Windows 10: App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

Discus and support App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ticoneva, Oct 15, 2015.

1. ticoneva Win User

App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a little application and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar.

Features:
    • Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.

You can download the application here.

:)

ticoneva, Oct 15, 2015

2. nook on windows 10

Easy fix for NOOK app on Windows 10

To center your view for Windows 10 users: 1. AUTO-HIDE THE TASKBAR by right clicking on the taskbar, click Properties, check Auto-hide the taskbar, and click Apply. 2. Switch to TABLET MODE by swiping on the right side of your screen to the left, then touch
    Tablet Mode. 3. Open the NOOK app.

Perfect alignment both vertically and horizontally.

Happy reading.

Nook Windows 10 solution, Oct 15, 2015
  3. AlanEPi Win User
    set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only
    in tablet mode?

Thanks!

Alan

AlanEPi, Oct 15, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Or you can just enable auto-hide in all situations, if you don't mind. To do so, right-click on the taskbar and select Properties. Then check the auto-hide box and click OK.

spapakons, Oct 18, 2015
Thema:

1. App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation - Similar Threads - App auto hiding

2. Auto-hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  3. Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode"

Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode": New to Windows. When I'm using apps like Excel, the taskbar intrudes into the workspace. I want it to hide itself until I need it, i.e. until I cursor to it to being it out. I have taskbar setting set to automatically hide the taskbar....
  4. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  5. Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.

in Windows 10 Support
    Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.: I get the impression there is no answer to this, but just in case i`m missing something... On a windows 10 tablet (i.e. surface go) I like the task bar in 10 to auto hide, in order that applications enjoy a full screen experience with zero clutter from the task bar. Its a...
  6. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?: Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode? Thanks! Alan ...
  7. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  8. Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show App Icons on Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you don't want to use a...
  9. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you...
  10. Auto hide taskbar problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto hide taskbar problems: My taskbar (desktop mode) would not hide. I created a virtual desktop (Windows key + Ctrl +d) just to see what that is. Now auto hide works in both desktops*Smile 28317