Windows 10: app search?

Discus and support app search? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm missing here the Win+type(+enter) for searching an app, folder or file. For me it's not working and it's driving me nuts. Help? 15041 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcosdipaolo, Aug 9, 2015.

1. app search?

I'm missing here the Win+type(+enter) for searching an app, folder or file. For me it's not working and it's driving me nuts. Help?

:)

marcosdipaolo, Aug 9, 2015

2. Removed and lost SD card from lumia 640. Cant reinstall the apps

I removed an SD card that was malfunctioning and not accepting new data from my Lumia 640. There were apps saved to it. I put a new SD card in thinking that I would just be able to reinstall the app. Now I get the app to reinstall or uninstall. I found
    out that when you put an app on the SD card there is still a little bit of it on the phone memory. So how do i get that little bit to disappear?

Adrian App, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Removed and lost SD card from lumia 640. Cant reinstall the apps

I did the soft reset and it had no affect. Do i have to do a hard reset? I'm trying to avoid that but if that's my only option then I'll do it.

Thanks

Adrian

Adrian App, Aug 9, 2015
  4. JAX
    Jax Win User

app search?

Same problem here as well, Posted in another topic too but seems that the issue hasn't got a lot of coverage.. yet

5. My install got better, you just rebuild the index and let it finish. Control Panel>search for index in the search bar>In Indexing options click "Change how Windows searches">Advanced>Rebuild

marcosdipaolo, Aug 10, 2015
  6. JAX
    Jax Win User
    kk for me i did the msconfig - > startup route and found that a specific application was blocking it from working correctly but I might do a rebuild of the index as well just to be sure that it can't be fixed that way.

Thema:

app search?

1. app search? - Similar Threads - app search

2. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  3. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....
  4. windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...

in Cortana
    windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...: My pc windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc scannow method.... everything.. it's still not working.... I'm tired.This actually happened after I was unable to log into my PC when I mistakenly changed some values in the Windows...
  5. windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...: My pc windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc scannow method.... everything.. it's still not working.... I'm tired.This actually happened after I was unable to log into my PC when I mistakenly changed some values in the Windows...
  6. windows app have wrong outdated icons on the search ui.......I've tried all I could sfc...

7. windows 11 pro search/gpedit.msc/settings > network/gaming/apps// windows app store. all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 pro search/gpedit.msc/settings > network/gaming/apps// windows app store. all...: First off, who's bright idea was to make all these function reliant and integrated into xbox game bar? I followed your windows answer instruction to remove it fyi.second yes I should have made a system back up, I haven't used a pc in earnest in at least decade. reminder fully...
  8. windows 11 pro search/gpedit.msc/settings > network/gaming/apps// windows app store. all...

windows 11 pro search/gpedit.msc/settings > network/gaming/apps// windows app store. all...: First off, who's bright idea was to make all these function reliant and integrated into xbox game bar? I followed your windows answer instruction to remove it fyi.second yes I should have made a system back up, I haven't used a pc in earnest in at least decade. reminder fully...
  9. My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms: Two weeks ago I adjusted my app's availability to public and using the Microsoft Store 'search' box does not show the product by name its called "MonkeyPaste" or any of the search terms I provided like "Clipboard". In both cases I have scrolled all the way to the bottom of...
  10. My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms

My Microsoft Store app doesn't appear using any search terms: Two weeks ago I adjusted my app's availability to public and using the Microsoft Store 'search' box does not show the product by name its called "MonkeyPaste" or any of the search terms I provided like "Clipboard". In both cases I have scrolled all the way to the bottom of...