Windows 10: App window resize after alt+tab.

Discus and support App window resize after alt+tab. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm finding in Windows version 1803 that when alt+tabbing from a game any apps on the desktop windows are being resized, usually to a smaller size. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kol12, May 11, 2018.

1. Kol12 Win User

App window resize after alt+tab.

I'm finding in Windows version 1803 that when alt+tabbing from a game any apps on the desktop windows are being resized, usually to a smaller size. Has anybody else noticed this? I'll try to get some screenshots.

:)

Kol12, May 11, 2018

2. Program window stuck minimized in top left corner of desk top

Alt+Tab to the program so it has the focus.

Alt+Spacebar to access the System menu

S to put the window in Size mode

Use the Down arrow & right-arrow keys to resize the window. Press <Enter> when done resizing.

You can try the above with Notepad to see how it works.

Keith

Keith A. Miller, May 11, 2018
  3. How to Prevent Automatic Window Moving/Resizing?

Hi,

I stumbled upon this thread when looking for a solution to a very similar problem.

I have a 4k monitor and often use fullscreen-applications that run in 1920x1080. Now the actual problem is, that windows resizes all other windows when I start such an application. When I alt-tab to another program I see that all windows have been resized
    to fit on the virtual 1920x1080 monitor. So I have to resize them everytime I alt-tab out of the "low"-resolution program. That's more than annoying.

And, Pavan, please, if you just copy & paste standard answers, do not claim to understand the problem. Clearly you don't. So is there anyone who has a real solution?

Kind Regards

Stefan

The_Fencer, May 11, 2018
Thema:

App window resize after alt+tab.

1. App window resize after alt+tab. - Similar Threads - App window resize

2. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: Hai.While using the Alt+Tab feature, I would like to hide certain windows from appearing in it. Because, I use two screens for multi tasking and have certain windows idly open. This makes the Alt+tab too clumsy and difficult to choose the app that I need. Any suggestions...
  4. Alt highlight triggered after using ALT + TAB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt highlight triggered after using ALT + TAB: For a very long time now, I've been having issues with Windows 11. When I use ALT + TAB to switch to another window and come back to another window, the ALT keys/menus are triggered. This means that if you start typing e.g. in Word, you're not typing in your document but...
  5. Alt highlight triggered after using ALT + TAB

Alt highlight triggered after using ALT + TAB: For a very long time now, I've been having issues with Windows 11. When I use ALT + TAB to switch to another window and come back to another window, the ALT keys/menus are triggered. This means that if you start typing e.g. in Word, you're not typing in your document but...
  6. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  7. Alt+Tab

Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  8. Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt+Tab not switching apps anymore: Alt+Tab is not working anymore to switch between open programs. Instead it just toggles between items in the open program. How can i fix this? I'm still on version 1909 but worked fine couple of days ago. Not sure what broke it. Maybe a recent windows update? Anybody else...
  9. alt+tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    alt+tab: when i alt+tab it use to show previews but then all of a sudden it stopped. i don't exactly remember when it stopped but it doesn't show previews only icons submitted by /u/venusarr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpfjbx/alttab/
  10. Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar dissapearing, random alt+tabbing and resizing issues on dual monitor: Hello, I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and I started having some issues. It first started with random alt+tabs while playing games ( these would take a second and there was no cmd window popping up, I tried that) but now the taskbar keeps dissapearing...