Windows 10: App doesnt open through a batch file

Discus and support App doesnt open through a batch file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Chaps... I have a desktop running with a few apps 24/7 feeding to a network, on the rare occasion it drops or restarts due to some update or power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Skoshi, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Skoshi Win User

App doesnt open through a batch file

Chaps...

I have a desktop running with a few apps 24/7 feeding to a network, on the rare occasion it drops or restarts due to some update or power outage I thought I could write a simple batchfile just to restart everything automatically.

Problem is 1 app refuses to start, the app itself is in c:\program files (x86)\ and that seems to be the issue. Error message I get is "cannot find c:\program"

path for the app is...

C:\Program Files (x86)\COAA\PlanePlotter\PlanePlotter.exe

the other 2 apps open fine (but they are not pathed to (x86). am I going daft or missed something simple?

any help welcome....
    (Win 10 64 bit all updted)

tyvm...

:)

Skoshi, Dec 7, 2015

2. microsoft should make a store app for just batch files or vbs scripts and software

so I was thinking people could make help full batch files that will help people so they do not have to do a lot of typing to fix their pc .

We all know that batch files are very powerful scripts. SO if you can use the batch files and vbs to help others all the batch files should be free. This could help millions of people or get people to start making batch files to . I want this to happen .and
    apply the new store app so it comes through an update not get it from the store.

PeterTjapkes, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Error code local user bx06de4897 md9858 product key missing virus

Thanks,

I'm going through the steps but running into the problem of not being able to open the batch file I downloaded.

I've double clicked on it and right clicked to open it but no dice.

JoeBillHill, Dec 7, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

you have to put quote " " around the path cmd in your .bat fie..

"C:\Program Files (x86)\COAA\PlanePlotter\PlanePlotter.exe"

you can not have spaces in cmd wording without using quotes ( the path halts at the first space ) thus ( C:\Program )

Kyhi, Dec 7, 2015
  5. Superfly Win User
    Kyhi is 100% correct.

...but why not use Powershell... it's more dynamic - eg: envApp doesnt open through a batch file :programFiles(x86) + whatever path...

Superfly, Dec 7, 2015
  6. Skoshi Win User
    tyvm chaps i'll give it a go

Skoshi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. App doesnt open through a batch file - Similar Threads - App doesnt open

2. Starting batch file only opens command prompt versus running the batch file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting batch file only opens command prompt versus running the batch file?: I'm trying to run one batch file, then another. Instead of running the 2nd batch file, it just opens another black screened command prompt with the name of the batch file as the first line in the command prompt? Any ideas why?...
  3. Starting batch file only opens command prompt versus running the batch file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Starting batch file only opens command prompt versus running the batch file?: I'm trying to run one batch file, then another. Instead of running the 2nd batch file, it just opens another black screened command prompt with the name of the batch file as the first line in the command prompt? Any ideas why?...
  4. Batch file screen does not open with sidebar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Batch file screen does not open with sidebar: I created a User Manual option in my batch file. It happens that when the screen of this Manual opens, a sidebar does not appear so that all content can be viewed. The screen opens and goes to the end of the Manual, losing the information from the beginning because there is...
  5. Batch Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  6. Batch Files

Batch Files: How do i make it that my batch file puts itself in to startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-files/6156404d-20d4-4f58-bee5-14629dbf7b10
  7. Create batch files with Batch?

Create batch files with Batch?: How to create Batch and VBS files with Batch? So I write a batch file which I then convert to exe that creates new folders in a certain directory and then creates batch and VBS files with a certain content and saves them in the created folder. So it's similar to a program...
  8. Batch File doesn't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Batch File doesn't open: The title is pretty self explanatory. When I double click the batch file, a program tries to open in the taskbar and it quickly disappears as well. When I run it as an administrator, it asks me, "Allow command processor to change blah blah blah". I click yes, and then the...
  9. Batch Numbering Files through Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Batch Numbering Files through Powershell: Hello, I'm trying to come up with a solution through Powershell that batch numbers files at the beginning of a file name without interrupting the rest of the file name. For example: Current File Names: John Smith.pdf Abel Anderson.pdf Mary Trinity.pdf ..... Rocky...
  10. Opening Sticky Notes through a batch file

Opening Sticky Notes through a batch file: Hi, I am seeing if it is possible to make a batch file that opened sticky notes, and edited them? It would be helpful if you could, thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-sticky-notes-through-a-batch-file/bea4fc4e-f3b0-4146-b8b5-2062b4ace3dc