Windows 10: Anyway to revet start menu to pre-anniversary upgrade?

Discus and support Anyway to revet start menu to pre-anniversary upgrade? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there some way to do this? because I really despise how they have it now, I'd rather my programs remain hidden unless I click the thing to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scyris, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Scyris Win User

Anyway to revet start menu to pre-anniversary upgrade?

Is there some way to do this? because I really despise how they have it now, I'd rather my programs remain hidden unless I click the thing to show them. Any idea if this can be done? its driving both me and my mother nuts with how they changed it. Its one of those: It wasn't broke so it didn't need to be "fixed" type situations.

Also did MS remove the ability to remove those stupid things like the xbox app and such? I've tried various ways but none of them seem able to uninstall it.

:)

Scyris, Sep 24, 2016

2. Any way to revert Start menu to pre-Anniversary layout?

I find the new Start menu layout that came with the Anniversary update to be frustrating, to say the least. Is there any way to revert the layout to how it was prior to the Anniversary update - with All Apps as a button at the bottom of the menu, not taking
    up the entire thing? Because despite looking for some sort of option along those lines, I have found nothing that has that effect.

OS is Win 10 Home 64-bit (build 14393).

joshwagstaff13, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Any way to revert Start menu to pre-Anniversary layout?

Hi Josh,

No, that is how it is designed.

Suggest you to provide feedback about it in Feedback hub.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 24, 2016
  4. Porthos Win User

Not with out using a 3rd party program like Classic Shell.
    Why dont you use the feedback hub and tell them you want more control over the start menu.

Porthos, Sep 24, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    spunk, Sep 24, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Short of installing a 3rd party Menu or reverting back to an older Build, No.

Here's what you can do though;
    Uninstall apps using Option 2 or 3 here:

Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

then, create your own self titled shortcuts and folders for the default menu:

Anyway to revet start menu to pre-anniversary upgrade? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anyway to revet start menu to pre-anniversary upgrade? - Similar Threads - Anyway revet start

2. Anyway of directly downloading Win 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anyway of directly downloading Win 10 Anniversary Edition: The Forum post of how to use media creation tool no longer gives option of downloading Creator vs. Anniversary edition upgrade. I need the Anniversary build for Adobe Dimensions install....
  3. anyway to change the names of apps pinned to start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    anyway to change the names of apps pinned to start menu: Windows 10 out of the Edge Browser allows almost anything to be pinned to Start Menu which is great but many of the names are too long, so once again, can names of apps be changed that are pinned to start menu? Thanks TC 15764
  4. No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "All Apps" in Start Menu after Anniversary Update!: So I just updated to the latest Windows Update upon a prompt. (Automatically in other words.) This added the Anniversary Update as well, which changed the Start Menu somewhat. There is one problem though, it doesn't work as intended. I was under the impression that "All Apps"...
  5. Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...: This is my start menu (with the icons only along the left): [img] This is my wife's laptop (with the "Most used" section AND the names beside the icons): [img] I would like my laptop's start menu to look like my wife's...with the "Most used" section, etc. How is...
  6. Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to delete the start menu empty tile groups?: There is alot of empty space to the right of my start group and I can't seem to resize it or delete it, the only way I can interact with that area is if I drag something in it and only can I rename the group. Heres a pick I found online if no one understands what I mean...
  7. Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is the Taskbar & Start Menu Properties in the Anniversary Update: In 1511 I right clicked in the Start field and it brought up a Properties link. Then there were lots of configuration setting for the Start screen. That no longer works. To the point, before I was able to hide the Apps column and access it by clicking All Apps. I'd like to...
  8. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  9. Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - Clean Install. Start menu anomaly: Hi all, Wondering if anyone else has experienced an icon display issue on their start menu with the 1607 update? I have just clean installed (and fully updated) the 1607 Anniversary Update on 2 PC's and both are experiencing an identical issue with their start menu. The...
  10. This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 News
    This Is the New Win 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update: This Is the New Windows 10 Start Menu Launching with Anniversary Update Redmond revamping the Start menu with new Features [img] [img] The upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update is going to bring several important changes for users of Microsoft’s new...