Windows 10: App download size keeps growing

Discus and support App download size keeps growing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to re download Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, but after the download reached the app's size, the app just keeps on downloading and the size... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TravisStremkowski, Aug 27, 2018.

1. App download size keeps growing

I wanted to re download Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, but after the download reached the app's size, the app just keeps on downloading and the size of the app follows with it. As of right now, the app's size went from around 50 gb to 115 gb and I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated

:)

TravisStremkowski, Aug 27, 2018

2. Task Bar growing in size

I have the same issue...

I keep making the taskbar small and it keeps growing again. Is there any way to stop it?

Locking the task bar doesn't stop it changing size.

Jells00001, Aug 27, 2018
  3. windows.edb keeps growing to huge file size.

Hi Jay,

This issue that occurs on windows.edb’s file size keeps growing is being discussed on Microsoft Technet forum site. We suggest that you post your queries related to the said concern on this
    thread. Technet users are
    consists mostly of Microsoft’s professional IT experts which can address the concern better.

If you have other queries, don’t hesitate to ask.

Arthur Rui, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Leecb Win User

App download size keeps growing

windows.edb keeps growing to huge file size.

Running Windows 10 ver 1511. The windows.edb file keeps growing. There is almost nothing installed and only 21,300 files to index, but every day it gets a little bigger. Currently 12gigs. Rebuilding seems to work, but again as the days pass, it just gets
    bigger.

The size is in the half gig range after a rebuild and it completes its indexing. But each day it grows more, I assume when the indexer updates.

Any thoughts.....

Thanks.

Original Title: Huge windows.edb file

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Leecb, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

App download size keeps growing

1. App download size keeps growing - Similar Threads - App download size

2. Why does my OneDrive Account Keep Growing In Size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my OneDrive Account Keep Growing In Size?: I only use my Microsoft for emailhotmail. I have had this account for many years, but the emails are not large.I noticed yesterday that my account storage limit was reached. I started deleting emails with large attachments. However, the size of my account kept getting larger...
  3. Why does my OneDrive Account Keep Growing In Size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my OneDrive Account Keep Growing In Size?: I only use my Microsoft for emailhotmail. I have had this account for many years, but the emails are not large.I noticed yesterday that my account storage limit was reached. I started deleting emails with large attachments. However, the size of my account kept getting larger...
  4. Taskbar growing in size Resolved

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar growing in size Resolved: I was having this problem where my taskbar would continue to move upwards on my screen whenever I opened a new program. I had checked this thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-growing-in-size/32a4f70c-da97-476d-9f4e-dc00e18072be for an answer,...
  5. System Files Grow in size when I download something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Files Grow in size when I download something: My laptop has 256gb of ssd storage. My main partition 'C:Windows' has 215gb available. When observing storage it says that windows' system files take up 47.8 gb and that system and reserved takes up 65.3 as a whole. Already this is a lot compared to the size of storage I have...
  6. Sea of Thieves download size grows and never completes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of Thieves download size grows and never completes.: I started downloading the game yesterday, fell asleep, and woke up to find it bloating far beyond its original file size. I've restarted, reset, redownloaded, deleted cache, checked for updates, asked several live customer service agents, used the troubleshooting tool,...
  7. WaasMedic file keeps growing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WaasMedic file keeps growing: Simple question: Why is my WAASMEDIC file growing every single time I log on to my computer? It started out in the KB realm, but has now reached 5.93 MB. I know this isn't a huge bite of space, but if it keeps growing at this pace, then it will be soon. Anyone?...
  8. System and Reserved Keeps Growing.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    System and Reserved Keeps Growing.: Hi, So I'm posting here because I have yet to find a thread with an actual solution to this problem online. I've seen other folks ask about this question, and so far, no real solutions. My concern is that the system and reserved folder on windows 10 seems to grow at an...
  9. Registry Backup File Size Is Growing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Registry Backup File Size Is Growing: I've backed up my registry twice recently, and I noticed a huge difference in the size of the backup file. Two days ago, the backup I created was 18,066 KB. The one I created this morning is 247,691 KB. Should I be concerned about this, and, if so, what can I do about it? 29317
  10. Size of Win 10 Installation seems to be growing

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of Win 10 Installation seems to be growing: The space used on C:\ for Win 10 seems to be growing for no apparent reason. I started out with about 35 GB used and am now up to 50 GB used. I have added no software, but done all updates. The Windows folder size is 20.5 GB, just about what it always has been. I have a...