Windows 10: Apache open office question.

Discus and support Apache open office question. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; [img] I tried the OpenOffice forum, but could not find the answer to my question. I'm pretty sure there are some here who use this program, so here... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Fred22, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Fred22 Win User

Apache open office question.

Apache open office question. [​IMG]
    I tried the OpenOffice forum, but could not find the answer to my question. I'm pretty sure there are some here who use this program, so here goes. No matter what I type into the document app, almost everything I type in is indicated as incorrect by the red squigly lines, as you can see from my enclosed screenshot. Does anyone know how I can fix this? I'm using ver. 4.1.2. Can I turn off auto correct or whatever this option is called? Thanks for your assistance.

:)

Fred22, Sep 30, 2016

2. Apache open office

* Merged *

I was hoping to type this list out this evening if at all possible, I would like an answer as quick as possible I have an appointment in the morning and instead of taking all my medications I can take this list I need to type out and print if I get permission
    to do so?

R44#4&C7-7.7, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Apache open office

Hello Microsoft Community, I would like to have permission to use Apache open office to make a list of my medications for my doctor and print it to give to my doctor, do I have permission to do so? Thank you RC

* Moved from Community Participation Center

R44#4&C7-7.7, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Certainly. Uninstall it then go to Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People and download then install LibreOffice, also free but I use it because it will open Microsoft Works or Works Suite files as well as many more formats. I used to use OpenOffice but somewhere along the way got the impression it is no longer being developed. The roots of both programs go back aways, maybe Sun Micro and its Star Office.

Berton, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Fred22 Win User
    I don't want to change word processors....just need to fix this problem. Does anyone know how? Isn't there a way to just disable this option.

Fred22, Sep 30, 2016
  6. Dude Win User
  7. Cliff S New Member
    I don't have Apache( I have Office 365 on desktop, and LibreOffice on my laptop), but do you possibly have any language packs installed in Apache?
    I ask, because, I need spell check for both English & German, and need to be careful which spellchecker/dictionary/thesaurus I use for what ever I'm doing.

Cliff S, Sep 30, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice, and more attention/development is given to it than OO. I second the suggestion by Berton.

simrick, Sep 30, 2016
  9. RolandJS Win User
    Meanwhile, let's try to solve the original question *Smile -- Fred22, have you tried turning off the auto-speller? I used to have the same problem long ago. Now, with auto-speller off, I manually check some documents and make corrections where needed. I actually have both Libre and Open suites installed, both play nicely together just fine.

RolandJS, Oct 1, 2016
  10. Bree New Member
    @Fred22 found one for you...

This (lengthy) thread from some 4 years ago had exactly the same problem. After an interminable list of checking all language settings and dictionaries in all possible locations, the answer was eventually found to be...
    http://ooo-forums.apache.org/en/foru...p?f=15&t=54944

HTH
    I wouldn't know (LibreOffice user here*Smile )

11. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Oct 1, 2016
  12. TairikuOkami, Oct 1, 2016
  13. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there
    @Cliff S

Slightly OT but since you already have Office 365 on your desktop why not install WPS office on your laptop -- this is FREE and almost a total clone of Ms Office - documents are also interchangeable.

The main difference is that in the FREE version the EXCEL equivalent won't run VB macros - but it can still do very complex spreadsheets 100% compatible with Ms EXCEL and there's no email client - but it beats Libre or Open Office by a Universe (and also runs in Linux if anyone is interested). BTW also works on Android phones too for those who read Office / Work documents on your phones.

Multi Language Free Office for PC, Laptop

The PAID version (49 USD one time fee) will soon have email support so I expect FINALLY a decent OUTLOOK clone to appear as email client plus it seems to handle VB too in EXCEL.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2016
  14. Fred22 Win User
    I registered at the O O forum and they solved my problem immediately. They gave me a phrase to copy and paste into my search box which led me to my user name. I changed my user name as instructed, and now O O is working fine. Thanks to all here who responded. I may look in to Libre.

Fred22, Oct 1, 2016
  15. Berton Win User
    You're welcome. I will say that LibreOffice is cross-platform, I use it on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, don't use a SmartPhone so haven't checked if it run on that.

Berton, Oct 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Apache open office question. - Similar Threads - Apache open office

2. Apache Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apache Editor: I am using the Apache Editor and want to print something in landscape. How do it tell it to do that?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apache-editor/0eef8218-6782-4665-bab1-873840da66ab
  3. Apache Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apache Editor: I am using Apache editor and somehow it has become corrupted. Don't ask me how it has become corrupted, but it has. Does anyone know where I can download a fresh copy of Apache editor? ThanksKEN...
  4. Apache Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apache Editor: I run Apache edit and have a problem. I want to take a screen shot of the problem but don't know how to do that. Can some please inform me how to take a screen shot? ThanksKEN...
  5. Apache Open Office with OCR?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apache Open Office with OCR?: I have big problems with my thumbs and therefore I can't write at all or only a little (worn out joints, etc.). On the PC I have Apache Open Office on it, but how can I edit scanned documents with this program to fill in, if it does not work how do I have to do it (free...
  6. Cannot save Apache Open Office files, or create new folder, on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot save Apache Open Office files, or create new folder, on windows 10: I am not able to save files or create new folders ever since getting remote access assistance with canon printer installation. I have installed a new copy of Apache Open Office, and uninstalled the canon printer to try to troubleshoot the problem....
  7. Open Office Question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Office Question: I just joined, so I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I bought a Dell laptop several months ago and my son put Open Office on it for me to use. I am familiar with doing spreadsheets from when I used MS Excel, but now I can't seem to locate on Open Office how to do...
  8. Open Office Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Office Question: I just joined, so I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I bought a Dell laptop several months ago and my son put Open Office on it for me to use. I am familiar with doing spreadsheets from when I used MS Excel, but now I can't seem to locate on Open Office how to do...
  9. Open Office Question

in Windows 10 Support
  10. Apache

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apache: I want to remove Apache from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apache/1e5a4b27-7f29-4fef-8822-97303f74d436