Windows 10: AOMEI Backerupper

Discus and support AOMEI Backerupper in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just did a clean install of the latest Win10 and tried to install Backerupper but with the latest (1607) of Win 10 the OS is really tightened up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kipper, Sep 11, 2016.

1. kipper Win User

AOMEI Backerupper

Just did a clean install of the latest Win10 and tried to install Backerupper but with the latest (1607) of Win 10 the OS is really tightened up on installing any software with un-signed drivers.........

My motherboard will not allow turning off of Secure Boot so there is no way around the problem.....

I contacted AOMEI and they said they are going to address this issue with their next update........

Found the same problem with the latest Paragon Backup & Recovery 16........

Looks like MS is going all out with security which I realize is a good thing...........

The latest Macrium Reflect will install which is my number one go to Image software anyways.....

:)

kipper, Sep 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 Update

Many thanks for your speedy reply. Tried to make a new backup using AOMEI backerupper but c drive was not showing up.

Made other checks of insider builds and all was as it should be.

Update status is saying..... " Updates are available.

. Windows 10 Insider Preview 14926.

We found some issues. Select this message to fix and finish updating. "

When I do this it tells me that updates cannot be installed on a USB flash drive.

Will keep the install of 1607 as a fallback position for now.

Again many thanks for taking the time to answer, I do appreciate it.

DavidRClark, Sep 11, 2016
  3. Scoobydu Win User
    Err0r message for backup

Sounds like a good way to go. I'll have to look at OneDrive & AOMEI. Dont think I would be comfortable without a back up for my pictures though. I started copying my C: libraries to my I: Drive as a backup, eventually removing the pictures & videos from
    C: altogether. Got uncomfortable with no backup for them & could not satisfactoraly ever get backup to work. Never had sufficient memory or would lose the drive for whatever reason. Started copying the lobraries to other ex hdd's. Interesting, I downloaded
    AOMEI couple days ago; also bought a 4 tb ex hdd; then decided to give MS backup another go. It's like a death wish I guess. Took almost 10 hours to backup [use usb3 I thought would be faster]. Then ran into the error. Like you, looks like I need a better
    plan. I thought the backup would be easier than copying to other ex hdd's. Thanks again for all the good ideas, now looks like I need to have a plan.

If I switch to the different backerupper Don't suppose the backup I did with MS will be any good??

Scoobydu, Sep 11, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

AOMEI Backerupper

Kipper, are you talking about the insider version of 1607? I have Paragon backup as well as Paragon Hard Disk Manager 15 installed and both work fine. I'm running 1607 14393.105. I don't use AOEMI, so I can't speak to that.

essenbe, Sep 11, 2016
  5. kipper Win User
    Hi Steve

The latest version of Win10 that I downloaded with the media creation tool 2 days ago and when I did the fresh install it did an update via update in settings...........settings show build 1607......

Last month I did a fresh install with the current Win10 build that was available then and installed AOMEI without any problems...

The only paragon program I tried to install on this new install was the new release of Backup and Recovery......

I am thinking that only software that tries to install un-signed drivers to any of the system folders is where the problem is.......

There are some work around methods to get the software installed but you have to disable Secure Boot and then delete some of the keys from withing the secure boot settings in the BIOS.........a lot of work to go through and then loose the advantage of the security of the Secure Boot procedures.......

kipper, Sep 11, 2016
  6. essenbe Win User
    I know you can boot into safe mode without driver enforcement. I've never tried it, so how it would affect Secure Boot, I don't know. It makes no mention of it.

essenbe, Sep 11, 2016
  7. kipper Win User
    Yes.......but once you reboot secure boot is back in play and the software installed while in safe mode will not work..........

I personally will just wait for AOMEI to get the drivers verified and digitally signed with MS.........

Had I known about this happening I would have set the system up for Legacy and just installed Win 10 that way which puts Secure Boot out of the equation..........Oh well, for the sake of security I am going to have to learn how to be patient.........LOL

kipper, Sep 11, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

AOMEI Backerupper

You can still temporarily disable driver enforcement by doing an advanced restart from recovery menus.

Macrium Reflect Free is fine and this is top favourite on this forum - see recent poll.

cereberus, Sep 12, 2016
  9. kipper Win User
    Thanks cereberus

As I mentioned; I have Reflect Pro installed as well as To-Do Backup...........so I am covered.

Just thought I would let others know who might be using AOMEI that with fresh installs they will have to jump through hoops to get it installed until they get their drivers digitally signed.

kipper, Sep 12, 2016
  10. cereberus Win User
    Missed last sentence - was reading on mobile AOMEI Backerupper :).

cereberus, Sep 12, 2016
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

are you really sure you can't turn off secure boot --- this is NOT the same as turning off UEFI.

You might not see it as such in the BIOS menu but there surely is an option similar to "Enable Legacy Boot". There might be a password required also in the BIOS to see the whole menu or an "Advanced settings" selection.

I can't believe that they would make normal laptops so restrictive as that -- and in some cases it could be regarded as illegal if you couldn't load any other OS (for example stand alone restore programs, partition managers, Linux, another version of Windows etc).

Of course thin clients and specific products such as a chromebook are exceptions as these are dedicated devices but a standard laptop which can't disable secure boot -- I've never come across that one and would avoid it like the plague if I did.

(I think even on the latest Surface Pro 4 you can disable protected boot so I'm really surprised that there's no option to switch it off on your computer).

