Windows 10: AOL?

Discus and support AOL? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife's laptop updated Windows 10 last night and when she logged on her default website is AOL. She put here default site to her normal site but AOL... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Utahborn47, Feb 21, 2016.

1. AOL?

My wife's laptop updated Windows 10 last night and when she logged on her default website is AOL. She put here default site to her normal site but AOL still keeps popping up. Did Microsoft package AOL with the new update? How do I get rid of the AOL. I have been a devoted anti-AOL forever.

:)

Utahborn47, Feb 21, 2016

2. Having annoying issues on Denim for lumia 630

Hey, thanks for responding. After a while I left my phone on my computer, freezing every 15/20 min, ive realised it wasn't going to aolve anything, so I've took a deep breath and did the recovery.

It was such a scary and very annoying lapse, connecting my phone in all the ports ny computer has, because the recovery tool couldn't locate my phone, depiste the fact that my PC did recognize it. I choose the option "devices that wont turn on" and it managed
    to appear on screen. It took like 2/3 hours to download, and when it finished the tool said there was no phone, and I had to refresh the whole process (without the download).

I've managed to get Cyan again and I've recover all the apps and got some new ones in Chinese...

My phone's been working just fine, so I think ill have to stick to this version until some more stable comes up.

Thanks for the help and advices, I really really appreciate that

ParanoicLumia, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Excessive Memory Taken By Emails+Messaging

No. No one can help. This sh** still happens in Windows Mobile 10. I have a Lumia 640 XL only because it's the only phone aold in Brazil that natively supports Windows Mobile 10.

My problem is a little worst. I have right now only the apps installed by factory and can't install an update, because the phone needs at least 739MB in it's internal storage and there's only a few more than 500MB. And email and messages are taking 350MB
    that I don't know where it comes, because I already removed all accounts.

I've been an enthusiast of Windows devices for a long time, but the need to factory reset every time that an update is available is enough. I'll move to iPhone or Android, even not liking them.

RIP WM10

Alexander Severing do Couto, Feb 21, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

AOL?

I think Google bought AOL. Maybe it is in your Google that it pops up. Btw - I have used AOL since day1 and never had to regret it. It is an excellent vehicle for my mail.

5. JohnC Win User
    If she is using Edge as the browser go to the top right hand side of the page and click on the three dots > click on settings at the bottom of the menu and you can select "open with" to what you want. BTW AOL is now owned by Verizon.

JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

AOL?

1. AOL? - Similar Threads - AOL

2. aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails: Hi Aol keeps revamping its email, always for the worse. they now add an image to an any link one copies and pastes. there is the option in the upper right hand corner to remove it after the fact.i was hoping someone here might know how to prevent the image to begin with....
  3. aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails: Hi Aol keeps revamping its email, always for the worse. they now add an image to an any link one copies and pastes. there is the option in the upper right hand corner to remove it after the fact.i was hoping someone here might know how to prevent the image to begin with....
  4. Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender: Hello,I have AOL and someone whom I don't know well sent me an attachment. Is it possible to scan the attachment and/or email with Windows Defender? If I download the attachment to my desktop, I think -- am not sure -- that I can scan it for viruses, but I'm, again,not sure...
  5. Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender

Can I Virus Scan an AOL mail attachment with Windows Defender: Hello,I have AOL and someone whom I don't know well sent me an attachment. Is it possible to scan the attachment and/or email with Windows Defender? If I download the attachment to my desktop, I think -- am not sure -- that I can scan it for viruses, but I'm, again,not sure...
  6. How do I set up a new POP email account with AOL on Outlook 2019?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set up a new POP email account with AOL on Outlook 2019?: I use a Dell Precision M6300 laptop running 32-bit Windows 10 OS. I recently had to change its hard drive and re-install all software on to the new drive, including my properly authorised! copy of Outlook 2019, designated Microsoft Outlook 2019 MSO 16.0.12527.20460 32-bit,...
  7. How do I set up a new POP email account with AOL on Outlook 2019?

How do I set up a new POP email account with AOL on Outlook 2019?: I use a Dell Precision M6300 laptop running 32-bit Windows 10 OS. I recently had to change its hard drive and re-install all software on to the new drive, including my properly authorised! copy of Outlook 2019, designated Microsoft Outlook 2019 MSO 16.0.12527.20460 32-bit,...
  8. How do I set up a new POP email account with AOL on Outlook 2019?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to connect Outlook to my AOL email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect Outlook to my AOL email: How do I connect Outlook to my AOL email Account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-outlook-to-my-aol-email/ed04d7bb-c639-497b-a3fb-5382ae5b7372
  10. How to connect Outlook to my AOL email

How to connect Outlook to my AOL email: How do I connect Outlook to my AOL email Account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-outlook-to-my-aol-email/ed04d7bb-c639-497b-a3fb-5382ae5b7372