Windows 10: App for scheduled countdown timer?

Discus and support App for scheduled countdown timer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm wondering whether there is an app for a countdown timer that will run every day at schedule times (i.e. a countdown timer for how many work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TimeElton, May 25, 2017.

1. TimeElton Win User

App for scheduled countdown timer?

Hi,

I'm wondering whether there is an app for a countdown timer that will run every day at schedule times (i.e. a countdown timer for how many work hours are left). I wasn't able to find anything in the store and the default Alarms & Clock app doesn't have a way to schedule timers to run. Is there any app I'm missing or maybe I can use some kind of scheduled task?

Thank you so much!

:)

TimeElton, May 25, 2017

2. Windows 10 reservation icon missing from taskbar after windows update patch KB3055343

is this KB3055343 the windows reservation update? if I remove it will the pop up countdown schedule stop? I already had windows 10, reverted back to windows 8.1, had to hide the updates for windows 10, over & over again, still every 3 days...I continue
    to get that pop up reservation scheduled countdown to windows 10, for a countdown of 60 mins, restarts my pc, then the pop up again for 60 mins, around & around I go....I just want to remain with my windows 8.1, and not bother anymore with the windows 10 again....how
    to do this?

ldelvalleyCunniffe, May 25, 2017
  3. Add countdown timer in WP7 OS?

I use to have a Nokia 3700 before to swap it with a HTC HD7.

I use the countdown timer a lot, but in WP7 there are no build-in countdown or stopwatch.

I find some App in the Marketplace but I don't have any notification if the App is not visible (sleeping).

So for the moment - I have to use the Alarm instead and calculate when I need to be notify... Ennoying

In next the update, is MS plan to add a countdown timer in OS? Is shouldn't be that complicated!

franky T 79, May 25, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, I'm wondering why are you relying solely on the Store?

There are thousands - millions perhaps- of freeware and commercial programs out there that are not apps. Or do you only need something that runs in a tile, for example? I sometimes wonder whether the introduction of universal apps and the Store will lead people - especially newcomers- to forget Windows can be used entirely without the store, its Start Menu, and universal apps...

Here are some lists of freeware programs:

List of Best Free Countdown Timers
    Best Free Timer and Alarm Clock | Gizmo's Freeware

dalchina, May 25, 2017
  5. TimeElton Win User
    Yeah, I like apps since I imagine they run in a sandboxed environment using some sort of sdk, but that might not be true. I've never tried windows development.

I'll take a look at the stuff you listed.

TimeElton, May 26, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Things unique to apps might be
    - syncing
    - tile on the start menu
    - Windows spell check applies
    - validated- should be safed

Their basis of installation is entirely different - independent of the registry.

From Windows 95 to date 1000s of authors and companies have written millions of programs which are installed in the traditional way. Given their maturity in many cases, downloading from a reputable site should be safe, and their functionality can be greater than newer apps.

Indeed some more complex programs are only available as traditional installed programs with exe and dll files, for example.

dalchina, May 27, 2017
  7. I would try Tucows or CNET for a start. I've downloaded safely from Tucows many times over the years. But like was said above, there are plenty of app sites around to down load from besides M$. If you are worried about safety, download to your desktop, right click and scan with your virus protection, if you have that action.

Fisher Mann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. App for scheduled countdown timer? - Similar Threads - App scheduled countdown

2. YouTube Desktop App Countdown Timer 12:59 PM to 1:00 PM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YouTube Desktop App Countdown Timer 12:59 PM to 1:00 PM: YouTube Desktop App Countdown 12:59 PM to 1:00 PM YouTube Desktop App Goodbye YouTube App Goodbye Running All Places Sports Goodbye Smart Home Alexa Bixby Siri Google Assistant Ask Assistant Goodbye Bank Kiosk Screen Powers Goodbye Kiosk Screen Powers...
  3. YouTube Desktop App Countdown Timer 12:59 PM to 1:00 PM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YouTube Desktop App Countdown Timer 12:59 PM to 1:00 PM: YouTube Desktop App Countdown 12:59 PM to 1:00 PM YouTube Desktop App Goodbye YouTube App Goodbye Running All Places Sports Goodbye Smart Home Alexa Bixby Siri Google Assistant Ask Assistant Goodbye Bank Kiosk Screen Powers Goodbye Kiosk Screen Powers...
  4. YouTube Desktop App Countdown Timer 12:59 PM to 1:00 PM

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Xamarin.Forms Android Background Timer not firing on Schedule

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xamarin.Forms Android Background Timer not firing on Schedule: I have this piece of code that works in Background even when app is not in Foreground and with screen off. However, one-minute periodic timer does not track real time. I have tried using this code to run from a Foreground Service but same problem. I have excluded the app from...
  6. Xamarin.Forms Android Background Timer not firing on Schedule

Xamarin.Forms Android Background Timer not firing on Schedule: I have this piece of code that works in Background even when app is not in Foreground and with screen off. However, one-minute periodic timer does not track real time. I have tried using this code to run from a Foreground Service but same problem. I have excluded the app from...
  7. Solitaire collection ads are slowing down in the last 10 seconds and countdown timer does...

Solitaire collection ads are slowing down in the last 10 seconds and countdown timer does...: My SO is having issues with the video ads slowing down before her daily challenges. They play fine until the last 10 seconds, then they slow down to an unbearable speed. We have already tried to reset it in settings, but that did not fix the issue. Also, it appears the that...
  8. Countdown timer Overlay

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Countdown timer Overlay: Is there a way to give a visual countdown that overlays over other applications? I have been using the family safety settings to limit screen time. My only issue is that it does not warn the user prior to the program simply shutting off. If there is not something built into...
  9. SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm

SCHEDULED Pop Up Countdown Timer - Alarm AND Countdown & SECOND Alarm: ***NOT LOOKING FOR ORDINARY COUNTDOWN TIMER!!** I'm looking for a countdown timer that I can SCHEDULE at set times during the week/day and have it pop up up and give an alarm, AND countdown for a the number of minutes I set and do a SECOND ALARM. I want both alarms to be...
  10. Is there a simple countdown app I can have on my taskbar to countdown to a certain date?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a simple countdown app I can have on my taskbar to countdown to a certain date?: First of all, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask - I’ve been wondering about this for a few days and have no idea where else to ask about it. I’m looking for some sort of program that’ll show a countdown timer on my taskbar (or somewhere else non-intrusive, but...