Windows 10: Apple Software Update Server Error

Discus and support Apple Software Update Server Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I try to check for software updates through Apple Software Update, it keeps saying "The Apple Software Update server could not be found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Apple Software Update Server Error

Every time I try to check for software updates through Apple Software Update, it keeps saying "The Apple Software Update server could not be found. Check your Internet settings and try again".

Does anyone have a solution for this?

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 8, 2016

2. Apple Software Update Server Error

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This may occur due to the third party security software installed in your system. So, I would suggest you to disable the anti-virus installed
    temporarily on your system and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 8, 2016
  3. Apple Software Update Server Error

Every time I try to check for software updates through Apple Software Update, it keeps saying "The Apple Software Update server could not be found. Check your Internet settings and try again".

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Jesse.Williams, Jan 8, 2016
  4. JohnC Win User

Apple Software Update Server Error

Your Norton firewall is most likely not letting it through. Try going to the firewall settings in Norton and unblocking it.

JohnC, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    I was prompted to update to v2.2 of Apple Software Update today. I updated and I've started getting the same error message as post 1. The server is operational and the program is not being blocked by my firewall or antivirus. Apple Support have given me instructions to uninstall and reinstall Apple software in a particular order. However, I can see from Googling the issue that others have done this and it didn't solve the problem.

I wanted to go back to the previous version 2.1.4 but I couldn't find a safe direct download link. I then restored the directory c:\program files (x86)\apple software update from a recent backup and this runs OK - but it would have been better to uninstall the new version and reinstall the old one. I suspect a serious bug in Apple's software. It looks like the quality of their software engineering is going in the same direction as Microsoft's.

Steve C, Mar 15, 2016
  6. Quite the opposite, I would say. Software has always been Apple's weak point. iTunes is an utter disgrace. I have no idea why anyone bothers using it anymore, as third-party (even free) apps can manage the media files in the iDevices, and updates can all be done over the air. Microsoft's software is quite good, especially in the business sector.

DeaconFrost, Mar 15, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    I've updated it yesterday, but haven't yet had any problems.

8. mikeproz Win User

ASU 2.2 is unable to find the server. checked hosts file & added exclusions to AV and firewall, still no go. Just spouting on whether Apple is worse or better at software is not at all helpful. Anyone have any solutions?

mikeproz, Mar 21, 2016
  9. Steve C Win User
    See my post 3 for a fix - I just restored the ASU directory from my Macrium backup. It would be better to install previous version 2.1.4 if anyone knows where to download it from.

Steve C, Mar 21, 2016
  10. mikeproz Win User
    Thanks Steve I saw your earlier post saying to restore from a backup. That's somewhat ineffective when as soon as you update iTunes to 12.3 or QuickTime, they will both overwrite your old restored ver 2.14 with the schlocky ver 2.2.

This site Apple Software Update 2.6.0.1 appeared to have older versions avail but they all redirect to ver 2.2 so that's a no-go

mikeproz, Mar 21, 2016
  11. Well I just noticed this problem starting too. I had updated it when it came out and it was working fine. I even used it to update to newest iTunes earlier this week. I then tested the update software in the aftermath to check and it was still working. But this morning the same error now comes up on both our desktop and laptop. Must be Apple server side issue as for both machines to to do this having worked ok is too much of conincidence. Will wait and see if it clears. A few people have reported same over on Apple forums.

within iTunes itself a check for updates works ok as it reports latest version installed. Of course that's not helpful as if an update was available then clicking it would take you Apple software update to perform the process. So Apple needs to make this work. Of course they are probably completely ignorant to the issue

Scottyboy99, Mar 24, 2016
  12. Steve C Win User
    Well ver 2.1.4 of ASU I reverted back to now has the same error - "The Apple Software Update server could not be found. Check your Internet settings and try again".

The must be a fundamental error with Apple's servers. I only use iTunes occasionally so I'll just let iTunes update itself.

Steve C, Mar 24, 2016
  13. Apple Software Update Server Error

Interesting, reverting to previous is what many on apple forums say but if that's now showing same error that kind of falls in line with my issue. Because my 2.2 was working ok and it's only today it errors out. Whatever the reason it is another shocking show by Apple. 'It just works', biggest lie ever. Their stuff has been riddled with bugs for years. Very dissapointed in them

i would drop the iPhone, iPad and iTunes in an instant if I wasn't so heavily invested in the Apple ecosystem (music, films, Apple TVs).

Scottyboy99, Mar 24, 2016
  14. Apple update working again this morning on v2.2. Is it back for anyone else?

Scottyboy99, Mar 25, 2016
  15. gtspeck Win User
    I experienced the same issues. Since I don't use Apple very much, I just uninstalled it.

gtspeck, Mar 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Apple Software Update Server Error - Similar Threads - Apple Software Update

2. Remove Apple software from W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove Apple software from W10: None of the suggestions I've seen work - I just get "server not ready" or some other bs message. Ridiculous waste of everyone's time and Msft needs to figure this out....
  3. Remove Apple software from W10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Apple software from W10: None of the suggestions I've seen work - I just get "server not ready" or some other bs message. Ridiculous waste of everyone's time and Msft needs to figure this out....
  4. Remove Apple software from W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10

Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10: Hi, After 20H2 update Win 10 on Mac Air didn't work anymore. I reinstalled Win 10. My keyboard has an issue: e.g. click right, volume, scroll up, down don't work anymore. Tried to use Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10 but the shortcut displays "parameter is...
  6. Apple Update Software

Apple Update Software: I'm trying to find the link to install the 'Apple Update Software' program. I inadvertently uninstalled it. And, I don't see the 'search' box in the lower left corner after I activate the 'windows' icon and can't enter the recommended verbiage....
  7. Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10

Apple Software Update 64-bit for Windows 10: Hello, I am having problems locating the link to download this. It seems I get sent to other places without addressing my issue. Everyone has been telling me to type it in near the windows icon in the lower left corner, buy it does not come up. I do have the latest iTunes....
  8. apple software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apple software update: HOW DO I INSTALL APPLE SOFTWARE UPDATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apple-software-update/164afa35-69eb-4c38-90f7-17b142d81a2a
  9. Media Server Software

Media Server Software: Hello! I have been using my pc as a Media Server from my Sharp Smart Tv. However it is very hit and miss. Like this morning, first of all the TV couldn't see the pc as a server, then after a couple of minutes it could. Then it could see the directories but not the files, then...
  10. Cannot update/repair or find Apple Software Update for Windows 10

Cannot update/repair or find Apple Software Update for Windows 10: iTunes 12.5x will not install on my Windows 10 desktop. I download the latest iTunes version and then get the error below, multiple times. [img] I read up on the error. The recommendation to cure the problem was to go to Programs, Uninstall, but instead Repair the...