Windows 10: App starts only on one CPU with 100% usage

Discus and support App starts only on one CPU with 100% usage in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This morning I installed the Anniversary Update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607) and now I notice that one application that I often use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stevoi85, Jan 28, 2017.

1. stevoi85 Win User

App starts only on one CPU with 100% usage

This morning I installed the Anniversary Update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607) and now I notice that one application that I often use starts only on CPU 1 with 100% usage (which makes it 50% of my total CPU usage) and thus is unable to run smoothly. Using Task Manager I can eventually get the app to run on both CPUs but again only using 50% (maximum).

I've never seen anything like it, so any help would be welcome.

:)

stevoi85, Jan 28, 2017
  2. Wuju22 Win User

100% CPU usage in task manager after upgrading to W10

Thank you Krishna for quick response however it is neither of those reasons. I think it is a bug, it only shows 100% cpu usage but everything works ok . Never had this issue before only started after i updated from windows 7 to 10. The procantage usage
    of cpu on some applications jumps from 5 to 70% in example : the task manager was "using" 80% of cpu and that just can't be right. Having said that i think the task manager's cpu usage shows wrong data (its bugged) somehow.

Wuju22, Jan 28, 2017
  3. CPU Usage 100%

PC starts with 100% cpu usage. It won't come down even cpu is left idle. Cpu fan won't stop, when temp are normal.

Vivek Rajbhar, Jan 28, 2017
  4. App starts only on one CPU with 100% usage

Welcome to the TenForums @stevoi85

While I may not be able to provide a solution, without the App name everyone left guessing.

Have you applied all the maintenance to 1607?

Have you contacted app vendor or checked for app update as 1607 has been in the wild for almost six months? The optimists in me says they would have a fix.

Caledon Ken, Jan 29, 2017
Thema:

App starts only on one CPU with 100% usage

1. App starts only on one CPU with 100% usage - Similar Threads - App starts CPU

2. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start: Hi,i have WIN10 OS LTSC. 2019when i am opening Taskmgr right after startup , the cpu is on 100% and slowly gets down.but after running any type of exe , its raising again.there is no specific task that causing that.i have tries:disable windows defendersfc /scannoedism...
  3. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start: Hi,i have WIN10 OS LTSC. 2019when i am opening Taskmgr right after startup , the cpu is on 100% and slowly gets down.but after running any type of exe , its raising again.there is no specific task that causing that.i have tries:disable windows defendersfc /scannoedism...
  4. CPU usage up to 100% with any app that i start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU usage at 100%

CPU usage at 100%: Hi!My name is Luca and from like 2 weeks ago my laptop started lagging.At first i didnt know what it was,but when i watched some videos online i looked at my task manager and the CPU was at 100%.I watched so many videos online but it didn't work.My laptop i an ASUS AMD Ryzen...
  6. 100% cpu usage

100% cpu usage: I have begun to notice when I have my charger plugged into my laptop, it causes my CPU usage to shoot up to 100%. However, when I unplug my charger it drops down to around 20%-30%. Does this mean my laptop charger is playing up? Or is there something running on my pc that Is...
  7. 100% CPU Usage

100% CPU Usage: PC fine until update to version 20H2 installed, now intermittent 100% CPU usage once or twice an hour for one to two minutes at a time. How do I correct the problem on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-cpu-usage/7fed075a-2d99-44cc-bec1-93f40c948c6e
  8. 100% cpu usage

100% cpu usage: Once i booted today, i realised after a few minutes that my pc was acting extremely slow and jittery. I had open task manager and noticed my CPU was at extreme loads of 80-100%. The top 2 processes were "appmodel" "Serivce host: Remote procedure". It seems that the least...
  9. CPU 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU 100% usage: I have two issues with windows 10, first issue is that, the taskbar in windows 10 showing me that the CPU is being used 100%. In Ubuntu it's running smoothly. I didn't have the issue windows until this morning. So after trying multiple solution from online the CPU still shows...
  10. 100% CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% CPU usage.: Hi all. I sometimes use Xilisoft audio convertor and it puts CPU usage through the roof, sits on 100%. I do not use other progs to compare this to. Consequently PC slows down sometimes freezes, web slow to load etc. Is this normal. New install of win 10, 2 months ago. 8 gig...