov 4, 2014
  2. sarushza Win User

windows 10 starts to look like windows 8

issue found by my 7-year-old boy: Someone changed in action center to Tablet mode.

sarushza, Nov 4, 2014
  3. Greg362 Win User
    Windows 10 Starting to look like a virus?

1: Windows Defender Security Defender will show a caution symbol for just having my brightness all the way up and hovering over it says actions are recommended. Doesn't seem like it's a recommended if it blocks out any chance of seeing a real problem (because
    there's already a caution symbol). This is what viruses look like.

2: I got rid of OneDrive via registry editor because it's so difficult to get rid of but it came back. I turn it off but it pops up every time I try and access files(aka file explorer). This is a product I will never use and forcing it is what again, viruses
    do.

This is going to be annoying if these updates continue to gravitate towards forced conformity to applications or recommendations which is why I don't own an apple computer. A user like me will have to

a: stop windows updates and find a new virus protection

b: install Linux

c: just give in to the conformity and buy apple

I wanted to send this in an email or support question but after spending 20 minutes trying to find some quick way to do so I gave up and posted it on here. I have no interest in signing onto Microsoft on my computer because I have no idea what that might
    try and set up or install. I'm just putting it out there. I can disable notifications and re-delete OneDrive from the registry myself. I'm not saying get rid of it for initial product install as I know some users aren't tech friendly.

Greg362, Nov 4, 2014
  4. Anyway to get windows 10 to look like this?

Hi,
    You might ask this fellow he posted an image but didn't give any details unless I missed them :/
    [youtube]GqciUMYfDqI[/youtube]
    He posted an image here You do need to be a vip to see that thread *Sad

Attachment 7936
    But unless I missed it I saw no details on how to do the tweaking :/

ThrashZone, Nov 5, 2014
  5. See: Personalization Gallery - Microsoft Windows
    and
    Personalize your PC - Windows tutorial

It sounds as though you're pretty close to what you want though, so the links might not shed any new light on this.
    The one thing I noticed is there isn't any basic themes in Win10 - Windows themes or High Contrast (couldn't get a good color scheme when I tried - but these do offer some component color choices (title, text, foreground ....)

You might have already set
    This PC -> properties -> advanced system settings -> Performance [settings] -> Visual effects tab -> Adjust for best performance

from the image, it looks as though you want a fairly flat presentation.

I can't locate any Basic themes on the MS site (if you look from a Win7 machine, you might find one though)

You might also try copying a Windows7 theme that you're saved over to Win10.

Good luck,

Bill

Slartybart, Nov 9, 2014
  6. adamf Win User
    adamf, Nov 10, 2014
  7. You can still use the built in AeroLite theme in 10 Enable Hidden Aero Lite Theme In Windows 8 For (Slightly) Improved Performance | Redmond Pie

It looks like this (you can change the colour of course)... I quite like the look of it. Thanks Adam, I'll try the Aero Lite theme at some point. It might get groze a little closer to what they want.

Looking at the image you posted, it appears as though the window borders are thicker - that by itself is a plus.

I prefer a 'flat' theme - usually a solid black background with no bells and whistles (no sounds, no screen saver, no background slide show, no animation, no slides, no fades, no shadows) I do like the aero peek and smooth options (text and scroll).

Pretty boring stuff - just me and the machine *Wink

Bill

Slartybart, Nov 10, 2014
  8. Anyway to get windows 10 to look like this?

Using Stardock's Start8 Menu allows small icons to be used with good effect; this, IMHO, is what Microsoft should be doing for their default Start Menu.

Microsoft Frontpage does work with Windows 10 but Norton Ghost's legitimate serial number won't register but it will function for the 30 day trial period.

WightWalker, Nov 11, 2014
  9. I completely agree that text on the right column should be an ease setting to switch to *Sad
    But Microsoft is still stuck in a touch screen world with that world not Appling to the left column *Confused
    There running at 50% reality on listings and 0% on default search to an odd Bing search :/

ThrashZone, Nov 13, 2014
  10. There's also the tool mentioned in the Windows 8 Forums thread that would give you the real authentic classic desktop (yes as in the one that's not supposed to exist in 8x and 10 TP)

Solved A Classic Desktop That Looks Like THIS!

Jody Thornton, Nov 17, 2014
  11. I guess I'm just a Classic Fan (fanatic). I've had every desktop set up the same way since........wait for it.......
    Windows 98.

So one of the first things I had to add to Win-10 was the "Classic Shell", quickly followed by "Grant Admin Full Control", because the "Access Denied" thing in Windows 10 just drives me Crazy!

