Windows 10: App stuck as Tile, cannot add to All Apps StartMenu

Discus and support App stuck as Tile, cannot add to All Apps StartMenu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have this strange issue on my install. I added Eclipse to my system without installing it. It lives in a folder outside of Program Files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by st11x, May 6, 2017.

1. st11x Win User

App stuck as Tile, cannot add to All Apps StartMenu

Hi,

I have this strange issue on my install.

I added Eclipse to my system without installing it. It lives in a folder outside of Program Files and on another disk. Following online tutorials, I created a shortcut to it inside the %APPDATA% folder. This action causes the program to show up as a tile.

This is the shortcut

App stuck as Tile, cannot add to All Apps StartMenu [​IMG]

And this is the tile that got created

If I were to make a copy of eclipse.exe in the same folder, then create a shortcut to it, it works as expected; the shortcut gets added to the "Recently added" list, listed under the initial, no tile is created, and it is also found by Cortana.

I also noticed that if I had pinned the new item before (then removed it), it will not work again.

Any idea why this is happening and how do I fix this?

Thanks
    Matt

:)

st11x, May 6, 2017

2. Start menu "all apps" not showing all apps (<500 entries)

Have been asked here to create
    a new issue.

My startmenu is not showing all available apps in the "all apps" section. Apps that are not shown can also not be found via windows search box. This seems not to be related to the 512 entries problem, as my startmenu never had so much entries. Currently
    (after some rearrangments) it has 83 but it have never been more than 150.

I did upgrade vom Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro final two days ago. First day everything was fine (at least I did not miss anyhing and I know I used some of the apps from startmenu that are now not shown any longer). On day two some of the items disappeared.
    I noticed it when all my tiles in the right part of the menu just vanished.

The issues are:

• Tile menu configuration sometimes just get lost (categories and items are gone)
    • Not all apps are shown in "all apps" list, it does not help to delete the corresponding links in the startmenu folder in the filesystem. They never reappear if you create new links for them. (so, those apps have to be saved somewhere and marked as "don't
      show")
    • Links that are shown correctly can be removed, readded and renamed.... all these operations are currectly mirrored in startmenu
    • Only way to get a not shown app back to startmenu is to move its location (move app to different drive or folder).
    • Apps seems to disappear randomly, was not able to reproduce this behavior
    For me it looks like the startmenu database does not stay in sync with the filesystem folders. Is there an option to "resync" startmenu database?? And especially drop items that seem to be marked "invalid" or sth like this?

Edit 06.08.2015:

• Issue still there after KB3081424
    • The startmenu recognizes apps that have been previously on the tiles menu when you delete them, reboot and re-add them. After deleting and re-adding they go back to tiles section without using "add to quicklaunch" ("An Schnellzugriff anheften" don't know
      how it is called in English versions).

Example image below:

sirAbsturz, May 6, 2017
  3. Davelew Win User
    Can't rename desktop tiles pinned to start in Windows 10

I am using an app called 'Better StartMenu'. The enables you to name the tile and add an image using Edge.

Took me a little while to understand you need to download 'Better Start Menu Helper' but now works a treat.

Davelew, May 6, 2017
Thema:

App stuck as Tile, cannot add to All Apps StartMenu

1. App stuck as Tile, cannot add to All Apps StartMenu - Similar Threads - App stuck Tile

2. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  3. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  4. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All Tiles / Apps Missing

All Tiles / Apps Missing: I have a cheap little RCA notebook and i accidentaly turned off the GUI. so i have no start tiles, no message board, no way to access BT or anything. i googled it but the method to turn it on doesn't work because not all options are present. Windows 10 update isnt even...
  6. This is the settings app, all tiled apps don't work, is this a "stack overflow?"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is the settings app, all tiled apps don't work, is this a "stack overflow?": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OmegaElixir [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfzk8h/this_is_the_settings_app_all_tiled_apps_dont_work/
  7. Tiles get stuck whenver I update the app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tiles get stuck whenver I update the app: [ATTACH] Whenever I update an app, the tile gets stuck like this... How do I get it unstuck? https://preview.redd.it/d3qjm3spflq51.png?width=133&format=png&auto=webp&s=5d919782c64c366933e34834763a890a7b53bc7e submitted by /u/Superyoshers9 [link] [comments]...
  8. Apps and tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and tiles: How do I turn off ALL tiles and apps that are not essential? I am not very computer savvy, I just don't want all this garbage I do not want or need running. thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-tiles/637221ea-b329-4418-b82b-43183cf9546a
  9. Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps)

Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps): [ATTACH] Hi, i have recently downgraded skype to more usable version, but the older version dose not show in my start menu's tiles. i would like to add it into the quick start icons because that helps me manage my space better on the quickstart. Just to give you an idea...
  10. Star menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps)

Star menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps): Hi, i have recently downgraded skype to more usable version, but the older version dose not show in my start menu's tiles. i would like to add it into the quick start icons because that helps me manage my space better on the quickstart. Just to give you an idea here is...