Windows 10: App store and apps disappeared

Discus and support App store and apps disappeared in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Suddenly I have got the entries below,which do not respond to clicking. e.g News app is visible as tile and updating but cannot get full screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ddinc, Feb 11, 2016.

1. ddinc Win User

App store and apps disappeared

Suddenly I have got the entries below,which do not respond to clicking.

e.g News app is visible as tile and updating but cannot get full screen.

On programs list I have:

@ MicrosoftBingNews 4.8.239.0X86 _8weekb3d8bbwe?ms-resources/microsoft Bing News/resources/application tile

I uninstalled and reinstalled all through powershell +WSReset...nothing helped

App store and apps disappeared [​IMG]

:)

ddinc, Feb 11, 2016

2. windows 10 apps diappearing

apps disappearing. not all at once maybe one every other day. so far store app, one note, and map apps have disappeared. the only app that brings up box is the store app. it says... This app cannot open. There is a problem with this app. Contact your system
    administrator about repairing or reinstalling it. ANY suggestions?

Terry Mead, Feb 11, 2016
  3. CarlaE Win User
    microsoft store cache damaged

The store cache cleaned, but the store app has totally disappeared

CarlaE, Feb 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi that's typically because the user ran the Powershell command to repair apps; this repair procedure has been broken since build 10586.

I recommend you do an in-place upgrade repair install.
    For this you need an installation medium with the same build as you have installed.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums
    This will refresh Windows, after the manner of a Windows installation.
    - all/most associations will be unchanged
    - all your programs will be left installed
    - you will lose any custom fonts
    - you will lose any customised system icons
    - you may need to re-establish your Wi-Fi connection
    - you will need to redo Windows updates subsequent to the build you have used for the repair install

Recommendation:
    Please consider using disk imaging regularly. It's a brilliant way to
    - preserve your system (and your sanity)
    - back up your data
    - restore your system to a previously working state in a relatively short time

Recommended:
    Macrium Reflect (free)
    Veeam Endpoint Backup
    Free Desktop and Laptop backup - Veeam Endpoint Backup
    + the boot disk/device + large enough external storage medium.

dalchina, Feb 11, 2016
Thema:

1. App store and apps disappeared - Similar Threads - App store apps

2. Microsoft Store App completely disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store App completely disappeared: Hi, I have a problem with Mic store app. It has disappeared from apps and features and the start menu link is unresponsive. I've tried multiple methods to reinstall inc. through command prompt but all that happens is I keep getting red error code. Is there any way to fix...
  3. Microsoft Store App completely disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App completely disappeared: Hi, I have a problem with Mic store app. It has disappeared from apps and features and the start menu link is unresponsive. I've tried multiple methods to reinstall inc. through command prompt but all that happens is I keep getting red error code. Is there any way to fix...
  4. Microsoft Store App completely disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Apps Disappearing !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps Disappearing !: Hello. I Have a problem that my Window`s Normal Apps I Mean Microsoft Store_ Paint 3D_Mail etc. Gets Deleted Automatically . Im sure dont have a malware or not deleting them myself . they just disappear and turn into the picture icon. I Wanted to know is Windows Deleting them...
  6. Apps Disappearing !

Apps Disappearing !: Hello. I Have a problem that my Window`s Normal Apps I Mean Microsoft Store_ Paint 3D_Mail etc. Gets Deleted Automatically . Im sure dont have a malware or not deleting them myself . they just disappear and turn into the picture icon. I Wanted to know is Windows Deleting them...
  7. apps disappeared

apps disappeared: i had a app called discord on my surface tablet now its gone and it wont download. i get a error message that says setup log i click on setup log it brings me to Squirrel setup notepad. i dont want to reset my tablet and lose everything can anyone help please?...
  8. Disappearing apps

Disappearing apps: Did a reset due to running not right. All seemed to be going ok but has now got no mail app, no store, no photo viewer. If I go to default apps to select one, it says there are no apps to chose from. If I go to the store in the browser and find the mail app, click on 'get'...
  9. MS store and apps disappeared

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS store and apps disappeared: Hello! I lost all my microsoft apps. I tried to reset my microsoft store and it just disappeared and all the other apps too. I did that, because it wasn't working correctly and neither was the apps. But now i don't have any of those and I'm trying to find out how to...
  10. apps disappearing

apps disappearing: I have recently updated windows 10 and find that some apps have stopped working, for instance Facebook and ITV Player/Hub. I am annoyed with this, especially with Facebook, as I am unable to log in with my original account, as it rejects every password I have tried. Could...