Windows 10: App icons on start up screen moved. How do I move them back

Discus and support App icons on start up screen moved. How do I move them back in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All installed apps on my pc were shown as icons with description in a docking bar on the left side my start screen when I left clicked the windows icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deemby, Oct 16, 2016.

1. deemby Win User

App icons on start up screen moved. How do I move them back

All installed apps on my pc were shown as icons with description in a docking bar on the left side my start screen when I left clicked the windows icon on my taskbar. Now when I click that icon, I just get two icons at top left "pinned apps" and "all apps". When I click on "all apps", the icons and their decriptions are superimposed over my entire screen. Can anyone tell me how I can put the icons back where they were? When I try to use the snipping tool to explain, the icons disappear

:)

deemby, Oct 16, 2016
  2. Julijac Win User

App Icons

All of my App Icons have moved from the bottom of my screen to the right hand side (outlook, chrome, skype folders etc). I want them back at the bottom of my screen - how do I move them?

Julijac, Oct 16, 2016
  3. Desktop

I have Windows 10 on my desktop PC. I have difficulty with multiple issues pertaining to shortcuts, taskbar and start menu. I moved several app shortcuts to my taskbar, but now I would like to move some of them back to start list. My questions are as
    follows:

1) How do I move apps from tiles to start list and eliminate tiles altogether? I do not have touch screen.

2) How can I move shortcuts from taskbar to start list or desktop?

TedBilotta, Oct 16, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 16, 2016
  5. deemby Win User
    All back to as before, and so simple to fix. Thank you very much

deemby, Oct 17, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. App icons on start up screen moved. How do I move them back - Similar Threads - App icons start

2. Move settings back to start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Move settings back to start: I think this happened on a update.In the start section, I would get power, file explorer, and Settings.My settings has been moved elsewhere or deleted the button-but not the actual settings.So how does one put it back on the start?Sometimes I cannot think of the name settings...
  3. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  4. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back: Hi Everyone,I recently tried moving all my photos to OneDrive over 50gb and the files all seem to have moved. OneDrive is trying to sync the files.However, I didn't realize that the files would be removed from my library. I want to move my photos back to my library. When I...
  5. Moved files to OneDrive, can't move them back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Desktop icons move on start-up

Desktop icons move on start-up: I use a multi-monitor 2 set up in which the monitors can work together or independently. About one third of the desktops is covered by icons for applications or files/folders I use frequently. These icons are grouped into clusters based on subject matter to help me find them....
  7. My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen

My icons moved off screen and I can't bring them back to my main screen: I have 3 monitors and my icons got moved around after startup. The issue isn't with this but it's what led to the problem. I was moving everything back to where they were before and everything from the 3 monitors got moved off screen. It's acting like a tablet and I want...
  8. Desktop icons move after start up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons move after start up: [ATTACH] Since the latest 2004 update this happens. I only have two icons on my desktop being 'This PC' on the top left corner and below it the recycle bin. They keep moving to the position in the attached photo after every restart. I have 'align to grid' checked and...
  9. how do I move an app icon to the desktop

how do I move an app icon to the desktop: How do I move an app icon to the desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-move-an-app-icon-to-the-desktop/21148c2a-8086-46a1-b9d6-505c6aa62616
  10. Desktop Icons move on start up

Desktop Icons move on start up: For a couple of weeks now (after windows 10 update, and still after the most recent update) every time I restart the computer, my desktop icons are rearranged on the desktop. All icons which I have arranged on the right side of the screen get moved and re-arranged to other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my taskbare will not show windows icons

2. move icons from taskbarto start up screen

3. how do i move all the apps from the middle of the start screen to the left edge