Windows 10: App store closing its self on open... Windows 10 RTM

Discus and support App store closing its self on open... Windows 10 RTM in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Edit: fixed by deleting the folder: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\perUser Cache_00034001825B21B0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by therock247uk, Aug 1, 2015.

1. App store closing its self on open... Windows 10 RTM

Edit: fixed by deleting the folder: C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\perUser Cache_00034001825B21B0

Hi,
    This started happening yesterday right around when the new AMD drivers were on Windows Update, Though I've rolled them back but it still happens.. I've tried wsreset.exe and sfc /scannow

This is from event viewer
    Any help you can give me will be appreciated.
    Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 02/08/2015 01:28:17 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: -PC
    Description:
    Faulting application name: WinStore.Mobile.exe, version: 2015.7.22.2, time stamp: 0x55b03689
    Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16397, time stamp: 0x55af1390
    Exception code: 0xc000027b
    Fault offset: 0x000000000006687f
    Faulting process ID: 0x21d4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ccba20798fd0
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.7.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WinStore.Mobile.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll
    Report ID: 39d50e81-fa55-4d6f-b3b0-ca23412300a3
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.7.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-08-02T00:28:17.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4182</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>WinStore.Mobile.exe</Data>
    <Data>2015.7.22.2</Data>
    <Data>55b03689</Data>
    <Data>twinapi.appcore.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.10240.16397</Data>
    <Data>55af1390</Data>
    <Data>c000027b</Data>
    <Data>000000000006687f</Data>
    <Data>21d4</Data>
    <Data>01d0ccba20798fd0</Data>
    <Data>C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.7.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\WinStore.Mobile.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll</Data>
    <Data>39d50e81-fa55-4d6f-b3b0-ca23412300a3</Data>
    <Data>Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.7.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe</Data>
    <Data>App</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

therock247uk, Aug 1, 2015

2. app store opens ... apps dont !!

question- just updated to windows everything is working fine bar the fact apps in the store wont open. the store its self opens but if i click on an app it opens then immediately closes. I've tried all the cache clearance and command that people put for
    the store no opening but non work any ideas people ??

philgray92, Aug 1, 2015
  3. t.boltxn Win User
    Windows 10 store won't let me download

hi all I have recently updated my system to windows 10, I'm trying to set apps up on my laptop so i can watch Netflix, but every time I open the store and click Netflix the store crashes and closes its self? any help would be appreciated.

t.boltxn, Aug 1, 2015
  4. App store closing its self on open... Windows 10 RTM

I am having the same problem. I tried deleting the folder as you state and nothing... still when I click on Windows Store it won't open. My Windows Store apps won't run either (Netflix). I have run the powershell script as well attempting to reinstall to no avail. When I run msreset.exe it returns the error

ms-windows-storeApp store closing its self on open... Windows 10 RTM :purgeCaches

The application cannot be started. Try reinstalling the application to fix the problem.

xlxcrossing, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

App store closing its self on open... Windows 10 RTM

1. App store closing its self on open... Windows 10 RTM - Similar Threads - App store closing

2. why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?: every Microsoft store installed app and Microsoft store itself closes as soon as i open themI've tried a few online tutorials on how to make ms store work but they dont work for me.there was an error code when i try to open a file with ms store apps:the error code is...
  3. why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?: every Microsoft store installed app and Microsoft store itself closes as soon as i open themI've tried a few online tutorials on how to make ms store work but they dont work for me.there was an error code when i try to open a file with ms store apps:the error code is...
  4. why is ms store and its installed apps closing as soon as i open them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store and its apps won't open

Microsoft Store and its apps won't open: A few weeks ago, after restoring my PC through Windows settings, Microsoft Store and its apps stopped working they didn't even open. Waiting for the resolution of the problem. After a long wait, the problem persisted. I decided to restore the computer again and then made the...
  6. Microsoft Store and its apps won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and its apps won't open: A few weeks ago, after restoring my PC through Windows settings, Microsoft Store and its apps stopped working they didn't even open. Waiting for the resolution of the problem. After a long wait, the problem persisted. I decided to restore the computer again and then made the...
  7. Microsoft Store and its apps won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Store and its apps not openning

Windows Store and its apps not openning: Hi! I have been a Windows 10 user for about 2 years But now I have a problem in which Microsoft store and its apps dont open at all and i get a message that this app cant open. Well I had reset my PC and after that it worked fine for a week then it started again. I cant even...
  9. Microsoft Store and its apps won't open

Microsoft Store and its apps won't open: A few weeks ago, after restoring my PC through Windows settings, Microsoft Store and its applications stopped working. After a long wait, the problem persisted. I decided to restore the computer again and then made the fresh start. Still, the Microsoft Store and its apps...
  10. Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening.: Hello, Please Support as Windows App Store is not opening, closes immediately after opening and another issue is my photo app not working. Windows is up to date. Windws version is 1803 Done below steps but still having same issue. 1. Run - wsreset.exe 2. Windows Store...