Windows 10: Appear to have been attacked with Bitlocker

Discus and support Appear to have been attacked with Bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Something else I found. Something has turned protected boot on in the BIOS. I have never enabled that. Does that feel like an attack vector could... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by simrick, Apr 5, 2018.

1. simrick Win User

Appear to have been attacked with Bitlocker

Your attachments aren't working for me.
    You never answered my questions:

Don't you have a Macrium image to restore? That is the only way out of this, short of a clean install.

Did you put the Spiceworks scanner on the system?

Would be interested to know, exactly what did the Trend Micro app on the router show?

simrick, Apr 12, 2018
  2. alternety Win User

Sorry it took so long. I finally wiped everything with drive cleaning.

I saved all the contents of the infected (or not) drives. I had a power blip, and after rebooting, it would accept none of my passwords. Fini.

If someone wants to see something specific regarding the problem, I could send specific things; I think. I don't know how much of the drive contents got copied. And I am not going to look at the files with my PC OS. If needed I will make use of Gandalf's USB and run windows from there with my normal drives disconnected.

If it feels like an attack to anyone and wants to do a bit of research; let me know.

I restored from a Macrium backup. I lose some data I would have really preferred not to.

I could not find Spiceworks scanner.

simrick - I Will look at the router. But there are three applications in the Trendnet package. The third one, that gave the detection's, appeared to be causing massive slowdown on the internet connection. So that is turned off. I will see if there is any log info left.

Thanks for the help.

alternety, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

Appear to have been attacked with Bitlocker

1. Appear to have been attacked with Bitlocker - Similar Threads - Appear been attacked

2. I've been attacked by malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been attacked by malware: My computer is hijacked by malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-attacked-by-malware/e580a5cb-c888-4e9d-af26-48fbcceea44d
  3. I've been attacked by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been attacked by malware: My computer is hijacked by malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-been-attacked-by-malware/e580a5cb-c888-4e9d-af26-48fbcceea44d
  4. I've been attacked by malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I have been attacked by a ransomware virus ".shgv" extension

I have been attacked by a ransomware virus ".shgv" extension: I have been attacked by a ransomware virus ".shgv" extension. I am neither able to decrypt it nor secure windows. Please help.All of my system files have this extension now and I am now not able to open/use it.Please help...
  6. I've been attacked

I've been attacked: Today I received an e-mail stating that I've been hacked and they showed me that they know what one of my passwords are. They threatened me unless I send them money they are going to send compromising video taken of me thru my computer camera to everyone on my contact list....
  7. Sudden appearance of BitLocker

Sudden appearance of BitLocker: Hey folks. I friend of mine just called and asked if I could help fix his laptop. He says that he turned it off the other day, and on turning it back on again he is being asked for a bitlocker drive encryption key. He says he has never seen bitlocker, never turned it on,...
  8. Malware has been attacked to my system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware has been attacked to my system: [ATTACH] Every time I turn my PC on or restart it forfiles run on command prompt. I was trying to install a software due to which a malware has been added into my system. I scanned my system and found trojan which I deleted. Now, if I scan it again antivirus does not show...
  9. BitLocker and DMA and Memory Resilience attacks?

BitLocker and DMA and Memory Resilience attacks?: I an running BitLocker with fully encrypted OS drive with TPM only authentication. I have Sleep mode disabled with a setting: Never When not using my laptop, I power OFF my system completely. My question is, am I still vulnerable to DMA attacks if I shutdown my laptop...
  10. Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing: I tried to restart my laptop yesterday ......Dell 15 inch ..........purchased 27 October 2017. I received a message that I needed to enter some BITLOCK recovery keys. After about a half hour of searching on the web I found the recovery keys for my laptop. I entered the...
Tags: