Windows 10: App installer update

Discus and support App installer update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Probably a dumb question but I went into store to my usual manual check for app updates. One popped up that I have never seen before 'app installer'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 8, 2016.

1. App installer update

Probably a dumb question but I went into store to my usual manual check for app updates. One popped up that I have never seen before 'app installer' update. It obediently updated without drama but I didn't see it in my start menu afterwards. What does it do? I presume it relates to store apps being updating just as the name implies - or is there more to it than that?

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 8, 2016
  2. KS-Wales Win User

Windows Update Standalone Installer Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002 The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found

Many thanks for the advice, I ran the installation in compatibility mode as suggested, there was no Windows 10 in the drop down menu, I tried Windows 7 as this was the last time it worked, the installation of the videowalander failed on all three attempts.

I've now ordered the Windows 10 compatible version.

Thanks again.

KS-Wales, Aug 8, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

App installer update

Theres an article about it here.

swarfega, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

App installer update

1. App installer update - Similar Threads - App installer update

2. Microsoft store is not installing and updating apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store is not installing and updating apps.: Hi Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently facing an issue with the Microsoft Store where app installations and updates are not progressing. Despite waiting for almost an hour, an app is still stuck in the "pending" status. Also, other apps are...
  3. Microsoft store is not installing and updating apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store is not installing and updating apps.: Hi Microsoft Community,I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently facing an issue with the Microsoft Store where app installations and updates are not progressing. Despite waiting for almost an hour, an app is still stuck in the "pending" status. Also, other apps are...
  4. Microsoft store is not installing and updating apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant update and install apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant update and install apps: Trying to fix this MS Store cant install any apps or even updating it. Getting error 0x8007005. Tried to re sign in to Store but no go. Even tried reset and troubleshooter says it fixed it then I restarted the PC still the same....
  6. Cant update and install apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update and install apps: Trying to fix this MS Store cant install any apps or even updating it. Getting error 0x8007005. Tried to re sign in to Store but no go. Even tried reset and troubleshooter says it fixed it then I restarted the PC still the same....
  7. Cant update and install apps

8. Can't install or update store apps

Can't install or update store apps: They all display error 0x800706d9 . I've read it could be related to Windows Firewall. What I have done: . Microsofr Fixit (for Store and apps ) . Restarted Firewall, bits, wupdate and cryptographic services . Lookup events log Depósito con errores , tipo 0...
  9. Apps ready in Store to be installed and updated

Apps ready in Store to be installed and updated: Had 3 Apps in Store today ready to be installed and updated Microsoft Photo Microsoft Phone Films & TV All went in ok No restart needed 45599
  10. Windows App Studio Update: Installer companion app

in Windows 10 News
    Windows App Studio Update: Installer companion app: If you’ve used Windows App Studio before, you know that it’s an easy-to-use tool for building Windows apps. You also know that the sideloading and installation process has been a bit complex by comparison, since it required running PowerShell scripts and deploying a...