Appearance of Windows 10 changed after waking from hibernate

Discus and support Appearance of Windows 10 changed after waking from hibernate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Everything is wider and bigger on the screen. I thought the resolution somehow changed but I changed that back to what I thought was the original 1366... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jwblue, Aug 8, 2018.

1. jwblue Win User

Everything is wider and bigger on the screen. I thought the resolution somehow changed but I changed that back to what I thought was the original 1366 x 738 and everything is not wide any more but everything is still large. The setting for "Change the size of text, apps..." is at 100% but everything is still big.

:)

jwblue, Aug 8, 2018
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 randomly waking from hibernation

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Network from Waking Your PC

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Network Adapter,
    Right click and select properties.

c. Go to the Power Management tab. uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

d. you'll find an “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box, which you should uncheck.

Step2: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 wakes randomly from hibernate

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Michelle Vil Win User

Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Appearance of Windows 10 changed after waking from hibernate - Similar Threads - Appearance changed waking

2. Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing DVD Driver When I install Windows 10 (in BOIS System): I was trying to windows 10 setup in Acer E14, but I can't set up this. When I restart this laptop and press F2 then show me an option. when I click Boot option I can't find Boot Mode then I save changed what I need. After that, I can't find the DVD option. Finally, I was...
  3. Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xerox Documate 152i Scanner on Windows 10: Hi I have recently purchased a Dell Optiplex 3050 installed with Windows 10 Pro. All the latest windows updates are now installed. I have connected my Xerox Documate 152i to a USB 2 port ( have also tried a USB 3 port ) and loaded the scanner software / drivers and also...
  4. Network driver does not work after win 10 update

Network driver does not work after win 10 update: Dont ask me to browse the community to find out how to fix it, this is not my responsibility! You microsoft so called "update" my windows and mess it up 4 times in 2 weeks. I needed to spend half working day to wait for the update and recover to previous build every time....
  5. Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...

Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607) CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSOD Error while updating to the latest...: I recently tried to update my 64-bit Windows 10 Pro to the latest version (currently my Win10 version is 1607) and I got this BSOD error: [ATTACH] After this Blue Screen of Death I waited for about 5 minutes and for some reason it did not reboot automatically. I tried to...
  6. How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I remove the "Quick Access Toolbar" from Windows File Explorer?: Let me be clear, I'm asking about the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I am not asking about how to change the Quick Access page. I am not asking about how to remove items or add items or customize items in the Quick Access TOOLBAR. I'm asking how to remove it. I can remove all the...
  7. Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every single Windows 10 update causes my monitor to be undetected.: Every single Window 10 update that happened for the past 2 years or causes my external monitor not to be recognized. This has been happening since about autumn 2016. [ATTACH] The resolution takes several hours each time. I suspect that Windows 10 update corrupts my Nvidia...
  8. Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 network list takes long time to load and display: When I click on the network icon on the bottom right corner, the list of available network and VPN should be displayed. However, recently it took a much longer time to display the list, 1. it took around 10 seconds to display the list of available Wi-Fi networks, 2. it...
  9. August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank

August 2018 Windows Update: Keyboard/Mouse/Screen Blank: This has become rather troublesome ordeal. I had this issue with the previous update and ultimate had to reinstall windows because of it. Recently, i got a forced update last night and i chose the update and shutdown option. Today, in the morning my computer booted up but...
  10. Your Phone app update removed for Windows 10 version 1803

in Windows 10 News
    Your Phone app update removed for Windows 10 version 1803: Microsoft last week pushed out a new update for its Your Phone app for users who have updated to the company’s latest version Windows 10 April 2018 Update. The Your Phone app lets users to access their photos and media gallery on their PCs. The app received couple of updates...