Ideally though if Secure boot is to be useful it should allow external OS'es -- I thought the whole point of secure boot was simply to have in the BIOS microcode (before the OS loads) a check on whether the OS being loaded was "valid" - in this case you really should have no trouble booting known variants of Linux and Backup software such as Macrium.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 12, 2016
  12. kipper Win User
    Hi Jimbo

This is a desktop..........yes, you can set the board to load legacy and install Win that way which will turn off Secure Boot........which would be fine for me since I will not be doing any dual booting.......

However, once you install Win with UEFI then the board no longer will allow simply to turn off Secure Boot..........as I said there are work arounds such as deleting the secure boot keys from within UEFI but that seems like a lot of trouble just to install software like Backerupper when AOMEI will surely be working on getting their drivers registered and signed with MS....

Looking around at this unsigned driver problem coupled with the new processors from AMD and Intel only being available to use with Win 10 it looks to me that MS is really tightening down in all ways to push Win 10 on the masses.........I am not trying to bash MS or AOMEI with this post.........just thought I would put what I found out to the forum in case others find themselves with this situation should they want to use AOMEI or the new Paragon Backup & Restore software.......

As I mentioned Macrium Reflect installs correctly and works perfectly with the latest version of Win10 and that is my main imaging software so I am comfortable........I prefer Backerupper to the other imaging software and would rather use it for my safety blanket and have two images saved with different programs just in case Reflect ever does fail me.........

kipper, Sep 12, 2016
  13. kipper Win User

AOMEI Backerupper

Here is some information from MS on this issue:

Driver Signing changes in Windows 10, version 1607

"Starting with new installations of Windows 10, version 1607, the previously defined driver signing rules will be enforced by the Operating System, and Windows 10, version 1607 will not load any new kernel mode drivers which are not signed by the Dev Portal. OS signing enforcement is only for new OS installations; systems upgraded from an earlier OS to Windows 10, version 1607 will not be affected by this change.

We’re making these changes to help make Windows more secure. These changes limit the risk of an end-user system being compromised by malicious driver software."

I think just for fun I am going to reset my UEFI bios for legacy install on a different drive and see how that works.........Security is smart but I do not think I need MS holding my hand with every step I take in life.........LOL

kipper, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

AOMEI Backerupper

1. AOMEI Backerupper - Similar Threads - AOMEI Backerupper

2. Tried to Merge Unallocated Storage From D: drive to C: With AOMEI Windows PE mode and shows...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tried to Merge Unallocated Storage From D: drive to C: With AOMEI Windows PE mode and shows...: I tried moving just 10GB of free space from my D: Drive to C: Drive cause i needed some space on it. At first i wanted to move it the normal way by deleting the partition and adding the unallocated space to the C: drive, but i didnt want to delete all my files. So i watched a...
  3. Tried to Merge Unallocated Storage From D: drive to C: With AOMEI Windows PE mode and shows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tried to Merge Unallocated Storage From D: drive to C: With AOMEI Windows PE mode and shows...: I tried moving just 10GB of free space from my D: Drive to C: Drive cause i needed some space on it. At first i wanted to move it the normal way by deleting the partition and adding the unallocated space to the C: drive, but i didnt want to delete all my files. So i watched a...
  4. Tried to Merge Unallocated Storage From D: drive to C: With AOMEI Windows PE mode and shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Tried to Merge Unallocated Storage From D: drive to C: With AOMEI Windows PE mode and shows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. I installed AOmei and EaseUS software on my computer and when I tried to do chkdsk using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed AOmei and EaseUS software on my computer and when I tried to do chkdsk using...: I recently installed AOMEI partion and EaseUS partition software on my computer. I tried to use their version of chkdsk to check system files on my computer. Unfortunately they both said they computer cannot be locked so the process has to be done on next reboot. When it did...
  7. I installed AOmei and EaseUS software on my computer and when I tried to do chkdsk using...

I installed AOmei and EaseUS software on my computer and when I tried to do chkdsk using...: I recently installed AOMEI partion and EaseUS partition software on my computer. I tried to use their version of chkdsk to check system files on my computer. Unfortunately they both said they computer cannot be locked so the process has to be done on next reboot. When it did...
  8. I repartitioned my disks with AOMEI and i want to reset the partitions into its original...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I repartitioned my disks with AOMEI and i want to reset the partitions into its original...: I wanted to extend the C disk volume.I take space from the D and made new partition with it, then i moved that partition beside the C and added it to the C.So i want to restor it to the original c volume becouse the battery performance become much lower and PC became slower...
  9. I repartitioned my disks with AOMEI and i want to reset the partitions into its original...

I repartitioned my disks with AOMEI and i want to reset the partitions into its original...: I wanted to extend the C disk volume.I take space from the D and made new partition with it, then i moved that partition beside the C and added it to the C.So i want to restor it to the original c volume becouse the battery performance become much lower and PC became slower...
  10. Backing up with AOMEI Backupper using Windows System Image from recovery Environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backing up with AOMEI Backupper using Windows System Image from recovery Environment: Hi I wanted to ask something since I need to have a paid version of this software to use AOMEI Backup Recovery Environment and I was wondering if I can use the system image backup file I created using the standard Windows Recovery Environmentwhen you use shift+shutdown.On my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my aomei backerupper is not working in windows 10