Windows 10: AppData/Roaming, folder too large to transfer but it's a must do...

Discus and support AppData/Roaming, folder too large to transfer but it's a must do... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been trying to transfer a huge folder into the AppData/Roaming folder, but it gives me this error message: "there is not enough space on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mindboggled, Sep 4, 2017.

1. AppData/Roaming, folder too large to transfer but it's a must do...

I have been trying to transfer a huge folder into the AppData/Roaming folder, but it gives me this error message:

"there is not enough space on roaming. you need an additional 140 gb to copy these files"

It seems the folder size of Roaming is incredibly tiny?!.. Is there a way to increase the size or otherwise fix this problem. Harddrive is 2TB. Does anybody know what this is all about, and why I am limited to what I can put in there? I really can't just delete folders because it wouldn't make a difference, the main folder I need to move there is 137 GB!! It worked fine on a different computer with Windows Professional on it. Thanks in advance. *chuckle

:)

mindboggled, Sep 4, 2017

2. Cannot transfer a file into Roaming, how do I increase folder size limits?

I have been trying to transfer a huge file into the AppData/Roaming folder, but it gives me this error message:

"there is not enough space on roaming. you need an additional 140 gb to copy these files"

It seems the folder size of Roaming is incredibly tiny?!.. Is there a way to increase the size or otherwise fix this problem. Harddrive is 2TB.

Thanks. Matt W

Matt_Woodward1, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Critical Error - One More Solution

Thanks for the help, this worked for me too.

As soon as I uninstalled Dropbox and deleted the DB folder from ...AppData\Local & ...AppData\Roaming, The start menu was back to functioning.

Reinstalled DB, everything seems to be fine.

Interpret IT, Sep 4, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

AppData/Roaming, folder too large to transfer but it's a must do...

That is a lot of data. My AppData\Local is 4.46GB, my AppData\LocalLow is 3.15MB and my AppData\Roaming is 267MB. By Default those System Folders are hidden, had to unhide temporarily to view. I don't put anything in those Folders, don't think that is an intention of Windows.

Berton, Sep 4, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Berton is correct in saying that's not really the intention of that folder.

You say the HDD is 2TB, but what is the size of the C: partition?

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  6. Can you show me how to find it?

Disk Management - which says it is but 57.13 GB!! That's .... low *sarc

mindboggled, Sep 4, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    In the search box type PC and press enter. Then click the top entry MY PC, or This PC.

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  8. AppData/Roaming, folder too large to transfer but it's a must do...

So..I'm not even sure if this can even work on this computer? Unless there's a way of running appdata from an external hard drive, can anyone give me a clue? I am really pondering this...

mindboggled, Sep 4, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    We don't know what it is you are trying to get to work, other than copying a138GB file to appdata/roaming. What is the answer to my questions, please. How big is the C: partition and how much is free?

And, no, I have never heard of having the appdata system folder on an external drive. Maybe some else has.

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  10. mindboggled, Sep 4, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Please. We need the answer to the question. How big is the C: and how much is free?

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  12. It's reading as 57.13 GB and 0% free which is really weird.

mindboggled, Sep 4, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Can you please post a screenshot of your Disk Management screen.

f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Sep 4, 2017
  15. mindboggled, Sep 4, 2017
Thema:

1. AppData/Roaming, folder too large to transfer but it's a must do... - Similar Threads - AppData Roaming folder

2. Roaming AppData folder appears in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roaming AppData folder appears in OneDrive: HelloIn my Onedrive, I have a folder called E:\OneDrive\Kiki - appdata\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows with 2 subfolders, Recent and Start Menu.I dont quite understand why it's there and not in the normal appdata section in C:\Users\Kiki\AppData\Roaming. I've tried to reset...
  3. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA: hello i was trying to move my Roaming Folder from AppData to Drive D: but I set the location to D: instead of D:/roaming using "Change location" on the properties of the roaming folder now my entire Drive D: is considered as the roaming folder and all the folders and files...
  4. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA: hello i was trying to move my Roaming Folder from AppData to Drive D: but I set the location to D: instead of D:/roaming using "Change location" on the properties of the roaming folder now my entire Drive D: is considered as the roaming folder and all the folders and files...
  5. Help with Roaming Folder in APPDATA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. AppData Roaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    AppData Roaming: c:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\wjdvdtdI am getting this type of message on a black screen on the startup of the windows 10.so can someone please help me out what is the problem?...
  7. Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...

Deleting a folder in Appdata/Roaming/...: I've uninstalled a password manager app called ''Myki'' from my pc but it has still a folder in hidden Appdata/Roaming/.. i dont want any traces left because i need a fresh reinstall.. deleting a folder in hidden Roaming folder cause any trouble? actually i've deleted it but...
  8. “Postman21” folder in appdata - roaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Postman21” folder in appdata - roaming: Today I found a folder in my roaming folder called Postman21, inside there was just a file called “requests”, no extension and Windows just recognised it as File. It showed up a week ago according to the properties of it, and I deleted it out of not knowing what it is. Can...
  9. appdata roaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    appdata roaming: y am I or it roaming??? **** is it meaning? I haven't moved for ages I only roam to the fridge bleedin confuses me this interwebby stuff does, giz a shout cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/appdata-roaming/20a7b3de-7438-4266-94de-3ed825c78d75
  10. AppData Roaming folder

AppData Roaming folder: I have accidentally deleted my AppData folder and I can't recover it. I bought my laptop from UK and the windows and drivers were preinstalled in it. And I have not any disc form where I can redownload drivers or windows licensed version. what should I do even powershell is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. roaming is too large