With that all done, I start building my Desktop like I have for the past 17 years. Now, if a person, visiting my house, didn't know it was actually Windows 10, they would probably think they were looking at my Windows XP screen.

Anyway to get windows 10 to look like this? [​IMG]

I'm still fighting with some of the idiosyncrasies of Windows 10, but I'm down to the point where it's usable.
    Now if I can just get it to boot to my desktop, with no password, like I have Win-8.1 set up, I'll be one step closer to perfection.*

* Being Forced to use a password to Log In to my own computer, in my own house, where I'm the only one here, is a real pain in the arse. That's a HUGE negative!

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jan 25, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    @TechnoMage , you know about "netplwiz" (to boot up without password) right?

badrobot, Jan 25, 2015
  13. AddRAM Win User

Did you switch to the local account, no need for a password there.

AddRAM, Jan 25, 2015
  14. Fenestrix Win User
    It would be even more XP-like if you had a Quick Launch Bar in the left half of your Task Bar....

Love that picture, by the way.

Fenestrix, Jan 25, 2015
  15. Well, the login thing was just one PITA, with only a Pacific Time Zone and NO Sound it was time for a reinstall.

So I did a clean, fresh install of Windows 10, 9926 to another spare hard drive. This time I found the way to get through the install without having to put in a password, and when the install was done I had all the regular time zones, and my sound was back.
    Now W-10 boots right to my desktop and all's well with the world.

I still can't get Windows Mail working, but maybe someday I will.

Cheers Mates and Happy Beta Testing,

*Cool

TechnoMage, Jan 26, 2015
Thema:

1. Anyway to get windows 10 to look like this? - Similar Threads - Anyway

2. I lost my Java edition that I payed for seperately from gamepass, is there anyway to get it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my Java edition that I payed for seperately from gamepass, is there anyway to get it...: A while ago I had decided to buy the Java edition and bedrock edition bundle, and a few days later I had bought game pass, fast forward a few months and when I cancel my game pass, it gets rid of my Minecraft Java edition. I still have bedrock, which is odd but I am wondering...
  3. I lost my Java edition that I payed for seperately from gamepass, is there anyway to get it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my Java edition that I payed for seperately from gamepass, is there anyway to get it...: A while ago I had decided to buy the Java edition and bedrock edition bundle, and a few days later I had bought game pass, fast forward a few months and when I cancel my game pass, it gets rid of my Minecraft Java edition. I still have bedrock, which is odd but I am wondering...
  4. Windows 11 Media Creation tool - free download!!! Is it possible?? Thanks anyway !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation tool - free download!!! Is it possible?? Thanks anyway !: I have been tryind to download windows media creation tool but it show up erros .......... What should I do but I have an old media creation tool from last september 2022!! Should I use it to format my ssd????...
  5. Windows 11 Media Creation tool - free download!!! Is it possible?? Thanks anyway !

Windows 11 Media Creation tool - free download!!! Is it possible?? Thanks anyway !: I have been tryind to download windows media creation tool but it show up erros .......... What should I do but I have an old media creation tool from last september 2022!! Should I use it to format my ssd????...
  6. Ive got a hp G7 notebook 2019, came with preinstalled win 10. anyway 1 month ago it got...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ive got a hp G7 notebook 2019, came with preinstalled win 10. anyway 1 month ago it got...: Ive got a hp G7 notebook 2019, came with preinstalled win 10. anyway 1 month ago it got screwed up while updating, and i was listening to instruction on how to repair when i was instructed to basically clean my whole HDD! now i have nothing , i need to know what operating...
  7. Ive got a hp G7 notebook 2019, came with preinstalled win 10. anyway 1 month ago it got...

Ive got a hp G7 notebook 2019, came with preinstalled win 10. anyway 1 month ago it got...: Ive got a hp G7 notebook 2019, came with preinstalled win 10. anyway 1 month ago it got screwed up while updating, and i was listening to instruction on how to repair when i was instructed to basically clean my whole HDD! now i have nothing , i need to know what operating...
  8. Ive got a hp G7 notebook 2019, came with preinstalled win 10. anyway 1 month ago it got...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somehow-my-font-changed-into-the-marlett-font-is/aa1af508-fe4e-4adf-85f1-a36ab391104b
  10. somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...

in Windows 10 Customization
    somehow, my font changed into the marlett font. is there anyway to fix this??? i cant...: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/somehow-my-font-changed-into-the-marlett-font-is/aa1af508-fe4e-4adf-85f1-a36ab391104b