Windows 10: Anyway to stop ALL videos and use TEXT browser

Discus and support Anyway to stop ALL videos and use TEXT browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there. doesn't matter what browser you use it's getting increasingly annoying when you just are looking or reading text the target website is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Jan 2, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anyway to stop ALL videos and use TEXT browser

Hi there.

doesn't matter what browser you use it's getting increasingly annoying when you just are looking or reading text the target website is also riddled with built in videos (not talking about extra popups or ad blockers here) which can take an age to load and get in the way of you reading the article.

Is there some nice REALLY FAST purely TEXT BASED browser which will just return TEXT so I can quickly see the article I want to read without having to wait for loads of useless videos to load (which I ignore anyway so why people think this is an effective "non popup" way of advertising is beyond me.

Edge or IE - Firefox or Chrome -- doesn't make any difference --they all load up these stupid videos if the target website has them incorporated into its pages.

LYNX used to be a good one on Linux - basic and text based but a bit awkward to read articles with drawings say in them. -- is there an equivalent for Windows --Google wasn't very specific. I need to display text and drawings say like wikipaedia and skip all the built in videos.

I found this one on Windows - works on W10 as well called Webbie

WebbIE Web Browser - browse the web using only text

Seems to do most of the trick. I know a lot of people will HATE the idea of removing multimedia etc from web pages - however sometimes you just want to quickly read an article etc - especially when doing research etc.

Anyway to stop ALL videos and use TEXT browser [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 2, 2016

2. Windows media player has sound but no video on Windows 10

I have the same trouble on my Win 10 Ent. At some time all browsers stops playing video. Well, not all, but Firefox and Chrome. Moreover Windows Media Player can't play video - it plays sound, progress is going, but black screen - the same behavior in browsers.
    Edge can play video. Some video can be played in all browsers. IE plays video if hardware accelerated playback is disabled (Options/Advanced). Btw disabling hardware acceleration for Chrome doesn't help.

VLC plays everything without any problem (as usual).

So I come to the conclusion that the issue is with Windows video codecs which are being used by browsers as well (btw it's logical for Firefox but a bit surprised for Chrome). Anyway. Some part of Windows is broken. Recently I've installed Anniversary Update.
    But it didn't change anything.

Any help how to fix that glory super handy and user friendly OS are very appreciated.

Sergei Dorogin, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Videos stopped working in Windows 10

All videos stopped working both in system wide and in browser, after windows 10 update. All plugins and extensions are up to date.

Original Title:All videos stopped.

Ujjayini Dutta, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

Anyway to stop ALL videos and use TEXT browser

1. Anyway to stop ALL videos and use TEXT browser - Similar Threads - Anyway stop videos

2. Keyboard stops working on all browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard stops working on all browsers: I am running Windows 11 and had a bluetooth/2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard. It would work when typing in Windows Word, search bar, etc., but when I went into a browser it stopped typing. I mainly use Chrome, but tried Edge and no luck there either. I disabled bluetooth and tried...
  3. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?: Videos are not playing using Firefox browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-not-playing-using-firefox-browser/c4208dc8-843d-4424-ae1e-9d6a382a331a
  4. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?: Videos are not playing using Firefox browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-are-not-playing-using-firefox-browser/c4208dc8-843d-4424-ae1e-9d6a382a331a
  5. Videos are not playing using Firefox browser?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?: Hello all, I have a weird one. I just finished making a couple of websites on wix, they use background videos, animations and embedded videos.None of these visual elements play automatically as they should on Chrome, Opera, Edge or Firefox but ONLY on my main Windows 10...
  7. Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?

Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?: Hello all, I have a weird one. I just finished making a couple of websites on wix, they use background videos, animations and embedded videos.None of these visual elements play automatically as they should on Chrome, Opera, Edge or Firefox but ONLY on my main Windows 10...
  8. Can and is Windows 10 stopping videos autoplaying in ALL browsers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. All videos are stuttering in browsers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All videos are stuttering in browsers: I have Windows 10 desktop PC latest updates installed, AMD CPU and NVIDIA GPU. I started getting massive stutter in all videos in web browsers, including Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE, Opera. Basically looks like dropped frames and bad frame timing. I don't notice a stutter in 3D...
  10. Video and Audio is out of synch for all videos, all browsers - using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video and Audio is out of synch for all videos, all browsers - using Windows 10: Video and Audio is out of synch for all videos, all browsers - using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-and-audio-is-out-of-synch-for-all-videos-all/58d99678-a4ef-42a6-9922-660f1e024dae