Windows 10: Aomei Comand Line Functions questions

Discus and support Aomei Comand Line Functions questions in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I know that most everybody here uses Macrium Reflect and so do I, but I'm a disaster recovery freak and also use Aomei for a secondary backup. I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by storageman, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Aomei Comand Line Functions questions

I know that most everybody here uses Macrium Reflect and so do I, but I'm a disaster recovery freak and also use Aomei for a secondary backup. I was using the free backerupper for couple of years now. When I first purchased M.R., I set up several backup command line backups and all has been good, but I also was backing up using Aomei. So Aomei had a sale 2/1 for the same price of single lic and I bought it.

Now I trying to set up command line functions for Aomei. I can perform full backups with my eyes closed, but I can't get the command line function to perform an Incremental backup ! I did talk to Aomei support (via Email) Their time zone is 12 hrs different than mine and have reported this issue I'm having. But this taking a bunch of days with questions and answers going back and forth, so I decided to open this thread.

The Error I'm receiving is "You've entered a wrong command format, please enter /? to check the help.".

The command looks like this: AMBackup /b inc /s "i:\bkup_1\DeskTop\DeskTop.adi" /m 25000

If anybody is familiar with Aomei, chime in. As you can see their error messages are not very informative.

Thanks

:)

storageman, Mar 30, 2018
  2. iSHAK K. Win User

Windows 10 System Image backup failed. Error code (0x80780081)

As said above,delete the EFI and related partitions from the disk which the system image to be stored in.The deletion can be made bye DISKPART comand or more easily with AOMEI Partition software(free).Hope heals!

iSHAK K., Mar 30, 2018
  3. HelenDai Win User
    Windows to go - Windows 10 Pro 1607

I know one named AOMEI Partition Assistant which has a function called "windows to go creator".

HelenDai, Mar 30, 2018
  4. Aomei Comand Line Functions questions

Well I did finally get solution, but not an answer to WHY ! It seems on any function that is to perform any actions (Inc, Diff, etc) on an existing backup, any optional parameters supplied on the command line are flagged as an error.

For example: my incremental backup command

AMBackup /b inc /s "i:\bkup_1\DeskTop\DeskTop.adi" /m 25000

Should be coded as:

AMBackup /b inc /s "i:\bkup_1\DeskTop\DeskTop.adi"

This does work.

storageman, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

Aomei Comand Line Functions questions

1. Aomei Comand Line Functions questions - Similar Threads - Aomei Comand Line

2. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Line Questions: Trying to make a batch file with options to download, unzip & then run the exe file. I know how to download with authentication to a specific location. but how to I unzip as well? is it a separate command? I may have a few questions regarding this batch file I'm writing so if...
  3. run comand

in Windows 10 Customization
    run comand: I clic on start / run and type in regedit. it use to stay there, how do I get that com to stay in there. when I close it wipes out that cmd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-comand/42849a18-85c8-489b-835b-3bc08fa77a2c
  4. Command Line Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Command Line Questions: [img] Sorry, newbie question here... I'm reading the tutorial Customize Command Prompt Colors, but I still don't understand what the "Popup Colors" are. I've never actually seen them. Is it for command prompts launched by an application? Also, does anyone know of a forum...
  5. Is AOMEI BackUpperFull.exe safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is AOMEI BackUpperFull.exe safe?: I recently had my PC technician over to try to backup my pc. He went and got a program called Aomei Backupper. On the site it strangely had the option to download from Cnet so he did. In the end it wasn't to our liking cause it was limited in what it could do so we...
  6. Help needed with AOMEI Backupper

Help needed with AOMEI Backupper: I have just got up the momentum to do a system backup only to find Backupper (Standard) is not showing the C drive. It shows other drives, including the target USB. But it says the program cannot find the system partition. If I try another option it displays all the connected...
  7. Aomei Backupper Pro free

Aomei Backupper Pro free: You can get Aomei Backupper Pro on giveaway. The key given at the link also works for the just released Backupper Pro v4.0.2 Seems to be going to the 8th January. AOMEI Backupper Professional Giveaway 73717
  8. AOMEI Backerupper

AOMEI Backerupper: Just did a clean install of the latest Win10 and tried to install Backerupper but with the latest (1607) of Win 10 the OS is really tightened up on installing any software with un-signed drivers......... My motherboard will not allow turning off of Secure Boot so there is...
  9. Aomei backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Aomei backup: I am trying Aomei backup. When I click on the disc backup it appears that both MBR and C:\ are included but the next step, even after adding the word add, seems to include only C:\. Does anyone know if this invisible MBR is included in the back up? I also would like to ask...
  10. Imaging Question (Macruim & AOMEI)

Imaging Question (Macruim & AOMEI): Hi and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. I was hoping to solicit some opinions in reference to whether or not defragging a HDD can cause a system image to become corrupted. When I create image back ups using both Macrium and AOMEI, I store them on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aomei commandline