Windows 10: APC Good Customer Service

Discus and support APC Good Customer Service in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just wanted to share a good experience. Last Sunday evening an APC UPS that I had bought in June failed. I called APC the next morning and by a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SoFine409, Nov 9, 2016.

1. SoFine409 Win User

APC Good Customer Service

Just wanted to share a good experience. Last Sunday evening an APC UPS that I had bought in June failed. I called APC the next morning and by a little after noon the next day I had a replacement unit and a prepaid return shipping label. Put the dead unit into the box and dropped it off at the local UPS store. Good customer service APC. BTW this is the first failure that I've experienced with APC ever and I had many units over the years.

:)

SoFine409, Nov 9, 2016

2. UPS support in windows 10 pro

I have the exact same problem and question. There was a UPS service in Win7's Control Panel but it isn't there in Win10. When I try to install APC's Powerchute Personal Edition, it tries to stop the native OS UPS service and since Win10 seems not to have such
    a service, the installation fails.

edouglasjensen, Nov 9, 2016
  3. Did Power Surge Kill It?

Maybe a surge protector would suffice. A good UPS would have a battery inside that must be replaced when it is no longer able hold a charge.

I might add that in my 30 years of looking after customers' PCs I have never had one that suffered surge damage. It is a question of probability: The likelyhood of a surge (with possible damage) vs. the cost of a UPS or surge protector.

Frederik Long, Nov 9, 2016
  4. MEH
    meh Win User

I have two CyberPower UPSs and I've had really good experiences with their support as well. I'm much less happy with the products themselves. One of the two is an OR1500PFCRT2U unit I paid $420 for. I had to get it replaced after 1.5 years. CyberPower was really good about handling the replacement. But now, just over 2 years after that, the replacement unit is acting up. They tell me it needs replacement. My warranty has expired.

5. SoFine409 Win User
    Ouch, sorry to hear about the expired warranty. This is the first time I've had an APC die on me ever and I've been using them for at least 20 years. I have 5 units running, 3 for PCs, one for modem, router, switches, and WAP, and then another for a video security system. So glad mine was under warranty. It was a 1500 unit that cost me $165 at Micro Center. Good price I think.

SoFine409, Nov 9, 2016
  6. MEH
    meh Win User
    Yeah, like hard to believe price (unless it was refurbished).

7. SoFine409 Win User
    Just checked and it was new, the price was $164.99 including tax. The price is now $169.99 (APC 1500VA)

SoFine409, Nov 9, 2016
  8. MEH
    meh Win User

URL please? Sounds like what I'm after. The only APC unit that seemed suitable for me cost much much more than that, though. I need at least 1,000 Watts.

9. SoFine409 Win User
    SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. APC Good Customer Service - Similar Threads - APC Customer Service

2. Customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customer service: My computer was hacked need to speak to someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customer-service/dc9da1d5-54d9-4890-ada6-f632d8135e97
  3. Customer service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customer service: My computer was hacked need to speak to someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customer-service/dc9da1d5-54d9-4890-ada6-f632d8135e97
  4. Customer service?

Customer service?: My hp laptop logged me out, due to a update, and now I am required to login in but I forgot my password. I cannot reset my password because the device I am logged in on for that email verification is the device the update logged me out of. What should I do?I also called the...
  5. Customer Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customer Service: I have been trying to get my laptop out of S Mode since 9am this morning. It is now 3pm. First with HP, now with Microsoft. I have done all the normal steps found in the forums and quick Google searches. I’m currently wiping my laptop and will just have to start from scratch...
  6. Customer Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Customer Service: I have been trying to get my laptop out of S Mode since 9am this morning. It is now 3pm. First with HP, now with Microsoft. I have done all the normal steps found in the forums and quick Google searches. I’m currently wiping my laptop and will just have to start from scratch...
  7. customer service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    customer service: I need to know is there a way to get in touch with a person at Microsoft. My mother is having this problem trying to login to her computer for about two months now and we can't figure it out. If I could talk to a human we could fix it in five minutes. I've read all the...
  8. customer service

customer service: I need to know is there a way to get in touch with a person at Microsoft. My mother is having this problem trying to login to her computer for about two months now and we can't figure it out. If I could talk to a human we could fix it in five minutes. I've read all the...
  9. customer service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Customer Service

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Customer Service: I have a desktop linked up to an old Microsoft account that we no longer have access to. The desktop has updated itself and is asking for the password to this old account. The only options it gives me is to send an email to this same account I cannot access. Ive called 3...