Windows 10: App freezes and on restart, files in app gone

Discus and support App freezes and on restart, files in app gone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was reading an ebook on Freda, but the app froze and I restarted the tablet. When reopening the app, all the books were gone and bookmarks missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by smalls102k7, Jul 6, 2018.

1. App freezes and on restart, files in app gone

I was reading an ebook on Freda, but the app froze and I restarted the tablet. When reopening the app, all the books were gone and bookmarks missing when I readd the books. System restore did nothing. Is there a folder location that the data is saved in? It says there is nearly 1 GB of data, but i the WindowsApp folder there's only 30 mb so there must be another location.

:)

smalls102k7, Jul 6, 2018
  2. monim1 Win User

EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Widjaja Win User
    PC freezing when loading apps and copying files after cold boot.

Freezes with settings at default.
    My system can go on for stress testing with Orthos for hours with everything at stock and overclocked.
    Did 8 passes in Memtest86+ overclocked and stock.

If I open up any big app within about three minutes of running the PC after shutting it down for a night, it's almost guaranteed the app will freeze the system.

Widjaja, Jul 6, 2018
  4. DigitalUK Win User

App freezes and on restart, files in app gone

How to make patch-able apps

because the installer is a seperate exe.

crude way of doing it, your app checks a file online for latest version of your app and compares it to the version number running, if update is need your app downloads the update installer, once the update has finished downloading your app runs the update installer and closes your main app. update installer runs all updated restart your app.

DigitalUK, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

App freezes and on restart, files in app gone

1. App freezes and on restart, files in app gone - Similar Threads - App freezes restart

2. My apps are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My apps are gone: All of the Windows apps, aside from Teams and Outlook, are gone. I am a student, and I use my student email for everything. I need the apps back because now I am not able to do any work. I checked everywhere, and no, they are nowhere on this laptop....
  3. My apps are gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My apps are gone: All of the Windows apps, aside from Teams and Outlook, are gone. I am a student, and I use my student email for everything. I need the apps back because now I am not able to do any work. I checked everywhere, and no, they are nowhere on this laptop....
  4. Pinned apps gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  5. Pinned apps gone

Pinned apps gone: I have apps pinned in my taskbar but I cant see them at all. When you put the mouse in the taskbar you can see the name of the app indicating that it is there but the icon is missing. You can also click the app and it will open without problem. I restart the PC and still no...
  6. Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps, Games, Pictures, And Other Files Gone: Today, I logged into my windows account to be greeted with a default windows background instead of my background that I previously put there, also most of the apps I had installed were gone, as well as all pictures, and files were gone. I also couldn't open Microsoft store....
  7. Apps are gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps are gone: My special needs daughter uses her NextBook tablet mainly to play off-line games and watch U-Tube videos. When she went to turn on the tablet yesterday, all her apps were gone, or I should say the screen came up blank. In looking at the "All programs" list, all the programs...
  8. Files gone and Apps not launching.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gone and Apps not launching.: Two days ago, my desktop froze, so I turned it off manually (via power button). When I turned it back on, it took a long time, and on the sign in screen, it said "Preparing Windows". Then after it told me I needed to log out of the account. When I logged out and logged back...
  9. apps gone, background gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps gone, background gone: I have lost my apps and my background screen is now black. The start menu doesn't work, the task view doesn't work, microsoft edge doesnt work (dialog box states "class not registered" I have no idea what to do...
  10. Photo app is gone

Photo app is gone: Hi, every one l have laptop works on windows 10, when l lunched the windows l make all update setting off but the problem is from day to day the windows makes update by it self (Automatic) even l switch off all update setting and there is application that run my photo but...