Windows 10: Anyway to increase screen size Remote (on LAN) Windows VM

Discus and support Anyway to increase screen size Remote (on LAN) Windows VM in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks I'm connecting to a remote Windows VM from a Centos 7 machine via RDESKTOP. Connection is fine -- SSL is good but Screen size is fixed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Aug 12, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anyway to increase screen size Remote (on LAN) Windows VM

Hi folks

I'm connecting to a remote Windows VM from a Centos 7 machine via RDESKTOP.

Connection is fine -- SSL is good but Screen size is fixed -- anybody know of parameters how to change it --

Anyway to increase screen size  Remote (on LAN) Windows VM [​IMG]

On the Centos machine the windows desktop is too small --but at least the connection works !!.

Hi there

Found the answer -- use parameter -f for full screen (ctrl alt enter to exit full screen) or -g% for % of local screen to use or nnnn X nnnn for resolution.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 12, 2017

2. Anyway to increase sms text font size in windows HD7..

How this feature was overlooked is stupid and dumb, really poor design, as it is a core functionality of a phone. The first thing my dad told me, when he called me on the his new windows phone, was that the text was really small and hard to read, so being
    a developer myself, I instantly thought and told my dad to look for a options menu to resize the text or try pinching the screen and moving his fingers apart, to zoom the text. He called me back and said, what were you on about, little did I realise this action
    or menu item was not in there, as a feature, and when I got to use a windows phone myself. I had seen, how small the text was, for the end user. The font is too tiny, for people with bad eye sight. How this got into a production line, I don't want to know.
    It should be fixed now and updates released.

bloom4mtuam, Aug 12, 2017
  3. MJ001 Win User
    Anyway to increase sms text font size in windows HD7..

200% agreed. It's a shame to release such a stupid phone. I bought one for my mom, and she found it is too hard to read the SMS and phone number and the pinyin IME. Not only her, I also feel disgusting when seeing such tiny text. Unlike in many other countries,
    in China, you cannot return the phone, so I was actually fooled by Microsoft to buy such a stupid brick-like phone.

MJ001, Aug 12, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

I use xfreerdp to remote from CentOS to Windows, setting resolution in command line:

xfreerdp -g 1600x900 -u WindosPC_Name_Or_IP

5. jimbo45 Win User
    @Kari

Thanks --that works too

For the OTHER way around - Windows--> Linux -- although not actually relevant to this post -- it does seem that tigervnc (server) is broken in latest CENTOS release (7.3 / 7.4) - but I don't need it as there are alternative methods such as bog standard RDP.

I only need the command line - so a GUI isn't required by me FROM Windows. Putty is a good way though of making a secure connection FROM Windows as it has SSL and tunnelling facilities (and of course FREE !!)..

On a Windows client (for example a Laptop) to access the Linux server bog standard RDP works provided XRDP is up and running on the Linux server. I use this sometimes if I need to connect to a NAS server (running Linux) which I have running headless.

There's also an android app I can use to enter commands using a mobile phone to connect --don't need a GUI from a mobile phone though !! SSL is the best way and simply use the command line.

It seems a shame that most Windows users seem very scared to use command line -- it's not that difficult --even in Windows !!!!.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyway to increase screen size Remote (on LAN) Windows VM - Similar Threads - Anyway increase screen

2. Taskbar Size increases

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Size increases: How do i correct my taskbar size issue after connecting to external monitor as my TV screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-size-increases/26a18262-895a-4bdd-bf84-e4687d8b88f9
  3. Increase size of search window

in Cortana
    Increase size of search window: Hello, I am facing the issue of getting a search box like this [ATTACH] But I want it like this [ATTACH] can You please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-size-of-search-window/15e46f98-73f3-47e7-9698-2ba92af396aa
  4. is there anyway to increase aloocated video ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there anyway to increase aloocated video ram?: im tryna run cs go and all i need is more allocated video ram. can i allocate more? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-anyway-to-increase-aloocated-video-ram/c4fc4112-1771-4f8e-b40b-eb657b9a29b9
  5. Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Linux VM's increase font size in (top) menus etc - Easily done: Hi folks While it's simple to re-set font sizes for general desktop settings etc in most linux distros sometimes the top menu bar and things like space in things like firefox to enter say a search address is tiny with small fonts too -- it's quite easy but you need to set...
  6. Anyway to increase max brightness ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to increase max brightness ?: Just picked up the ASUS Vivobook S532 and while i love it i wish it was a touch brighter. So i was wondering if there was a way to increase the maximum brightness ? Thanks. submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link] [comments]...
  7. Download size increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download size increasing: I recently bought forza horizon 4 and ive been downloading it for 2 hours it was 64gb and it just keeps going up i am now at 110gb i have reset it i everytime i try to download it it goes up from 110...
  8. Increasing Partition Size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increasing Partition Size: I have a 1 Terabyte hard drive that contains 2 partitions. C: which has 906 GB free space and D: which has 7.65 GB free space. I want to extend D:. I shunk C: 200 GB and ended up with a third partition and found no way to extend d: into this free space. How do I extend...
  9. Increase partition size

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase partition size: Had 8.1 then downloaded 10, unfortunately when I originally installed 8.1 I made my C partition too small and it's almost full all the time. Is there anyway to increase the size? Also I want to reset my PC right now since it's gotten extremely sluggish for some odd...
  10. Anyway to default the window size

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to default the window size: I found that all of the window size has been changed. for example, the setting window has been changed too small size. I would like to default all the window size, position to default value(setting, control panel, chrome...etc). Anyway to do that? 105222