Windows 10: App To Store Personal Notes?

Discus and support App To Store Personal Notes? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, I've been using OpenOffice's Writer app to create my most personal notes, but I was told by members on tenforums.com that OpenOffice is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NiceAndShy, Jun 30, 2017.

1. App To Store Personal Notes?

Hey guys,

I've been using OpenOffice's Writer app to create my most personal notes, but I was told by members on tenforums.com that OpenOffice is no longer supported so I'm worried about security holes.

I just want something simple that can make it impossible for other people to read. I want to be the only one that can read my notes.

It needs be easy to prevent it from accessing or communicating with the Internet using Windows 10's firewall.

Thank you!

:)

NiceAndShy, Jun 30, 2017

2. Activation/personalization/app store nightmare

I cannot figure this out at all! I have gone through all the support and research I can find and still nothing!

I cannot personalize my pc even though i have a windows account. it says that i have to activate windows to personalize my pc, so i go through all the settings steps to activate and the status says that it's already activated. So I'm kind of at a dead end
    there.

I am having trouble even getting into the app store. It says that I need to update the store, so i click the update store, then all it gives me is a message with an error code saying that it cannot be updated. i have tried a factory reset, thinking that
    may help and all that did was wipe out my mirosoft word, and office, which i have no clue as to how to get back either. It seems as if it's one thing after another, and this is my very first computer....please help!!!!!

TonyaBrumet, Jun 30, 2017
  3. Activation/personalization/app store nightmare

Hi Tonya,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

Method 1

Run built-in Windows Store app troubleshooter.

• a. Click on Start search and type troubleshooting and choose 'Troubleshooting'

• b. Click on 'View All'.

• c. Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter. (Right click on the built driver file.)

• d. Click/tap on Troubleshoot Compatibility. And check if it helps.

Method 2: Clear the cache from Windows store

This command resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps. It’s a system and hidden file. WSReset.exe is usually located in the %SYSTEM% folder.

Please follow the steps given below.

a) Press "Windows+R" key on the keyboard to open Run window.

b) In the Run window type "wsreset.exe" and then click ok it will clear all the cache in Windows store

I suggest to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Can't Sign In [Local Account] ?

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 30, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

App To Store Personal Notes?

I'd uninstall OpenOffice then install the free LibreOffice and include the Help file download. The 2 programs are quite similar and can mostly work with the same files but for my older clients LibreOffice still supports Microsoft Works files, useful for recipes they have saved. Works and Works Suite were discontinued a few/several years ago with Version 9.xx.
    Home | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People

Berton, Jun 30, 2017
  5. Thanks, but I was finding it very difficult to find the exact OpenOffice file I need to block to prevent OpenOffice from contacting the Internet.

So I'd rather use something unrelated to OpenOffice/LibreOffice.

NiceAndShy, Jun 30, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Well, there's the 'built-in' Notepad or Wordpad, both in the W section of the Start menu and Windows Accessories. But almost all Windows-based programs will want to contact a site on the 'net at some time or another. I avoid using OneDrive, have uninstalled it from my main/production computer to prevent what you desire.

Berton, Jun 30, 2017
  7. Thanks!

I thought of using the built-in Wordpad/Notepad but wouldn't I be safer using a 3rd party app that's not connected to Microsoft/Apple?

NiceAndShy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

App To Store Personal Notes?

1. App To Store Personal Notes? - Similar Threads - App Store Personal

2. Unable to install app Samsung notes from the Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install app Samsung notes from the Microsoft store: When trying to install Samsung Notes app from the Microsoft store, there is no "get" button. Trying to install same using the command prompt I get an error message, see screenshot below. How do I proceed?...
  3. Unable to install app Samsung notes from the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install app Samsung notes from the Microsoft store: When trying to install Samsung Notes app from the Microsoft store, there is no "get" button. Trying to install same using the command prompt I get an error message, see screenshot below. How do I proceed?...
  4. Unable to install app Samsung notes from the Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. sticky notes app

sticky notes app: after windows update, sticky notes app does not load/open. Is there another location I can retrieve my information!?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-app/df26ad92-9656-44c6-a045-ee8fab63c0e6
  6. S Note apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    S Note apps: I have trouble with my S Note when I did update from windows 8.1 to windows 10. S note doesn't work. Could you help with giving the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/s-note-apps/a5e8f766-24ae-411d-a044-c77ac0c257a4
  7. Samsung Notes App on microsoft store

Samsung Notes App on microsoft store: I am trying to install Samsung Notes from the Microsoft Store. Have more than the required system requirements. But the store says "This App is not compatible with this device" How is this possible? I have attached the screen shots of the error messages. Please help....
  8. Sticky notes app

Sticky notes app: I hate the new look (dark gray notes with a post-it-note colored title bar). Give me back my pink, green, and yellow notes! It needs tab stops so I can make columnated lists It needs to be able to change fonts or at least support fixed pitch fonts. (Yes, I know you can...
  9. Where are the release notes for app updates in the Windows Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where are the release notes for app updates in the Windows Store?: In a recent update to the Windows Store app, release notes for apps have been done away with. Can these please be brought back? I would always read the notes when updating. It helps me with a few things: I can find out if an app is about to crash my system. I can find out...
  10. Sticky Notes App

Sticky Notes App: The recent update of Sticky Notes has been very useful. Since I am a frequent user of this app, I would appreciate if more features could be added to it. 1) Adding colours to the text typed. 2) Increase or decrease of the size of fonts used. 3) Option to select a font...