Windows 10: Apostrophes showing up as & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces)

Discus and support Apostrophes showing up as & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All of a sudden for the past week or so, whenever I type an apostrophe anywhere like on youtube comments it shows up with as this code instead & # 3 9... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ClaudiaThompson, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Apostrophes showing up as & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces)

All of a sudden for the past week or so, whenever I type an apostrophe anywhere like on youtube comments it shows up with as this code instead & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces)

http://www.countrymanordesigns.com/S...postrophes.jpg

There you can see if you click the link, that if I go on youtube and read peoples comments it DISPLAYS apostrophes as a code like & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces). It is a screenshot.

And if I try to type an apostrophe, it does the same thing.

So I think it has nothing to do with my keyboard. I discovered that today when I was reading somebodys comment. Could it have something to do with the language pack thing on my computer? I am from America but living in the UK, I have UK keyboard. On my desktop tray thing it is set on UK keyboard. It was fine till the other day and it just started doing this out of the blue.

Can anyone please help me with this? It us a real pain because whenever I type a comment or whatever, I can no longer use apostrophes.

Thank you.

:)

ClaudiaThompson, Nov 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 keeps swapping my keyboard layout

I have managed to delete the US keyboard from my Windows 10 setup, but I still have this very strange problem when I try to use inverted commas or apostrophes. For example if I type the word orange in inverted commas I get:

örange

or using apostrophes

órange

However if I type the word windows:

"windows

apostrophes:

'windows

So it doesn't do it on every character, only some like the letter o.

If I want inverted commas I can hit space after hitting the inverted comma key and that works, so inverted comma <space> orange <inverted comma> <space> works:

"orange"

See how the inverted commas didn't show up after I typed windows? It'll only show up if I hit space, or a letter than doesn't turn into something accented.

Here's my current language setup:

Apostrophes showing up as & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces) [​IMG]

juzdownunder, Nov 24, 2015
  3. WP7 softkey doesn't have the '`' character which is one of the char in my Hotmail password. How can I sign in without renew my password?

If you press & hold the apostrophe key, the key will extend out to show 4 different versions to choose from. Do you find the version you need when you do that?

Julie fka profjulie, Nov 24, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

Apostrophes showing up as & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces)

batlhilz, Nov 24, 2015
  5. Thank you so much, I will try to work on this today and get back to you on it! *Smile

ClaudiaThompson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Apostrophes showing up as & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces)

1. Apostrophes showing up as & # 3 9 ; (without the spaces) - Similar Threads - Apostrophes showing without

2. my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my apostrophe key is giving me è instead of an apostrophe: I am getting è instead of an apostrophe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apostrophe-key-is-giving-me-%C3%A8-instead-of/c6211cb8-ce7c-4d44-8cef-2cde0d5ee6b7
  3. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter: I am using Windows 10 version 21H2 Build 19044.1645, I am living in Australia and my computer has a US keyboard.I had this problem in the past and fixed it but the problem has returned. Previously in Settings > Language, I clicked on "English Australia" selected "Options",...
  4. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter: I am using Windows 10 version 21H2 Build 19044.1645, I am living in Australia and my computer has a US keyboard.I had this problem in the past and fixed it but the problem has returned. Previously in Settings > Language, I clicked on "English Australia" selected "Options",...
  5. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Thunderbolt 3 no longer showing up in systray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thunderbolt 3 no longer showing up in systray: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HFSGV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m7vruo/thunderbolt_3_no_longer_showing_up_in_systray/
  7. 3 different BSODs in 9 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 different BSODs in 9 days: Hi, Starting in 21/12 and ending in 30/12 I had 3 different blue screens of death. Blue Screen view said this about them: 1.ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+595ec2 fffff805`4d600000fffff805`4e646000 0x01046000 0xc129b808 9/10/2072 2:39:36 PM 0x0000012b 2.ntoskrnl.exe...
  8. Asphalt 9 without Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asphalt 9 without Microsoft Store: Is it possible to download asphalt 9 without microsoft store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asphalt-9-without-microsoft-store/061eb1e0-09bd-4031-af15-3b85456ce901
  9. Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apostrophes and double quotes don't show up until I type the next letter: Solution: For Windows 10, the fix from control panel did not work. I have to use "Settings" -> "Region & Language". Then, selecting on the language -- in my case, EN(UK) -- gave me the options button to go to "Language Options" where Keyboards can be changed; in my case, add...
  10. Update without space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update without space: Hello, I have my Banghó Cloud Pro (32 G) with no space to install the 1803 update. How can I do it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-without-space/7cc6beda-2530-45c8-95c9-3937d1cdfc7d