Windows 10: App updates not being offered in 10586

Discus and support App updates not being offered in 10586 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On my main PC which has been updated with the anniversary build I got app updates for solitaire and sticky notes today. However these same app updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 16, 2016.

1. App updates not being offered in 10586

On my main PC which has been updated with the anniversary build I got app updates for solitaire and sticky notes today. However these same app updates were not offered to our secondary machine which is still on the previous 10586. Are these updates for the latest build only as I would of thought they should be offered to both? I went into store and ran a manual update check but it didn't find them. Maybe they are specific updates/bug fixes relating to redstone/anniversary update machines?

cheers, Wayne

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 16, 2016

2. Unable to Install Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for 64x-based Systems (KB3124266).

OK, but is KB3136561 offered to the computer when you run a manual check for updates?

Nope.

You cannot "install Win10 1511" manually, it has to be offered & installed via Windows Update.

That being said:

• Win10 1511 could be offered to your computer at any time.
    • Win10 RTW (build 10420) - i.e., the version you have - is still fully-supported...at least for now.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Manually installed updates keep being offered by Windows Update

OK, so I've just tried it. But unfortunately, the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter doesn't show KB3139907, KB3140768, and KB3144756 as hide-able. They don't appear in the list.

They appear in the Windows Update list, but not in the troubleshooter's hide-able list. Is something wrong here?

Maximilian Haru Raditya, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

App updates not being offered in 10586

1. App updates not being offered in 10586 - Similar Threads - App updates being

2. Security Intelligence Updates not being offered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Updates not being offered: I am Win 11 Pro 64-bit and fully updated except for the "Preview Update" I have long been set to manually download updates. I check daily and update all presented except Preview items.Since 6 July 2023 I have not been presented with the Option to Update Security intelligence....
  3. Security Intelligence Updates not being offered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Intelligence Updates not being offered: I am Win 11 Pro 64-bit and fully updated except for the "Preview Update" I have long been set to manually download updates. I check daily and update all presented except Preview items.Since 6 July 2023 I have not been presented with the Option to Update Security intelligence....
  4. Windows Update are not being Offered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  5. Windows Update are not being Offered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  6. Default user.v5 is not being offered to users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Default user.v5 is not being offered to users: We went through all the steps to create a customized profile using sysprep/answer file with <copy profile>. When we copied this profile up to \\server\netlogon\default user.v5 new users are not getting this profile. I have verified it's existence in sysvol, I can see the old...
  7. Windows 10 2004 not being offered

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 not being offered: This is more of a curiosity as I am wondering why I am not being offered Windows 10 2004. I did a check for updates and I am presented with: I spent overnight in a hotel (in the same city I live in) and with my laptop connected to their Wi-Fi I was offered to download and...
  8. 1511 10586 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    1511 10586 update: Hi all, I have a Samsung Laptop which has Windows 7 Home edition on it. I have upgraded it to the Windows 10 Home and all is fine. Windows now informs me that an upgrade version 1511, 10586 is ready to update so I clicked check for udates and it says click to download,...
  9. v1607 not being offered on 1 PC

v1607 not being offered on 1 PC: I had 2 desktop PCs here running Windows 10 1511. One got the 1607 update a week ago. The other has not had it offered as of yet. The "More Info" link is not available either. Advice? 60129
  10. Update to Build 10586

Update to Build 10586: I currently have Windows 10 (Build 10240). For some reason when I attempt to update my system it says that no updates are available. Does anyone know why I can't update to Build 10586? The latest Windows Defender updates install, but not the latest build. 43204