Windows 10: AOL?

Discus and support AOL? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My wife's laptop updated Windows 10 last night and when she logged on her default website is AOL. She put here default site to her normal site but AOL... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Utahborn47, Feb 21, 2016.

1. AOL?

My wife's laptop updated Windows 10 last night and when she logged on her default website is AOL. She put here default site to her normal site but AOL still keeps popping up. Did Microsoft package AOL with the new update? How do I get rid of the AOL. I have been a devoted anti-AOL forever.

:)

Utahborn47, Feb 21, 2016

2. Having annoying issues on Denim for lumia 630

Hey, thanks for responding. After a while I left my phone on my computer, freezing every 15/20 min, ive realised it wasn't going to aolve anything, so I've took a deep breath and did the recovery.

It was such a scary and very annoying lapse, connecting my phone in all the ports ny computer has, because the recovery tool couldn't locate my phone, depiste the fact that my PC did recognize it. I choose the option "devices that wont turn on" and it managed
    to appear on screen. It took like 2/3 hours to download, and when it finished the tool said there was no phone, and I had to refresh the whole process (without the download).

I've managed to get Cyan again and I've recover all the apps and got some new ones in Chinese...

My phone's been working just fine, so I think ill have to stick to this version until some more stable comes up.

Thanks for the help and advices, I really really appreciate that

ParanoicLumia, Feb 21, 2016
  3. Excessive Memory Taken By Emails+Messaging

No. No one can help. This sh** still happens in Windows Mobile 10. I have a Lumia 640 XL only because it's the only phone aold in Brazil that natively supports Windows Mobile 10.

My problem is a little worst. I have right now only the apps installed by factory and can't install an update, because the phone needs at least 739MB in it's internal storage and there's only a few more than 500MB. And email and messages are taking 350MB
    that I don't know where it comes, because I already removed all accounts.

I've been an enthusiast of Windows devices for a long time, but the need to factory reset every time that an update is available is enough. I'll move to iPhone or Android, even not liking them.

RIP WM10

Alexander Severing do Couto, Feb 21, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

AOL?

I think Google bought AOL. Maybe it is in your Google that it pops up. Btw - I have used AOL since day1 and never had to regret it. It is an excellent vehicle for my mail.

5. JohnC Win User
    If she is using Edge as the browser go to the top right hand side of the page and click on the three dots > click on settings at the bottom of the menu and you can select "open with" to what you want. BTW AOL is now owned by Verizon.

JohnC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

AOL?

1. AOL? - Similar Threads - AOL

2. Getting notification that AOL accounts are out of date

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting notification that AOL accounts are out of date: Why does Microsoft Windows 10 tell me my AOL accounts are out of date? Why do they want to take over my AOL accounts. They work just fine as is. ***Modified title from: Why does Microsoft want my AOL email. None of their business.***...
  3. Confused - BT/AOL which?

in Browsers and Email
    Confused - BT/AOL which?: Your help would be appreciated. I have a friend who moved earlier this year - up until that time her email address was L: [email protected]. As I understand it, AOL was part of Talktalk at that stage. She moved, and for whatever reason TT were unable to service her new home...
  4. Why does Microsoft want my AOL email. None of their business.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why does Microsoft want my AOL email. None of their business.: Why does Microsoft Windows 10 tell me my AOL accounts are out of date? Why do they want to take over my AOL accounts. They work just fine as is....
  5. Windows 10 Mail App Error Can't Sync to Aol Mail ...how to fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App Error Can't Sync to Aol Mail ...how to fix: I'M SURE U ARE ALREADY SUPER FRUSTRATED LIKE I WAS AT THIS POINT...AFTER SEARCHING AND READING AND FAILED ATTEMPTS AT FIXING THIS SIMPLE ERROR..."NEED TO UPDATE/CHANGED PERMISSION TO ALLOW THIS DEVISE" SO AOL CAN SYNC TO WINDOWS 10 MAIL APP........ WELL....HERE IS THE SIMPLE...
  6. RE. WINDOWS 10 PRO - CAN NO LONGER SEND AOL EMAIL DOCUMENT ATTACHMENTS CONTAINING BOTH...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RE. WINDOWS 10 PRO - CAN NO LONGER SEND AOL EMAIL DOCUMENT ATTACHMENTS CONTAINING BOTH...: Would really appreciate help please am not very technical, I have been told by AOL to change document type have not got a clue what to do. Can someone assist please. Cannot understand why some of my older documents do say doc and later ones say docx? I have sent many such...
  7. AOL email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AOL email: I was typing an email and it disappeared saying "autosaved" but I can't find it anywhere . Looked in drafts, deleted, spam sent, etc. Where is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-email/6b86f33a-d677-46a6-95c1-d7270da8dedc"
  8. How to Increase/change the font size on AOL Desktop Gold?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Increase/change the font size on AOL Desktop Gold?: MAY 30 2019 HOW TO CHANGE SMALL FONTS TO LARGE IN AOL DESKTOP GOLD FOR INTERNET? *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ***Modified the title from AOL DESKTOP GOLD ON INTERNET AND OFF IS TO SMALL***...
  9. AOL DESKTOP GOLD ON INTERNET AND OFF IS TO SMALL

AOL DESKTOP GOLD ON INTERNET AND OFF IS TO SMALL: MAY 30 2019 HOW TO CHANGE SMALL FONTS TO LARGE IN AOL DESKTOP GOLD FOR INTERNET? *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-desktop-gold-on-internet-and-off-is-to-small/a4036c77-50d0-448f-9e1d-2b0a4bbbfa1e
  10. AOL computer checkup

AOL computer checkup: My aol computer checkup software will no open and run. I reinstalled new app and now it does the same thing. Im paying 4.99 a month for this app and I like it. But troubleshooter says it is incompatible. Should I just delete it and close my account or try to fix it?...