Windows 10: App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset an App on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 Mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Reset an App on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information Starting with Windows 10 Mobile build 15007, you can now reset a UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10 Mobile back to its original state if the app gets into a bad state.

This is useful if an app gets into a bad state and you want to delete its data and start over.

This tutorial will show you how to reset a UWP app back to its original state on your Windows 10 Mobile phone.

Here's How:

1. On your Windows 10 Mobile phone, open Settings, and tap on Apps. (see screenshot below)

2. Tap on Apps & features. (see screenshot below)

3. Tap on the app (ex: "Mail and Calendar") you want to reset. (see screenshot below)

4. Tap on the Advanced options link under the app. (see screenshot below)

5. Tap on the Reset button. (see screenshot below)

6. Tap on Reset to confirm. (see screenshot below)

7. You will now see a checkmark next to the Reset button indicating that the app has been reset back to its original state. (see screenshot below)

8. If you want to reset another app, then tap on the Back arrow button at the bottom of your phone and go to step 3. (see screenshot below)

9. When finished, you can tap on the Start *Start button at the bottom of your phone to go back to your Start screen. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Sep 6, 2017
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    why is there a windows 10 app for netflix?

Yes, it's no longer the windows phone OS. It's just Windows 10. And yes, the app is perfect for the phone.

rtwjunkie, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. App - Reset on Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - App Reset Mobile

2. Office Apps for Windows 10 Mobile: End of Support for Windows Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Office Apps for Windows 10 Mobile: End of Support for Windows Phones: The Office apps for phones using Windows 10 Mobile – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote -- will reach end of support on January 12, 2021. On that date, app users will no longer receive security updates, non-security hotfixes, free assisted support options or online technical...
  3. Password reset via mobile phone not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset via mobile phone not working: I am locked out of my Microsoft account as I forgot my password. The account has 2FA enabled. I have tried to get a code sent to my registered mobile. Its not coming. I have been told by Microsoft that this feature is not working at the moment. I find this unacceptable as I...
  4. Navigation failure. (Mobile phones app)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation failure. (Mobile phones app): Even though app is starting, is not working. Can't find any address and can't give any kind of navigation. This is happening since last update. From forums that i am reading everybody faces the same problem. Many tried uninstall, reset e.t.c but nothing fixed the problem....
  5. Windows 10 Mobile Phone 'Update Advisor' app available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone 'Update Advisor' app available: Update Advisor can help check if an update is available for your phone and free up space to get you started. It connects to the network to check for new updates, then helps you free up space for updates by recommending files that you can move to an SD card or OneDrive to...
  6. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  7. Store - Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Store - Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Store - Check for App Updates in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Check for App Updates in the Store in Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Store offers various apps that users can browse through, purchase, or get for free to download and...
  8. Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: Switch Between Apps on Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Switch Between Apps on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Many apps can run at the same time on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, and there's an easy way to switch between the apps you've used most...
  9. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  10. PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones: How to: PIN - Reset in Windows 10 Mobile Phones How to Reset the PIN on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to your phone, apps, and...