Windows 10: Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging?

Discus and support Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After removing several apps and reading numerous tutorials and threads I can't find out how to remove Connect and Messaging. I did a PowerShell dump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MoInSTL, Dec 22, 2017.

1. MoInSTL Win User

Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging?

After removing several apps and reading numerous tutorials and threads I can't find out how to remove Connect and Messaging. I did a PowerShell dump and did not find Connect or Messaging. I'd like to remove both from my Start Menu. OS Build 16299.125

Anyone have a script or suggestions?

Thanks.

EDIT: Found Messaging Get-AppxPackage -allusers *messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage -allusers *connect* | Remove-AppxPackage Did NOT work.

:)

MoInSTL, Dec 22, 2017
  2. DHonig Win User

Anyway to remove browser from Nokia Asha 302?

Thank you for your detailed response. Not so sure how the Nokia series works but I'm guessing the Nokia Asha 302 is from the 40s. Disappointing to find out whatsapp is canceling support for those products. It looks as if Whatsapp is really taking the software
    off Nokia's dumbphones. I guess that means my research continues on. Anyway, thank you for your help. I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

DHonig, Dec 22, 2017
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    Anyway to remove browser from Nokia Asha 302?

Not really, because your phone contains a second Web browser which is built into the firmware. How to access that, is

public information
    . Why do you want to remove it: Do you face any error messages, is your Nokia 302 constantly online, or do you want to prevent your kid to surf the Internet?

Abi99 (2), Dec 22, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Hey MolnSTL,
    I believe those are Provisioned Apps. Try the following...

Open Powershell as Adminstrator
    Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online | Select DisplayName
    Remove-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName PackageNameToRemove

Eagle51, Dec 22, 2017
  5. MoInSTL Win User
    Thanks, but Connect is still there. No problem removing Messaging earlier. So I can confirm it's not provisioned.
    Remove-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online -connect

I feel like I am living in PowerShell. *Wink

MoInSTL, Dec 22, 2017
  6. Eagle51 Win User
    Use the FullPackageName (from the the 1st command) without the -infront of it .

Eagle51, Dec 22, 2017
  7. Eagle51 Win User
    You know what ... Provisioned Apps get installed on a clean install and when a new user is added. So that remove command may not actually remove the currently installed app.

Eagle51, Dec 22, 2017
  8. MoInSTL Win User

Bolding is mine. I just did a clean install and rather than use my old OS version, I used the MS tool and got the newest version.

Edit: MS makes me crazy. *Confused Was DOS user, then Windows 3.11 and thrilled heading home with a floppy disk in the box with Windows 95 from Egghead Software. Fast forward. UGH. I thought they had it figured out with Windows 7. Always a PITA. *Tongue

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Connect* | Remove-AppxPackageRemove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFA, Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor.(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CFA)error 0x80070032: AppX Deployment Remove operation on packageMicrosoft.Windows.OOBENetworkConnectionFlow_10.0.16299.15_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy from:C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkConnectionFlow_cw5n1h2txyewy failed. This app is part of Windowsand cannot be uninstalled on a per-user basis. An administrator can attempt to remove the app from the computer usingTurn Windows Features on or off. However, it may not be possible to uninstall the app.NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] 75d21cd3-7c17-000a-d44a-d275177cd301 in the Event Log or usethe command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID 75d21cd3-7c17-000a-d44a-d275177cd301At line:1 char:39+ Get-AppxPackage -allusers *Connect* | Remove-AppxPackage+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.Windo...__cw5n1h2txyewy:String) [Remove-AppxPackage], IOException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.RemoveAppxPackageCommand

MoInSTL, Dec 22, 2017
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    I've never actually tried removing Connect or Messaging and it appears Connect can't be removed.

Eagle51, Dec 22, 2017
  10. MoInSTL Win User
    Removing Messaging was easy-peasy

MoInSTL, Dec 22, 2017
  11. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyway to remove Connect and Messaging? - Similar Threads - Anyway remove Connect

2. "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11: This just started after an update on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22635 restart.I am SHOCKED to find my newly restarted Win 11 Pro system connected to the Internet. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. This is not merely an inconvenience, it's the unauthorized usage of resources. The resources are...
  3. "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11: This just started after an update on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22635 restart.I am SHOCKED to find my newly restarted Win 11 Pro system connected to the Internet. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. This is not merely an inconvenience, it's the unauthorized usage of resources. The resources are...
  4. I remove a wifi network from my known connections, but it keeps connecting anyway

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I remove a wifi network from my known connections, but it keeps connecting anyway: I am having a terribly annoying issue with my Windows 11. There is a WIFI network I wish to remove from my known connections b/c I DONT want to connect to it. First I did the obvious thing of going to "manage known networks" and then press "forget" on the network. However, I...
  5. I remove a wifi network from my known connections, but it keeps connecting anyway

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I remove a wifi network from my known connections, but it keeps connecting anyway: I am having a terribly annoying issue with my Windows 11. There is a WIFI network I wish to remove from my known connections b/c I DONT want to connect to it. First I did the obvious thing of going to "manage known networks" and then press "forget" on the network. However, I...
  6. Hello! Is there anyway to remove this virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hello! Is there anyway to remove this virus?: So i have a virus called Trojan:Win32 and i dont know what to do i dont know but i think that virus is the reason my laptop slows down when using for a short period and yeah i want a method to remove its infection without losing filescuz i have school/study things in my pci...
  7. Anyway to send messages via the Notification function

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to send messages via the Notification function: Hi folks Some Ms applications use the Notifications for informing the user about events that have happend - e.g restart required, or Outlook notifying when emails arrive etc so presumably there must be an API call somewhere. Is this "User accessible" as I could find several...
  8. Anyway to stop the annoying startup message?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to stop the annoying startup message?: For the past few months I have been annoyed on all of my PC's by the occasional message on startup asking if I want to explore more features of windows - OneDrive and Office and such. The problem is that it just sits there until I respond BUT some of the PC's power up...
  9. anyway to remove this

in Windows 10 Customization
    anyway to remove this: Thanks Brink, what about another overlay shown on icons, anyway to remove this ? [img] 13643
  10. Anyway to remove a whole series of devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anyway to remove a whole series of devices: Hi there I seem to have a share port device installed about 120 times on Devices any way to remove these quickly --the only way I can see is a tedious one at a time . goodness knows how these devices got added many times. I think the device is a portable modem but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CFA