Windows 10: Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options

Discus and support Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I just upgraded my motherboard and processor to the 8th gen lineup. With that upgrade, I decided to purchase an Optane drive and a m.2 ssd drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaypels, Aug 21, 2018.

1. jaypels Win User

Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options

Hi!

I just upgraded my motherboard and processor to the 8th gen lineup. With that upgrade, I decided to purchase an Optane drive and a m.2 ssd drive.

This is my plan for my drives

C - OS drive (850 evo)
    D - Crypto wallet (850 pro)
    E - Premier Pro scratch and exporting drive (WD green 120gb)
    F - Crypto wallet (1TB WD blue)
    G - Dropbox drive (1TB Toshiba)
    H - Steam drive (3TB Seagate) - this drive will be cached by optane

Before I upgraded, all the drives (except drive E which is new) can be seen my disk management (please refer to system specs as I have not updated them yet)

Only drives C, F, G, H and the Optane drive can be seen via disk management. Is it possible that I maxed out my sata lanes? I tried reading reviews but could not find any information. The manual is also a little bit confusing.

I checked the bios settings and the sata cables but still I cannot find a solution.

Your inputs are very welcome!

:)

jaypels, Aug 21, 2018
  2. sammy Win User

Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options sandisk-wifi-pendrive-jpg.jpg

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, Aug 21, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 5 and X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming Pictured

GIGABYTE's upcoming flagship socket AM4 motherboard, the X470 Aorus Gaming 7, eclipsed two other models by the company based on the AMD X470 chipset, the X470 Aorus Gaming 5 /WiFi, and the X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, pictured below. The X470 Aorus Gaming 5 has two variants based on the inclusion of a WLAN module. Both boards are based on the same PCB design, but the Gaming 5 is slightly better endowed than the Ultra Gaming. First, the common features. Drawing power from a 24-pin ATX and 8-pin EPS connector, the board features a 11-phase VRM to condition power for the AM4 SoC. A single-phase VRM powers the memory.

Expansion slots include three PCI-Express x16, from which the top two are gen 3.0 and wired to the SoC (x16/NC or x8/x8), while the third slot is gen 2.0 and wired to the X470 chipset. Two gen 2.0 x1 slots make for the rest of the expansion. Storage connectivity includes two M.2 slots, from which the top slot is 32 Gbps, and the bottom one 16 Gbps; and six SATA 6 Gbps ports, from which two come directly from the AM4 SoC. USB connectivity includes eight USB 3.0 ports, and two USB 3.1 ports, from which one is type-C. Gigabit Ethernet powered by Intel i219-V controller, and high-grade onboard audio with Realtek ALC1220 (120 dBA SNR) CODEC, WIMA capacitors, ground-layer isolation, and dual headphones amps, make for the rest of them.

Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options AHqCQZ04pancFGMj_thm.jpg

Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options gNX7Z8QY608Tj0SU_thm.jpg

Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options cJ4qcuM0xoNyjjOk_thm.jpg

Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options lsyr27Lj8Zo5euJB_thm.jpg

What differentiates the Gaming 5 from the Ultra Gaming, are the following:
    • The Gaming 5 features slightly better VRM cooling in the form of a nickel-plated copper heat pipe connecting the two VRM heatsinks. This helps offload some heat generated from the more high-current CPU phases onto the heatsink cooling lower current phases.
    • The rear I/O shroud runs the entire length of the board on the Gaming 5
    • The Gaming 5 features steel reinforcement for both the top two PCI-Express 3.0 x16 and the four DDR4 DIMM slots, while the Ultra Gaming lacks reinforcement for the DIMM slots.
    • The Gaming 5 features LED lighting elements on even the I/O shroud, and the top two PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slots, while the Ultra Gaming lacks it.
    The X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, X470 Aorus Gaming 5, and the X470 Gaming 5 WiFi could occupy three distinct sub-$220 price points.

btarunr, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options

Storage options

Hi,

To help you change your storage preferences, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + I to go to Settings.
    • Click System and select Storage.
    • Under Save locations, you can change where the files, apps and others will go.

Let us know the result to help you further.

Dennis Mop, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options

1. Aorus Gaming Wifi maximum storage options - Similar Threads - Aorus Gaming Wifi

2. Maximum storage capacity SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum storage capacity SD card: What is the maximum storage capacity SD card that will work with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-storage-capacity-sd-card/a9bae132-9705-4e56-a64e-93eed2a557ba
  3. Maximum storage capacity SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum storage capacity SD card: What is the maximum storage capacity SD card that will work with Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximum-storage-capacity-sd-card/a9bae132-9705-4e56-a64e-93eed2a557ba
  4. Aorus Laptop Freezing on Aorus Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Aorus Laptop Freezing on Aorus Logo: Hello, I have an Aorus Laptop that won’t allow me to restart it, I click restart, it turns back on, but freezes on the Aorus logo, it’s causing major issues because I can’t update drivers and such because it crashes on restart. I’ve unplugged everything, factory reset it,...
  5. Aorus Laptop Freezing on Aorus Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Aorus Laptop Freezing on Aorus Logo: Hello, I have an Aorus Laptop that won’t allow me to restart it, I click restart, it turns back on, but freezes on the Aorus logo, it’s causing major issues because I can’t update drivers and such because it crashes on restart. I’ve unplugged everything, factory reset it,...
  6. Aorus Laptop Freezing on Aorus Logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. OneDrive Maximum Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Maximum Storage: I looked at the plans offered for purchased OneDrive storage. The largest I see is 1 TB. Is that the largest, or can I keep purchasing more and more 1 TB chunks? Thank you....
  8. Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video: I just bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo, and combined it with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU; 2X8GB Vengence DDR4 RAM; and a MSI Radeon HD 5450 Direct X 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video card. But what I get, after post, and the Windows logo, is a pixeled display...
  9. Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video

in Windows 10 Support
    Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo video: I just bought a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro WiFi mobo, and combined it with a Ryzen 3 1200 CPU; 2X8GB Vengence DDR4 RAM; and a MSI Radeon HD 5450 Direct X 1 GB 64-Bit DDR3 PCIe 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video card. But what I get, after post, and the Windows logo, is a pixeled display...
  10. Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi PCIE lanes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Z370 Aorus Gaming Wifi PCIE lanes: Hi guys! A quick question. I have a Z370 Gaming Wifi motherboard and I have 2 SSDs, 3 HDDs and an Optane drive installed. I'm planning to purchase a NVME drive to place on the 2nd M.2 slot (bottom slot) but I would like to clarify if it will read the NVME with no problem....