Windows 10: App previews.

Discus and support App previews. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just really don't know how to explain, but the app previews when we hover around the app has turned into a rectangular bar with text only, no window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebaduttaMoahapatra, Jul 20, 2018.

1. App previews.

I just really don't know how to explain, but the app previews when we hover around the app has turned into a rectangular bar with text only, no window preview. Can anyone assist me how to restore it to the way it looked previously. App previews. ada8c948-d4b7-400b-a84b-8801f8c4bb8e?upload=true.png

:)

DebaduttaMoahapatra, Jul 20, 2018

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

App previews.

Preview pane not functional / causing system issues

Hi,

We can see here that you're having an issue with using the preview pane for File Explorer. Since using the preview pane affects the CPU usage when trying to view Office files, we could suggest that you changed your File Explorer View setting into the Navigation
    pane by performing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Select Preview pane to remove it from being highlighted.

Once done, try to open files using Office apps and check if this helps your Surface Pro 4 works fine.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

App previews.

1. App previews. - Similar Threads - App previews

2. Can I change the pdf preview app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the pdf preview app?: I am using WINDOWS 10 desktop. While using PDF preview I could not zoom the view. Please advise if we have an option to change the default pdf preview app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-pdf-preview-app/0a95857c-b874-4025-92b4-c5cb7d236911
  3. Can I change the pdf preview app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change the pdf preview app?: I am using WINDOWS 10 desktop. While using PDF preview I could not zoom the view. Please advise if we have an option to change the default pdf preview app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-pdf-preview-app/0a95857c-b874-4025-92b4-c5cb7d236911
  4. Can I change the pdf preview app?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen: The built-in webcam in my laptop has stopped previewing in the Windows Camera app, I get a grey screen. However, I AM able to successfully take a picture. I can also tell the camera is working because I can see the light blue face-tracking rectangle over the grey screen - it...
  6. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen: The built-in webcam in my laptop has stopped previewing in the Windows Camera app, I get a grey screen. However, I AM able to successfully take a picture. I can also tell the camera is working because I can see the light blue face-tracking rectangle over the grey screen - it...
  7. Built-In Laptop Webcam No Longer Previews in WIndows 10 Camera App - Grey Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Why do I now have the HP Smart app after I took the cumulative update preview?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do I now have the HP Smart app after I took the cumulative update preview?: Okay, I have a Canon all-in-one printer that I use with my Dell laptop. I've used it for years, and my drivers work perfectly fine with the Canon software. I'm using Windows 10 22H2, and after the cumulative update preview, I noticed that I now have HP Smart App...
  9. Why do I now have the HP Smart app after I took the cumulative update preview?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I now have the HP Smart app after I took the cumulative update preview?: Okay, I have a Canon all-in-one printer that I use with my Dell laptop. I've used it for years, and my drivers work perfectly fine with the Canon software. I'm using Windows 10 22H2, and after the cumulative update preview, I noticed that I now have HP Smart App...
  10. Why do I now have the HP Smart app after I took the cumulative update preview?