Windows 10: Apple users scammed because of higher income

Discus and support Apple users scammed because of higher income in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there This could be a bit of a relief for Windows users Seems Apple users are being scammed more (or at least targeted more) because it's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimbo45, Apr 12, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Apple users scammed because of higher income

Hi there
    This could be a bit of a relief for Windows users

Seems Apple users are being scammed more (or at least targeted more) because it's perceived (not always correctly though) that they have a higher disposable income.

Online scams 'target Apple customers for richer pickings' - BBC News

Anyway it just goes to show ALWAYS use the Internet with care - whatever equipment you use and some scammers are getting increasingly sophisticated.

Never open unknown file formats, e-mail attachments from unknown senders, Bank, Tax office, Police etc and never give out too much info on Social media sites. Banks, Police, Tax offices etc will NEVER send out email requests for passwords / account info changes etc etc.

Also change passwords regularly and if you do online shopping either only use a specific card for that or use different cards - but don't keep too much money in the account.Have a separate account that you don't use for online shopping etc. It's still not to hard to set one up in most Banks.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Apr 12, 2016
  2. eurokanga Win User

How to disable the automatic setting wizard at start up without sending SMS!!

The best solution is to have your service provider block outgoing and incoming SMS services. This is particularly useful in the US were annonymous sms messages are sent and if no response is received agreement to the terms and conditions are then assumed
    by the sender and your pay-as-you-go account balance is then emptied with the smiling support of the service provider.

These scams are created and supported by legitimate mobile phone service providers and mobile phone producers because they themselves derive enormous income from the scams.

The only way to put halt to all this is simply to cancel sms services until governments step in and starting proper regulation. But that's unlikely as well because the result will be lower taxation collections and lobby income from the service providers.

eurokanga, Apr 12, 2016
  3. E5200@3.0Ghz cant go higher because of Windows 10

I am the manufacturer. Custom built PC (It's not much, but I'm pretty proud of it Apple users scammed because of higher income ;))

hman123467, Apr 12, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

Why should I feel a bit of relief? Scammers are out to get anyone and everyone.

Winuser, Apr 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Apple users scammed because of higher income - Similar Threads - Apple users scammed

2. Cannot install net framework version because a higher version is already install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install net framework version because a higher version is already install: I try everything,but was not able to install net framework 4.5.2 or 4.5.1 It always says there is a higher version install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-net-framework-version-because-a/8c0cd701-9528-429a-96a7-fbc85c5487b5
  3. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  4. NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO INCOMING MAILS!!!!!: hello, I need HELP, i have not been able to update my email. new messages have not come in since 15th March https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-mails/8d0bbd0b-c2e3-4b21-bd95-ea76adc2e447
  5. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  6. Ex Apple user going nuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ex Apple user going nuts: I have been using a Mac for and some years and am pretty competent at doing so. Having just purchased a windows laptop I am just about ready to take a chainsaw to it. I cannot seem to sort out the problems i have despite being able to get into settings and explore the various...
  7. Apple II Apple SOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apple II Apple SOS: Type jloadType JX$ = "OMG"Type Type JX$ = "I AMNOTABLETOBACKSPACEJpring https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/apple-ii-apple-sos/da9544c6-75bf-4408-8f69-14b3f7a29c5b
  8. During a scam call I gave remote access to an "Apple representative" that told me my Apple...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    During a scam call I gave remote access to an "Apple representative" that told me my Apple...: During a scam call I gave remote access to an "Apple representative" that told me my Apple account was hacked. How do I check my computer is clean from their hacking? Also on the remote access he purchased an XBOX card of 100 USD. I redeemed it when I notice the scam. Can I...
  9. No incoming Gmail

in Windows 10 Customization
    No incoming Gmail: Why is my Inbox Gmail not recieving emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-incoming-gmail/59fe20eb-6965-4c4b-96ad-31567eba72af
  10. keeps downloading higher and higher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeps downloading higher and higher: Hello, I have purchased the game Forza Horizon 3 about a week ago and it does not finish downloading. every time it gets close to finishing, it adds an extra 30-50GB's worth of download onto the game. Example: The game has downloaded 0GB's out of 60GB. I leave it to...