Windows 10: Anyway to stop programs opening on Windows 10 restart?

Discus and support Anyway to stop programs opening on Windows 10 restart? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi folks, Sometimes I probably reatart windows 10 without shutting down some programs like outlook, or my browser, only to find that when I restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by donegaljoe, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Anyway to stop programs opening on Windows 10 restart?

hi folks,

Sometimes I probably reatart windows 10 without shutting down some programs like outlook, or my browser, only to find that when I restart these programs also autmatically run again.

Is there a way to stop this?

Many thanks,
    joe

:)

donegaljoe, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Programs stopping and restarting

Hello William,

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue:

Step 1: I would suggest you to run System Maintenance Troubleshooter
    and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + X key. 
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Step 2: Run SFC Scan.

What is SFC (System File Checker)?

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the steps given in the below article to perform SFC scan:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I suggest you
    to boot into safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The word
    Safe Mode appears in the corners of your monitor to identify which monitors mode you are using.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type
      msconfig and hit the Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • Select or click the check box Safe mode with networking.
    • Click on Apply and ok.
    • You will then see a restart button. Click it to restart your computer.
    Once you are in safe mode, check if you are facing the issue.

Once you completed the steps above follow the below steps on how to go back to normal mode:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Run will open, type
      msconfig and hit the Enter key.
    • A system configuration box will pop up.
    • Click on Boot Tab.
    • If you see safe mode box has a check mark in it,
      uncheck the safe mode box and hit apply or
      ok
    • You will then see a restart button. Click it to restart your computer.
    • When your computer comes back up, sign in and you will now be in "normal mode".
    Let us know the status of the issue. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Anyway to stop programs opening on Windows 10 restart?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Anyway to stop programs opening on Windows 10 restart?

1. Anyway to stop programs opening on Windows 10 restart? - Similar Threads - Anyway stop programs

2. Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to set default volume for new programs in Windows 10?: Is there a way to set a default volume for new programs in Windows 10? I know about volume mixer and how it works but that's not what I'm talking about. I noticed when new programs are installed Windows will default the volume to 100 which if I am not quick and make my way...
  3. Stop Windows from re-opening programs after restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stop Windows from re-opening programs after restart?: I don't want this feature. I've never wanted it. I don't kick my power button by mistake. I have a UPS. I'm responsible enough to save what I'm working on in frequent intervals. I do not experience data loss. I'm sick of Windows opening Excel, my email and browser back up....
  4. Programs suddenly stopped opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs suddenly stopped opening: Hello good day to you, my core i3 laptop recently started acting up. I had been Using zapya and SHAREit programs on my system file sharing programs for a while now. It opens normally without any issue. I use it to transfer files to my iPhone. Suddenly these two programs...
  5. Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anyway to stop the update to be mandatory?: The latest update cause for the most of my apps not to work. submitted by /u/JPysus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvi0a7/is_there_anyway_to_stop_the_update_to_be_mandatory/
  6. Programs stop opening and Windows hangs on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs stop opening and Windows hangs on restart: This issue seems to have been happening to me ever since the new Windows 10 update from a couple months back. I'm currently on Version 1903 with OS Build 18362.418. I cannot find a direct correlation to when it starts happening, but eventually, a number of programs will...
  7. Anyway to stop programs opening on Windows 10 restart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to stop programs opening on Windows 10 restart?: hi folks, Sometimes I probably reatart windows 10 without shutting down some programs like outlook, or my browser, only to find that when I restart these programs also autmatically run again. Is there a way to stop this? Many thanks, joe 117191
  8. Anyway to disable these windows processes/programs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyway to disable these windows processes/programs?: Anyway to disable: microsoft pay/store/photo.exe? I don't use any of these, microsoft content too i'd like to disable. But I only wanna do this if this won't screw with windows update working. I mean I could just rename the folder for some, but unsure if thats the smartest...
  9. Anyway to disable these windows processes/programs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyway to disable these windows processes/programs?: Anyway to disable: microsoft pay/store/photo.exe? I don't use any of these, microsoft content too i'd like to disable. But I only wanna do this if this won't screw with windows update working. I mean I could just rename the folder for some, but unsure if thats the smartest...
  10. Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there anyway to open fullscreen windows by default?: When I open the window or application, it often starts in small windows. Is there any option in Wndows 10 to make system remember that I prefer fullscreen windows from the start? 34261

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i stop files from opening after restart in windows 10

2. stop files from opening after restart in windows 10